IGNORED

Tonight’s matches…

cityexile

3 minutes ago, Sheltons Army said:

He’s a box to box midfielder 

With their excellent recruitment ahead of the curve (They sign Diaz and Jota as ready replacements / supplements for Sakah /Firmino for example) - I look at their squad and think where can he look to bolster / upgrade with future in mind

Bellngham would be perfect (Mind you be would be a great acquisition for anyone)

Sorry I have not seen a great deal of Bellingham so I thought he was more a forward player not box to box. 

The way they play, the quality of their forwards, you can absolutely see Real turning over Man C in the second leg. Don't think they are favourites, but it would not be a huge shock to me.

Villarreal however just seem to have no Plan B. No idea how they turn this around and it looks over.

7 minutes ago, RedorDead BCFC said:

Sorry I have not seen a great deal of Bellingham so I thought he was more a forward player not box to box. 

Np

He’s probably good enough to play there ! or certainly part as a front 3 and is a decent finisher

But he’d be wasted there tbh , his all round game , his tacking passing , athleticism and drive , best utilised in the engine room 

Him and Foden are the best we’ve had since Gascogne 

Edited by Sheltons Army

1 minute ago, Sheltons Army said:

Ha ha Thiago reminds me , when playing local football , of a player you’d occasionally encounter in opposition who was in his 40s , but had played at a much higher level and totally ran the game , at a stroll , hardly breaking sweat  !

?

hahaha so true. Never broke into a sweat and had a smoke at H/T 

Liverpool's succession planning as others have mentioned. Good, very good.

Diaz, Jota. Steady integration of others into the squad if not necessarily week in, week out. Thinking players such as Konate and Keita yet with age on their side and some room for growth. Well Keita 27,  maybe he's peaked- Konate at 22 however, most definitely.

2 minutes ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

Liverpool's succession planning as others have mentioned. Good, very good.

Diaz, Jota. Steady integration of others into the squad if not necessarily week in, week out. Thinking players such as Konate and Keita yet with age on their side and some room for growth. Well Keita 27,  maybe he's peaked- Konate at 22 however, most definitely.

Strengthen whilst you are in good shape - Was always behind their success in 70s / 80s

You can soak up the odd one that doesn’t quite hit the standards and it gives you time to integrate the ones that do

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, TomF said:

I think we’re looking at a different era than even the Arsenal/Man U teams of late 1990s/2000s. The speed/press is just another level altogether 

I think that’s owing to the progression of athletes. It’s a different world now. 

I bet everything like diet and training is 100% better now that it was 20 years ago. So it’s difficult to compare. 

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Sheltons Army said:

Ha ha Thiago reminds me , when playing local football , of a player you’d occasionally encounter in opposition who was in his 40s , but had played at a much higher level and totally ran the game , at a stroll , hardly breaking sweat  !

?

He's my favourite player in their side. A really good assessment of him too that, he's been a top level footballer for over a decade. Has it all in the Midfield.