IGNORED

I need honest opinions

Mihai

Hey guys, 

Introduction:

I am back after a period without the forum. I felt to take a break from City games, posts and news but I saw once in a while the League Table. The season is over ( i know we still have to play 2 boring and useless games ) and if you ask me this was one of the most boring seasons in the last years. We really played like a bottom half team and we were never a real threat to our opponents. Boring football, not good in attack neither in the defense.  I think our defence was worse only when we relegated from Championship on 2013 if i remember well. 

Next season:

What do you think about the next season ? Personally I think that we have to be happy if the season will end the same as this, I don't see any possible improvments with the situation.  The board was an absolute mess for the past years and now we are in this horrbile shi*.

Financial aspects:

What is our financial situation ? You are much closer than I am. Are we going to be deducted next season ? 

Other teams:

How can Luton town qualify for a playoff and we couldn't ? How can Notthingham Forrest build a better team that fast when they were fighting for relgation lately ? 

Thanks ,

Mihai

• Like 2
  • Confused 1
  • Robin 1

4 minutes ago, TBW said:

"I felt to take a break from City games, posts and news"...

"if you ask me this was one of the most boring seasons in the last years. We really played like a bottom half team and we were never a real threat to our opponents. Boring football, not good in attack neither in the defense."

How would you know?

That was the bit when I stopped reading..

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

I honestly don't think this season has been boring, frustrating at times but not boring. I've actually quite enjoyed it on the whole.

You say we're not good in attack but I have to disagree, Weimann with 20 goals, what a season he's had. Semenyo is flourishing into a great player and I have high hopes for him next season. Admittedly we've been poor at the back though but definite signs of improvement the last 3 games.

I'm hopeful for next season, really need to keep Semenyo and Scott and hopefully add a few free transfers, I believe we have the right man to lead us to a respectable top half finish.

• Like 10
  • Thanks 1
  • Robin 3

53 minutes ago, GrahamC said:

That was the bit when I stopped reading..

Aha, I don't care about that. Nobody is forcing you to read, I've seen much worse topics around here and I was not typing shitty comments like yours. If you can't contribute, you can go to talk on another topic.

38 minutes ago, Packman said:

I honestly don't think this season has been boring, frustrating at times but not boring. I've actually quite enjoyed it on the whole.

You say we're not good in attack but I have to disagree, Weimann with 20 goals, what a season he's had. Semenyo is flourishing into a great player and I have high hopes for him next season. Admittedly we've been poor at the back though but definite signs of improvement the last 3 games.

I'm hopeful for next season, really need to keep Semenyo and Scott and hopefully add a few free transfers, I believe we have the right man to lead us to a respectable top half finish.

Thanks for the short review. Indeed, Weimann had a lot of goals. Since Tammy or Reid I don't remember any striker with more than 15 goals in a season ( in our team ). The things may changed a bit since I stopped and the attack got better. But the build up play and attacking no sense of throwing everything to Martin made me sick and I had to stop my subscription for the live games.

I see some people dont't understand a post like this. Maybe they are used to be a bottom team forever but not everyone has that mentality. I usually like my team to be a competitive one and have decent results, the position in the table is a dissapointment for me and for others also.

P.S. Except Packman, the rest of you made me realise that I don't belong here. I asked nicely if someone can tell me some things about the situation, but instead the smartass told me to check the entire forum, like I have time to read the last 3-4 months posts tonight and the rest trying to show me the their little funny sarcastic sentences. 

Have a lovely evening and thanks for the great help ? 

• Like 4
  • Confused 2
  • Sad 1
  • Robin 2

43 minutes ago, Mihai said:

Aha, I don't care about that. Nobody is forcing you to read, I've seen much worse topics around here and I was not typing shitty comments like yours. If you can't contribute, you can go to talk on another topic.

Thanks for the short review. Indeed, Weimann had a lot of goals. Since Tammy or Reid I don't remember any striker with more than 15 goals in a season ( in our team ). The things may changed a bit since I stopped and the attack got better. But the build up play and attacking no sense of throwing everything to Martin made me sick and I had to stop my subscription for the live games.

I see some people dont't understand a post like this. Maybe they are used to be a bottom team forever but not everyone has that mentality. I usually like my team to be a competitive one and have decent results, the position in the table is a dissapointment for me and for others also.

P.S. Except Packman, the rest of you made me realise that I don't belong here. I asked nicely if someone can tell me some things about the situation, but instead the smartass told me to check the entire forum, like I have time to read the last 3-4 months posts tonight and the rest trying to show me the their little funny sarcastic sentences. 

Have a lovely evening and thanks for the great help ? 

It has been a frustrating season, well the last 3 at least, there are posters such as myself who have been around watching city for longer than we care to admit and that is the thing through good  and well mostly bad we find ourselves here debating the the finer points of cities rise and fall, don't take it personally when people get frustrated with your criticisms I know exactly how you feel, after 55 years of ups and downs well mostly downs, but the ups have (almost) made up for them, don't give up posting on here as  it's always nice to hear from you despite your frustration we all want the same thing.   

Edited by pillred
Add comment
  • Like 2

5 hours ago, TBW said:

"I felt to take a break from City games, posts and news"...

"if you ask me this was one of the most boring seasons in the last years. We really played like a bottom half team and we were never a real threat to our opponents. Boring football, not good in attack neither in the defense."

How would you know?

Honestly! I think you need help with your alcohol problem. 

5 hours ago, Mihai said:

Hey guys, 

Introduction:

I am back after a period without the forum. I felt to take a break from City games, posts and news but I saw once in a while the League Table. The season is over ( i know we still have to play 2 boring and useless games ) and if you ask me this was one of the most boring seasons in the last years. We really played like a bottom half team and we were never a real threat to our opponents. Boring football, not good in attack neither in the defense.  I think our defence was worse only when we relegated from Championship on 2013 if i remember well. 

Next season:

What do you think about the next season ? Personally I think that we have to be happy if the season will end the same as this, I don't see any possible improvments with the situation.  The board was an absolute mess for the past years and now we are in this horrbile shi*.

Financial aspects:

What is our financial situation ? You are much closer than I am. Are we going to be deducted next season ? 

Other teams:

How can Luton town qualify for a playoff and we couldn't ? How can Notthingham Forrest build a better team that fast when they were fighting for relgation lately ? 

Thanks ,

Mihai

Slowly we are getting better.  Our forwards scores a lots and James, Williams find their roles in midfield. We concede lots of goals and the defence play has been the problem. We have no money so We have the players that we have. Some Young players We Hope can be good. Think our manager is good and lately We have been Playing good football. If we can get our defence play in order I have hope we can be better next season. Big thing is that we can keep Semenyo in our Club. He is a really good player. With him in the team and a good defence I have a small hope for top six. COYR!!!

• Like 3
  • Robin 1

9 hours ago, Mihai said:

If you're a Bristol City fan you belong here as much as the rest of us.

Don't take too much notice of the odd poster that seems to dismiss you're contribution to OTIB, it happens to the b....all of us, it's the nature of the internet that some shoot from the hip and most won't mean anything by it; they'll be as frustrated with the club over the last 5 years as you are.

The appointments of Johnson Jnr and Holden have tested my interest and support for City to the limit, so no surprise if you are bewildered and losing interest from afar.

Don't expect City to be challenging for promotion in the near future, that's unrealistic, but there are genuine signs we're coming out of our awful, mostly tedious 5 year slump now with an at last competent manager definitely having a plan to move the club forward, so stick with BCFC and OTIB.

I'm optimistic supporting City is going to get a lot more enjoyable - at last, 

• Like 10

12 hours ago, Mihai said:

Hey guys, 

Introduction:

Next season:

Financial aspects:

Other teams:

Thanks ,

Mihai

I think next season will be better. It has been poor at times but I think we’re heading in the right direction. Keep the faith, Up The City!!

• Thanks 1

46 minutes ago, Nogbad the Bad said:

If you're a Bristol City fan you belong here as much as the rest of us.

Don't take too much notice of the odd poster that seems to dismiss you're contribution to OTIB, it happens to the b....all of us, it's the nature of the internet that some shoot from the hip and most won't mean anything by it; they'll be as frustrated with the club over the last 5 years as you are.

The appointments of Johnson Jnr and Holden have tested my interest and support for City to the limit, so no surprise if you are bewildered and losing interest from afar.

Don't expect City to be challenging for promotion in the near future, that's unrealistic, but there are genuine signs we're coming out of our awful, mostly tedious 5 year slump now with an at last competent manager definitely having a plan to move the club forward, so stick with BCFC and OTIB.

I'm optimistic supporting City is going to get a lot more enjoyable - at last, 

IIRC Mihai is Rumanian and started to support us after winning some money in a et involving us , used to post quite regularly 

Good to see you posting @Mihai

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

12 hours ago, Mihai said:

Hey guys, 

Introduction:

Next season:

Financial aspects:

Other teams:

Thanks ,

Mihai

Most of the home games have actually been quite entertaining.  We've played some really good football at times, but consistency has eluded us and we've given the ball away far too cheaply and often fell foul of last-minute defensive frailties.

We don't seem to be anything like the sort of sides that we had in the past when we've finished in such a lowly position:  packed with players who don't want to be here or, frankly, without the ability to compete in the Championship.

Finances are a challenge, but with a few clever tweaks I think Nige could land us a happier season in22/23 even if we don't threaten the Top 6 much.

I'm more optimistic than I was this time last year. Up the City!

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

33 minutes ago, Sheltons Army said:

IIRC Mihai is Rumanian and started to support us after winning some money in a et involving us , used to post quite regularly 

Good to see you posting @Mihai

Didn't know about the bet, but he is Romanian and however his interest in BCFC started he's made 764 posts so seems to have caught the City bug like the rest of us. With all the frustrations that go with it!

Not easy from Romania, and coming on here without being able to use his first language can't be easy either.

You'd think people would cut him a bit of slack, be patient, and make an effort to welcome a poster from abroad.

I seem to remember his girlfriend was quite badly injured in a car crash - hope she's completely recovered now @Mihai

Edited by Nogbad the Bad
  • Like 10
  • Thanks 2
  • Flames 4

9 minutes ago, Nogbad the Bad said:

Didn't know about the bet, but he is Romanian and however his interest in BCFC started he's made 764 posts so seems to have caught the City bug like the rest of us. With all the frustrations that go with it!

Not easy from Romania, and coming on here without being able to use his first language can't be easy either.

You'd think people would cut him a bit of slack, be patient, and make an effort to welcome a poster from abroad.

I seem to remember his girlfriend was quite badly injured in a car crash - hope she's completely recovered now @Mihai

Well said, Noggers.

I welcome City's fans from abroad. All part of the Reds' big family.

If their use of English isn't perfect, that's understandable, could many of us post on a foreign-language football forum? They may not have the most coherent critique of on-pitch matters because they aren't able to catch many live games over here, again that's understandable.

But their support is always welcome and I hope my post gave @Mihai some idea of where I see City next season. 

• Like 2

It was the season I expected to be honest - and as ever, it is the hope that kills you.

There were some low points - away to West Brom and Coventry were just woeful

There were some high points - away at QPR with the Wells winner and home v Cardiff spring to mind

To me, it is clear where investment is needed and we have some very experienced people at the club who I feel will strengthen where we are going.

What many don't realise is really how bad things behind the scenes were. COVID provided a smokescreen of accountability and accessibility for us to see ourselves. Some still within the club are using it, to hide behind the decisions they made and the actions taken - but I do believe we have turned a corner for the better.

Like many, I'm ready for a break TBH (albeit a shorter one with the WC) and am already looking forward to the fixture list and trips down the M4 to watch the team. Next year will be better, but it won't happen overnight. I'd happily take a top 10 finish for next year, providing we keep the spine of the young and developing squad which justified the investment into the training centre. Then in 2023/24 - we'll be fighting the once again relegated Fulham to win the league! 

• Like 4

32 minutes ago, Red-Robbo said:

Well said, Noggers.

If their use of English isn't perfect, that's understandable, could many of us post on a foreign-language football forum? They may not have the most coherent critique of on-pitch matters because they aren't able to catch many live games over here, again that's understandable.

But their support is always welcome and I hope my post gave @Mihai some idea of where I see City next season. 

this 100%

maybe the smart arses could try responding in the posters native tongue, see how that goes :)

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

30 minutes ago, Red-Robbo said:

Well said, Noggers.

Yep, RR, your post was measured, informative and concise, all with a friendly tone.

Just the reply mihai would have been hoping for I expect.

• Thanks 1

13 hours ago, Mihai said:

Hey guys, 

Introduction:

Next season:

Financial aspects:

Other teams:

How can Luton town qualify for a playoff and we couldn't ? How can Nottingham Forrest build a better team that fast when they were fighting for relgation lately ? 

Thanks ,

Mihai

Next season: Dependent on how the summer goes but at the moment, I'm hoping for a mid table finish, maybe breaking top half, with an improvement defensively/ seeing games out.

Financial aspects: Others can give a better idea but from what I have seen, I don't think we will get a points deduction though  it will be very tight. I believe due to the amount we lost last year we have had to submit a a plan to the EFL showing them how we plan on how we will improve this position and remain complaint with the regulations. There are also rumour that EFL will be changing the FFP rules going forward. https://www.nottinghampost.com/sport/football/football-news/nottingham-forest-accounts-championship-ffp-6941904

From a financial perspective this summer and next summer, the main priorities will be to reduce the wage bill.

Other teams: Luton are an extremely well run club with a clear plan of how they wish to progress from Board Level down, their scouting has also been excellent and they have a clear way of how they wish to play. this has been the case for a number of years and has already seen them promoted a couple of times.

Forest have a better squad than us and were massively underperforming under Hughton at the start of the season (throughout his whole reign truthfully). Cooper (in my opinion the best young coach outside the Prem) has got them performing, 

• Like 1

This season has not been dull at all but it has been a frustrating one. 

The injuries to senior players, the fact that Nige at no stage  has been able to select his best 11. The number of occasions that City have conceded late goals which has cost several points.

Some of blame goes to the defenders but the entire team are responsible. Game management has been piss poor and that’s really irritating Nige who have referred to it several times.

Next season - much depends on who stays, who goes and who Nige is able to bring in but I remain optimistic that that we’ll have a far better season next campaign.

• Like 2

As another distant viewer, I'd say this season's been quite interesting, given we didn't have to do that well to stay up given that Derby were down from day one. 

And seeing the kiddies come through has been great, the rise of Semenyo (not a striker, remember, they score goals), Scott looking good, HNM not cutting his hair, Tanner tackles that make a grown man shudder...

And the summer could be proper nuts.

• Like 1

This season has been a tough one. We had the long run of winless home games off the back of last season, the last minute goals we’ve conceded and some truly shocking performances. 

On the plus side there has been the emergence of some exceptional young players, and it’s been really pleasing to see how NP has been prepared to blood players from our youth ranks. 

Next season is an unknown quantity because we don’t know who will still be here. The financial position is concerning, and might force us to sell one of our starlets, and also it restricts what we can do in the transfer market. But actually that might be a positive after the huge amount of waste during the LJ/Ashton era when we seemed to sign an endless stream of average players. 

We are also finishing the season more strongly, so that gives cause for optimism too. 

• Like 2

On 26/04/2022 at 22:04, Mihai said:

Hey guys, 

Introduction:

Next season:

What do you think about the next season ? Personally I think that we have to be happy if the season will end the same as this, I don't see any possible improvments with the situation.  The board was an absolute mess for the past years and now we are in this horrbile shi*. agree the board i.e SL has made some poor manager selections/decisions which is the reason why we are where we are. Our present manager is somewhat still "on trail" having completed his first year here. Many fans hopes are pinned on this next transfer window and who goes/comes/stays.One minute we seem to be one of the favs for the drop the next we could be challenging the top six next year. Lets wait and see what our squad is like at the start first.

Financial aspects:

What is our financial situation ? You are much closer than I am. Are we going to be deducted next season ? No-one really knows yet, could go either way

Other teams:

How can Luton town qualify for a playoff and we couldn't ? How can Notthingham Forrest build a better team that fast when they were fighting for relgation lately ? previous poor manager selection has got us to where we are today and better choices have got those teams to where they are; bottom line S.L`s fault; players were brought in by the managers and Ashton that SL brought in. All this after he and Dawe sacked the best manager, SC we have had here in many years and who got us to this div.

It remains to be seen if his current selection NP is a better choice.

Thanks ,

Mihai