IGNORED

City and Stoke fined.

Bristol Rob

11 hours ago, Slacker said:

I still don't think Bentley should even have been booked.

Definitely gave as good as he got, he had opportunity to let go and carried on

Not sure it's worthy of a fine for the clubs, there's been far worse incidents on a football pitch even just in terms of disgraceful "tackles"

11 hours ago, Numero Uno said:

Let’s see how big the fines are for Everton and Liverpool then.

Better comparision would be Man City and Atletico Madrid?

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, MarcusX said:

Not sure it's worthy of a fine for the clubs, there's been far worse incidents on a football pitch even just in terms of disgraceful "tackles"

Way I saw it Marcus the Stoke player was all over Bentley and he was just trying to push him off.

2 minutes ago, redsince1994 said:

Not for the initial contact, but he did dump the guy on the ground once they were over the hoardings.

Think a yellow each was fair from the ref.

A fine is ridiculous though, barely an incident, certainly not a "melee"

Certainly seen worse getting bookings but no fine.Does seem a bit excessive. 

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, Slacker said:

Way I saw it Marcus the Stoke player was all over Bentley and he was just trying to push him off.

As others said, certainly initially but I think if you watch it back you'll see Bentley held on to him after and then sort of dumped him (or tried to)

Handbags though really, hardly worth even investigating - both laughed it off, accepted their punishment and there was no further issues between the two

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, MarcusX said:

As others said, certainly initially but I think if you watch it back you'll see Bentley held on to him after and then sort of dumped him (or tried to)

Handbags though really, hardly worth even investigating - both laughed it off, accepted their punishment and there was no further issues between the two

I think this is the important bit, it cooled down so quickly after and there weren't any other flare ups as far as I can remember.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, MarcusX said:

This 100%

Can the clubs appeal, and bring in a load of video evidence to support it and simply say "what about this one", "what about this", "what about this shocking challenge that led to......"??

An absolute disgrace to get fined for this, and I'd hope both clubs have a go back at the FA for obvious double standards.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Slacker said:

No it was certainly I’ll pull you a bit and you pull me a bit. Both players had opportunity to end it sooner than they did but obviously neither wanted to be the one to back down. They were both almost laughing at eachother and daring eachother to make the next move during the initial contact. I think to the rest of the players it looked worse than it was at a distance and it all kicked off when they steamed in. 

• Like 1