IGNORED

New shirt

Mattredrobin

I kind of think they’ve missed a trick here.

Its relatively common for teams to unveil a new kit on the last game of the season. With Mansion Bet no longer being principal partners, there was no reason to keep wearing their logo, and we could have had the new Huboo kit ready to roll for tomorrow. Would have meant fans could buy it at the game and I’d imagine a fair few would have to take on holiday.

Just seems a little short sighted - everyone who wants this years kit will have it, and we could have got a lot of early sales on the board.

• Like 14

18 minutes ago, TomF said:

Remember years ago, maybe 1992/93 season, end of season we had some people parashot into the ground wearing the following seasons kit. 

Yes I remember that! From what I recall it was the first time we had the purple away shirt - and there were a few gasps because people thought it looked blue (me included)!

3 hours ago, TomF said:

Remember years ago, maybe 1992/93 season, end of season we had some people parashot into the ground wearing the following seasons kit. 

Yeah, from a sensible Bukta design, to the wide collared Nibor get-up, replete with a spider web pattern. Awful.

1 hour ago, E.G.Red said:

And it may even as its Hummel have chevrons on the sleeves.

Don't forget, the chevrons can go down as well as up.

• Sad 1

This is where I bash the Commercial Department again ( I wish the Lansdown's would read this and take note ).
The whole commercial side is not fit for purpose . Yeah we've had some nice kits, but stock can be sketchy, they don't get it in early so people can buy for the summer, the stock in the shop is poor, nothing about it says we want to make money.
The kit should be ready for the end of the season, last home game would be ideal. Get the whole summer to sell shirts, people could get them for holiday and the start of the season. Before now they've arrived into the season, they miss out on selling so many shirts through poor organisation.

• Like 9
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Rocking Red Cyril said:

Oh no Chevrons ?

15 hours ago, E.G.Red said:

And it may even as its Hummel have chevrons on the sleeves.

13 hours ago, Curr Avon said:

Yeah, from a sensible Bukta design, to the wide collared Nibor get-up, replete with a spider web pattern. Awful.

Don't forget, the chevrons can go down as well as up.

Well someone will, it might as well be me ....

Edited by 1960maaan
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

14 hours ago, 1960maaan said:

This is where I bash the Commercial Department again ( I wish the Lansdown's would read this and take note ).
The whole commercial side is not fit for purpose . Yeah we've had some nice kits, but stock can be sketchy, they don't get it in early so people can buy for the summer, the stock in the shop is poor, nothing about it says we want to make money.
The kit should be ready for the end of the season, last home game would be ideal. Get the whole summer to sell shirts, people could get them for holiday and the start of the season. Before now they've arrived into the season, they miss out on selling so many shirts through poor organisation.

Exactly this! 

I'm down cornwall on holiday in 2 weeks time I want to walk around in the new city shirt.. perhaps hang a new City towel on the balcony of the caravan with pride... especially if I spot someone from the other side of Bristol there ?

Yet nope nothing.. ?

• Like 1

14 hours ago, 1960maaan said:

It was ever thus. We all know that now is the time to get that nice Beanie Hat for the depths of winter before we can stock up on tshirts for the summer just after Christmas. Simples. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, DolmanDave said:

Exactly this! 

I'm down cornwall on holiday in 2 weeks time I want to walk around in the new city shirt.. perhaps hang a new City towel on the balcony of the caravan with pride... especially if I spot someone from the other side of Bristol there ?

Yet nope nothing.. ?

it’s bonkers we don’t do beach towels! 

15 hours ago, 1960maaan said:

Have to agree.

If sponsorship or manufacturer hasn’t been decided you could understand, but both have been set for a while now. 

I was a bit obsessed with football kits as a kid I could tel you the colour, design etc of almost any team I drew them all the time so I always paid attention. Memory may have done me a disservice but I’m sure there was a time when most teams wore their new shirt on the last home game of the season? Presumably around the time teams went from every 2 years to every year for new kits?

Miss a big opportunity as you say - last home game of the season is usually a bigger crowd, cheaper tickets if nothing to play for so big audience for new stock. Perhaps the experts will say that actually it’s one last chance to try and shift old stock but our shop isn’t big enough and doesn’t hold enough stock anyway.

On 29/04/2022 at 21:43, 1960maaan said:

I can never get my head around teams not bringing a new shirt out before the final home game of the season.

Sell more for the summer, gives an impression of better value for money because it has a longer shelf life and you're more likely to get further sales around Christmas given little'uns would feel due another new shirt having had their last one six months ago.

What am I missing?!

(Worth saying the vast majority of clubs are like us on this, so I accept I may actually be missing something because I'm not a commercial expert...)

• Like 1

Just now, The Journalist said:

I can never get my head around teams not bringing a new shirt out before the final home game of the season.

Sell more for the summer, gives an impression of better value for money because it has a longer shelf life and you're more likely to get further sales around Christmas given little'uns would feel due another new shirt having had their last one six months ago.

What am I missing?!

(Worth saying the vast majority of clubs are like us on this, so I accept I may actually be missing something because I'm not a commercial expert...)

The only reason I can think of is that they're still trying to shift as much remaining stock as possible for this year's shirt. Why bother buying it if next season's is out?