IGNORED

New shirt

Mattredrobin

2 minutes ago, The Journalist said:

I can never get my head around teams not bringing a new shirt out before the final home game of the season.

Sell more for the summer, gives an impression of better value for money because it has a longer shelf life and you're more likely to get further sales around Christmas given little'uns would feel due another new shirt having had their last one six months ago.

What am I missing?!

(Worth saying the vast majority of clubs are like us on this, so I accept I may actually be missing something because I'm not a commercial expert...)

Well I must be missing the same thing, to me it males sense to release it before the end of the season.
All those fans wanting to wear the shirt on holiday.
The support would be at the ground anyway and sales would be good almost whatever position you were in.
Fans would have all summer to buy for the following season 3 months or more of peoples Birthdays.

To me it seems an absolute no brainer

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, KegCity said:

The only reason I can think of is that they're still trying to shift as much remaining stock as possible for this year's shirt. Why bother buying it if next season's is out?

Fair comment - I guess to bring that 12-monthly cycle forward you're going to take a bit of a hit on older stock.

I wonder how much in the way of current shirts etc they're still shifting?! Even with reductions they're still expensive and just feel a waste of money to me by this point, off the back of an unmemorable season that's about to finish.

• Like 1

On 29/04/2022 at 15:50, TomF said:

Remember years ago, maybe 1992/93 season, end of season we had some people parashot into the ground wearing the following seasons kit. 

That was the year of the purple and lime kit.

It didn't get a good reception....

Pretty mad why so many people seem so shocked no new kit yet, I’d be surprised if our deal with Mansion Bet allows us to wear or sell a new kit/sponsor before our contract end date which I assume would be following play off final dates, would be surprised is contracts were based on play off dates with sponsors etc regardless of club etc. 

• Like 2
  • Robin 1

On 29/04/2022 at 15:50, TomF said:

Remember years ago, maybe 1992/93 season, end of season we had some people parashot into the ground wearing the following seasons kit. 

Never ever want to question you mate, but that’s a past tense of a verb that I’ve never heard before… and I’m now going to check. How bizarre!

Edited by Fordy62

Did a quick Google and it seems like a late July release date is standard for all main manufacturers. Can’t find a reason for that date but it’s safe to say that the Nike and Adidas marketing departments rarely miss a trick so there has to be some financial method to the madness.

Edit: It appears to be a combination of manufacturer's deals starting/stopping, sponsor deals starting/stopping and optimising the transfer window ie: shirts with star player names and numbers printed on them sell very well.

Edited by SydneyCity

23 minutes ago, Agard Days Night said:

Hoping this kit is a nice one. No central badge, no parasite betting company sponsor, no Comic Sans, no hashtags. And out in the club shop ready for purchase in time for caravan holiday in late July. Fingers and toes crossed!

I posted this previously, seems an apt post to include again:

New kit bingo goes as follows:

1) I don’t like the shade of red

2) I prefer a proper collar cause it looks well smart when I wear it out on the town innit

3) I don’t like the badge position

4) I don’t like the sponsor

5) I never buy the kit anyway

6) It looks cheap

7) It looks tacky

8. I like it

9) I don’t like it

10) Modern kits look crap in XXXXXL

11) I can’t believe they’ve run out of the 3rd goalkeeper kit socks

• Like 3
  • Flames 1

17 minutes ago, Tinmans Love Child said:

2) I prefer a proper collar cause it looks well smart when I wear it out on the town innit

6) It looks cheap

7) It looks tacky

8. I like it

9) I don’t like it

What do you win if you get all 11?

All I want is a red home kit with white shorts, a white away shirt with black shorts, and the purple and lime.

That combo adheres to tradition and history, has the interesting purple and lime, and importantly means that we have effective kit options that should ensure that we are never the guilty party when we play someone who's kits blend with ours. 

If every other club adopted a similar policy - one dark block kit, one light block kit, and one 3rd kit of an alternative colour, then we'd have far fewer issues

• Like 2

Well at least with our sponsor we can have it across all the shirts next season as it can be used on on kids shirts too. 

I would like a bright cerise pink kit, but obviously we are never going to get it as we wear red. What about a dark teal or aqua, something different for us as I think purple and Lime has had its time now for a while.

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, RedM said:

I think purple and Lime has had its time now for a while.

I never liked the purple and lime anyway, but it's become a bit stale. I'd like a properly yellow away kit, for a change. Or a white-out kit, that would be cool.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, SecretSam said:

I never liked the purple and lime anyway, but it's become a bit stale. I'd like a properly yellow away kit, for a change. Or a white-out kit, that would be cool.

I’m not a fan of yellow at all, yellow anything. I don’t think I own anything yellow to wear or to use. So sorry but I don’t really want to see my team in yellow, especially with a green trim, ugh ? 

:laugh:

• Like 1

3 hours ago, RedM said:

I’m not a fan of yellow at all, yellow anything. I don’t think I own anything yellow to wear or to use. So sorry but I don’t really want to see my team in yellow, especially with a green trim, ugh ? 

It's a football shirt.

Not Sunday best.

• Haha 1

On 04/05/2022 at 07:08, Tinmans Love Child said:

6) It looks cheap

7) It looks tacky

8. I like it

9) I don’t like it

Brilliant. Well done fella!

On 04/05/2022 at 16:38, RedM said:

Chris Martin wearing yellow? It would be funny.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

On 04/05/2022 at 09:04, WWred said:

Would quite like to see a Yellow and Green away number this year coming

I always think the away shirt is where you can be more imaginative and go outside the normal set of colours. Teal and white would be good. As it would stand out like the purple & lime did for us.

Edited by E.G.Red