IGNORED

New shirt

Mattredrobin

23 hours ago, 22A said:

This was in the EP, in Feb 1994. Fans got to choose from a selection of five designs for home shirt and from three for the away shirt.

image.png.e39ed567c59436f9d9f1cf5f49284467.png

I can remember this, being almost 14 and so incensed that the club were suggesting we wore quarters that I wrote a strongly worded letter to FourFourTwo. It was duly printed and their reply was basically telling me to calm down and have a cup of tea!

• Haha 1

I actually quite like the idea behind that D shirt, but more Blackburn style than quarters. Not only for obvious reasons but the half and half shorts look awful.

I wouldn’t be opposed to a 54-55 style white sleeves shirt, don’t care who it looks like if anything it would be more stand out. I always thought of Rotherham as well as Arsenal with the white sleeves.

At the moment our red shirt could be mistaken for any of about 30 other teams

19 hours ago, David Brent said:

Can we have a reversible shirt? City on one side, Liverpool on the other

Absolutely not!!

Out of interest, as we are releasing the new shirt tomorrow, can we expect a shiny new signing to be wearing it? ?

Edited by Ska Junkie
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, MarcusX said:

Brentford will wear the same home shirt again next season, fair play to them

Sustainability may make this normal. Don't Exeter do that?

3 minutes ago, Finley_Smith10 said:

Would love it to be similar to either our promotion shirt or the pinstripe one. 

Which promotion shirt?

• Like 1

16 hours ago, MarcusX said:

Brentford will wear the same home shirt again next season, fair play to them. 

Although it's a good gesture, it's far easier to turn down income streams when you benefit from Premier league payments & I doubt that Brentford sell a particularly high number of replica shirts, so I doubt that it has much impact on their overall revenue. 

Clubs outside the ptrm depend on these revenues and the bigger clubs sell 100.000's/millions of shirts, so it's far more substantial income that you're talking about. 

It's a fairly easy gesture for a club in Brentfords position. 

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Sweeneys Penalties said:

Oh Gawd. I hoped for some class and style 

I'm hearing he has a fav colour. I can't say untill all is revealed but it's certainly going to split opinions! I'm hoping someone is winding me up if I'm honest. For the record I don't expect this colour to be used for home or away, but other shirts may not be safe!

• Hmmm 1