IGNORED

New shirt

Mattredrobin

It's ok.

Think it'll look pretty good on a sunny day at the start of the season, or perhaps during a warm day out to Wembley next May.

Not so sure it'll look that good on a wet Tuesday night in Coventry.

It's fine I think.

Probably want a dark block away or third kit though. This is quite a busy home kit so having an option of a single block colour wold be good.

20 minutes ago, CiderJar said:

It seems to hint at red and white at home, black and white away?image.png.da2d85f89239ecfc0f795d1677209b5a.png

Hummel chevrons are black as is the Hummel logo, could be that? However if its not Purple and Lime either black or white are the usual away kits so probably a decent chance its black

When are we getting the sky blue away kit? :fear:

1 hour ago, BCFCGav said:

Embarrassing isn’t it. Makes people come across like they think they’re really cool and special. 

Yep. It's not like if someone is walking around town in the full kit.

It's a top. They have adult sizes. I think its smart and have no issues with people wearing a top. Especially if they are exiled.

• Robin 1

At last, at last.  The return of this great kit.  I have been waiting decades for its return.  Well done City.  All I want now is the blue kit as an away kit, based on our Cup Final kit.

The new/old kit is great.  Now all we need is to find a new John Atyeo to wear it !

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Atticus said:

Yep. It's not like if someone is walking around town in the full kit.

It's a top. They have adult sizes. I think its smart and have no issues with people wearing a top. Especially if they are exiled.

Is it not a good look for grown men in their late 40s to walk around town in the full kit? I'm just asking on behalf of a friend ?

24 minutes ago, Sir Geoff said:

Didn't like just the shirt but the whole kit looks pretty smart........We'll all be buying it for the play off final at Wembley next year so better get used to it.

Yeah, agreed :) If this is going to be the biggest thing we've got to worry about next season then bring it on!

I don’t mind, not my favourite. I’m pleased the club are trying to do something a bit different, there’s always a risk some won’t like it. It does have a nod to some history and City do seem to be trying to acknowledge it history more

Id be fuming if I was a paying Spurs fan.

1 hour ago, Olé said:

So for the 68th (me either) anniversary of once wearing white sleeves in 1954 we're going to pretend we're Arsenal (or Rotherham). Absolutely embarrassing attempt to use a bit of history for yet more gimmicks on the kit front. Bristol City may not have the biggest identity in football but couldn't we at least protect what we have. All red shirts, white shorts - after Man Utd at least fairly distinctive in the top two divisions.

For once just keep it simple and classy, rather than appearing to have no identity at all by messing about so much. Other clubs will take the piss out of us and rightly so, why are Bristol City wearing Arsenal or Rotherham's kit? Also, from memory the last time we messed about this much with the home strip - putting a black hoop around about a third of the normally all red home shirt, we got relegated from the Championship.

Rant over. BTW feel a bit sorry for Hummel who produce really good gear, but no doubt are working under instruction from team Comic Sans.

I take it you picked up on this:

image.thumb.png.f3aedb147af9a90d453997778ad3f37d.png

https://www.reachfeverpitch.com/about-me-jon-lansdown

• Like 1
  • Confused 2

1 hour ago, Olé said:

So for the 68th (me either) anniversary of once wearing white sleeves in 1954 we're going to pretend we're Arsenal (or Rotherham). Absolutely embarrassing attempt to use a bit of history for yet more gimmicks on the kit front. Bristol City may not have the biggest identity in football but couldn't we at least protect what we have. All red shirts, white shorts - after Man Utd at least fairly distinctive in the top two divisions.

For once just keep it simple and classy, rather than appearing to have no identity at all by messing about so much. Other clubs will take the piss out of us and rightly so, why are Bristol City wearing Arsenal or Rotherham's kit? Also, from memory the last time we messed about this much with the home strip - putting a black hoop around about a third of the normally all red home shirt, we got relegated from the Championship.

Rant over. BTW feel a bit sorry for Hummel who produce really good gear, but no doubt are working under instruction from team Comic Sans.

Wholly agree - to me it's not Bristol City and a no. Following on from a pseudo Middlesbrough shirt a few seasons ago can we not get a consistent identity.

46 minutes ago, Ronnie Sinclair said:

So then, the general feedback is the new kit is bloody lovely and bloody vile  ?

It looks better than last seasons, so that's positive at least

Same as every single kit launch then!  It doesn’t matter what you do, it will be marmite.  To reinvent the wheel of a red shirt season after season whilst merging all of the individual opinions fans have about it is an impossible task!

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Ronnie Sinclair said:

So then, the general feedback is the new kit is bloody lovely and bloody vile  ?

Same feedback as every season to be fair.

At least they’ve gone for a bit of a sentimental idea (50’s/John Atyeo era) and they don’t have those awful templates some kit manufacturers ship out via third parties.