IGNORED

New shirt

Mattredrobin

I guess the fever pitch production is for the launch video and not for the kit design. Hummel normally produce 15/20 designs that they show the club as early as September. These designs usually incorporate a historical concept ( as per this kit) or incorporate local features or something of meaning to the club in question. Therefore not sure how much use John's crayons got in producing this design. Could be wrong of course ( but I did listen carefully to the Hummel guy on POF last week).

• Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, Sir Geoff said:

I guess the fever pitch production is for the launch video and not for the kit design. Hummel normally produce 15/20 designs that they show the club as early as September. These designs usually incorporate a historical concept ( as per this kit) or incorporate local features or something of meaning to the club in question. Therefore not sure how much use John's crayons got in producing this design. Could be wrong of course ( but I did listen carefully to the Hummel guy on POF last week).

Yes was referring to the video production….I see there are 3 or 4 ex-Bristol Sport media or JMP media now part of Fever Pitch’s team.

1 hour ago, Davefevs said:

Didn't even realise JL was involved with Fever Pitch! The only City connection I first noticed was that Rogan Thomson; one of the photographers who was with JMP; now works for them.

As for the shirt overall, it's good to see the collar back & the badge no longer being centre. For me, the white sleeves will take a while to get used to...

On 06/06/2022 at 18:43, shahanshahan said:

At least it's good that Sophie Whitehouse was included, as part of the "one club" mentality. I can assume players from City Women to be included in other kit reveals - especially if all teams now have the same shirt sponsor (as opposed to Mansion Bet & Yeo Valley respectively) 

And it was great to see Ffion Morgan, Ella Powell, Lia Cataldo & Chloe Bull be included in the reveal. Nice line from the article on the club website
"Sponsored for the first time by new principal partner Huboo and created with the club’s technical partner hummel, City has taken a shirt from a time when women’s football was still banned [by the FA], to a kit that’s worn by all its teams, from Academy to first team"

Edited by shahanshahan
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, shahanshahan said:

Didn't even realise JL was involved with Fever Pitch! The only City connection I first noticed was that Rogan Thomson; one of the photographers who was with JMP; now works for them.

As for the shirt overall, it's good to see the collar back & the badge no longer being centre. For me, the white sleeves will take a while to get used to...

And it was great to see Ffion Morgan, Ella Powell, Lia Cataldo & Chloe Bull be included in the reveal!

Ed Lewis ex-City

Max Southway ex-Flyers

Tom Vaux ex-Bears

• Like 1

Home shirt is … erm ….. different. Fresh and, well, a change. Nice video. 

Like the warm up shirt although the scribbles on the white seem odd - a ‘top hat’ what’s that about? Just a pity they don’t do an open neck. Useful summer gardening gear, cool with quick wash and dry. Not sure I could bear taking the scissors to the neck of a £35 shirt though as I’ve done with the old (cheaper) versions.

Edited by RedRock

10 minutes ago, RedRock said:

Like the warm up shirt although the scribbles on the white seem odd - a ‘top hat’ what’s that about?

That old chap. Built some train lines. Some stations. A boat. A bridge. Has some links to Bristol. Might’ve heard of him? :)

• Haha 4

• Admin
1 minute ago, Dan Robin said:

I like the style of the home kit and the reference to the past...but I find the sponsor too large/bulky: maybe on the pitch we won't notice it too much...

I'm still trying to figure why a shirt worn in the mid 1950s?