IGNORED

New shirt

Mattredrobin

• Admin
2 hours ago, CiderJar said:

I wonder what kit we wore there in the league fixture that season?

Like the year we lost to Stoke in the AWS we brought out a random one off kit, but surely could have been worn a second time?

3 hours ago, redsince1994 said:

Honestly love that launch.

Skateboarding and Bristol City have been linked for me for a long time, me and my mates who had season tickets would go to dean lane early on match days. Bit of skating, try to blag a can or 2 of cider, find somewhere to stash the boards then go straight back after the game.

Appreciate its a very personal link but this is pure nostalgia for me!

In true Bristol fashion, I always have to refer it as "Arr Dean Lane"

Who is Dean anyway?

46 minutes ago, redsquirrel said:

out of that lot i like the purple gk top but away shirt the best. the other 3 look cack

We'll see the white away kit, presumably in combo with the away GK kit, in the friendly v Plymouth tomorrow.

I agree it's the best of the selections.

Should be some glorious sunny photos from tomorrow's game!

Edited by ExiledAjax
  • Like 1

Our home shirt in the future should be the opposite of this year’s away shirt - red with a white stripe. Apart from looking good, it sets us apart. Over the years there are many teams with red shirts that are little different from ours- Liverpool, Man U Notts Forest Aberdeen etc , ( Arsenal are a bit different with the white sleeves) but the white stripe will set us apart. Everyone will know that it is a Bristol City shirt, 

5 hours ago, Aberdeen Pete's Dad said:

Our home shirt in the future should be the opposite of this year’s away shirt - red with a white stripe. Apart from looking good, it sets us apart. Over the years there are many teams with red shirts that are little different from ours- Liverpool, Man U Notts Forest Aberdeen etc , ( Arsenal are a bit different with the white sleeves) but the white stripe will set us apart. Everyone will know that it is a Bristol City shirt, 

Boro' do something similar with their band across the chest 

On 17/07/2022 at 08:10, Aberdeen Pete's Dad said:

Do you mean a red shirt with a black and white stripe?

Got the grey / orange shirt for my boy today, it really is a thing of beauty, so much so I’ve got one for myself (the first one I’ve got since our Adidas days).  The sizings are questionable though aren’t they?!  99% of the time a large will fit me with a bit of wriggle room no problem, however it’s almost skin tight on the replica shirt and XL was required 

4 hours ago, Ronnie Sinclair said:

Got the grey / orange shirt for my boy today, it really is a thing of beauty, so much so I’ve got one for myself (the first one I’ve got since our Adidas days).  The sizings are questionable though aren’t they?!  99% of the time a large will fit me with a bit of wriggle room no problem, however it’s almost skin tight on the replica shirt and XL was required 

I mentioned this higher up, they aren’t “fitted” but they do come up slightly smaller than a traditional size.

1 minute ago, MarcusX said:

I mentioned this higher up, they aren’t “fitted” but they do come up slightly smaller than a traditional size.

They definitely have some size labelling errors on batches of the Robins shirts - we got a Y2XL clearly not right size, took it into the shop they got another Y2XL out & it was right size - held up against each there was a very clear size difference.

So it's ok you probably haven't pie'd out, it's just miss-printing by Hummel ;) 

5 hours ago, Ronnie Sinclair said:

I got one a few weeks ago. Went into the club shop as nearby and wanted to try it out for size. I could get in the medium but was uncomfortable, the large was a better fit but felt a bit tight round shoulders and back so left with an XL that fitted comfortably but possibly a tad too big round the belly. 

Edited by cider11

54 minutes ago, Jeez said:

They definitely have some size labelling errors on batches of the Robins shirts - we got a Y2XL clearly not right size, took it into the shop they got another Y2XL out & it was right size - held up against each there was a very clear size difference.

So it's ok you probably haven't pie'd out, it's just miss-printing by Hummel ;) 

Yep , my daughter has got the home shirt  and when we bought the third shirt we had to buy a different size to get the same fit . Agree some are labelled wrongly.

Edited by mattjb