IGNORED

New shirt

Mattredrobin

Seems a very 'Marmite' shirt. I personally don't think I've disliked a shirt so much for a long time. Too Arsenal, don't like the stripy socks.HATE collars on shirts

Why the return to the 1950's with this shirt and then go hyper modern with the 'keepers. They don't look like they are playing in the same team together. Why the hint of 1950's anyway, not like its a centenery year or something.

• Like 7

Anyone who bought Toffs replica cotton 54 kit knows it was a winner, provided it had long white sleeves & wasn't put on a hot wash.....

Next seasons' kit, with short sleeves and an horrendous, 'make you mind up' collar doesn't work for me.

Still, it's apparently an 'authentic replica' (?) made from 8 plastic bottles - cue chants of '8 plastic bottles, wasted on that shirt, 8 plastic bottles wasted.....'

55 minutes ago, pongo88 said:

https://www.bcfc.co.uk/

I like the old style kit, but it just needs one thing to make it perfect. Every player must have a short back and sides haircut with plenty of Brylcream 

There you go!

• Haha 3

8 minutes ago, RedZepperin said:

It looks like a white polo shirt with a red tank top over it. It's pretty awful but it's our awful. Loved the promotional video. 

That was my thought as well, if you watch the video, one shot with Antoine Semenyo that's exactly how it looks.

I don't like it personally, I don't hate it, if I was in the habit of buying tops purely for collection purposes I would buy it.  If it was for wearing probably not.  I am way past buy kits to wear, sporting wear on a fat man isn't a good look :)

Best Hummel home shirt for me, didn't like central badge last season (would have easily been best if normal badge positions) and didn't like the feint vertical changes in material in shirts year before so best Hummel home shirt for me, favourite recent shirt was the plain last BS shirt.

So for the 68th (me either) anniversary of once wearing white sleeves in 1954 we're going to pretend we're Arsenal (or Rotherham). Absolutely embarrassing attempt to use a bit of history for yet more gimmicks on the kit front. Bristol City may not have the biggest identity in football but couldn't we at least protect what we have. All red shirts, white shorts - after Man Utd at least fairly distinctive in the top two divisions.

For once just keep it simple and classy, rather than appearing to have no identity at all by messing about so much. Other clubs will take the piss out of us and rightly so, why are Bristol City wearing Arsenal or Rotherham's kit? Also, from memory the last time we messed about this much with the home strip - putting a black hoop around about a third of the normally all red home shirt, we got relegated from the Championship.

Rant over. BTW feel a bit sorry for Hummel who produce really good gear, but no doubt are working under instruction from team Comic Sans.

• Like 13
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

45 minutes ago, Port Said Red said:

Are you sure? I have never studied our shirts that far back, but in the previous 50 years history it would seem there might have been seasons when they did.

If this site is accurate, white sleeves were only used in the 50s promotion season.

Bristol City - Historical Football Kits

I like it though - nice to have a change rather than yet another all red shirt. Also nice to have the hooped socks again.