IGNORED

Hull City at home match day thread

Thanks @Jerseybean I found your report very interesting, particularly the bit on how to survive a tiger attack. I’ve often been worried walking through the park to a game as the bushes could be hiding a lurking tiger ready to attack. Thanks to you, today, I’ll have no worries as if a tiger leaps out and growls I’ll know what to do to survive. Any advice on grizzly bears? 

• Haha 5

From today I'd like.

To continue to look more solid.
To see Semenyo bully defenders again.
Alex Scott get back to the earlier season form.
Cundy & Atkinson continue improvement
Williams to shine.
Idehen to get another run.
But most of all Conway to get a decent run out.

Hopefully I won't get too carried away on the Red Stripe. 

• Like 2

Certainly be an interesting selection, subs as well.

No real logic in including anyone we don’t want to keep now, though accept that in the case of Scott & Semenyo that might be out of our hands.

If Klose, Cundy & King are in the 18 then I think they will be here next season.

• Like 1
42 minutes ago, pongo88 said:

Thanks @Jerseybean I found your report very interesting, particularly the bit on how to survive a tiger attack. I’ve often been worried walking through the park to a game as the bushes could be hiding a lurking tiger ready to attack. Thanks to you, today, I’ll have no worries as if a tiger leaps out and growls I’ll know what to do to survive. Any advice on grizzly bears? 

No doubt, whoever writes the MDT for todays game between LEICESTER TIGERS & BRISTOL BEARS will include this essential advice ?

• Like 1
1 hour ago, GrahamC said:

Certainly be an interesting selection, subs as well.

No real logic in including anyone we don’t want to keep now, though accept that in the case of Scott & Semenyo that might be out of our hands.

If Klose, Cundy & King are in the 18 then I think they will be here next season.

It would be good. The Huddersfield game is a bit different - there could be a lot riding on the result so I`d rather we kept it `honest` regarding team selection up there. We`d be livid if we were competing with them for a top place and discovered their opponents had put out a team of kids.

21 minutes ago, weepywall said:

Over 20k tickets sold for today, that's quite impressive ? 

Shows how our fanbase has grown in recent years to be honest - to be able to still pull in 20k at home after the dire season we have had is v impressive.

I don’t care what anyone says we are a well supported club at this level..

Edited by bris red
  • Like 13

I'm upbeat and looking forward to a home win and looking to end this season on a positive note.

The team kind of picks it self with the squad we have but I expect Tanner to feature at some point.

Bentley

Cundy, Klose, Atkinson 

Scott, Williams, James, Dasilva

Weimann

Martin, Semenyo 

2 hours ago, 1960maaan said:

From today I'd like.

To continue to look more solid.
To see Semenyo bully defenders again.
Alex Scott get back to the earlier season form.
Cundy & Atkinson continue improvement
Williams to shine.
Idehen to get another run.
But most of all Conway to get a decent run out.

Hopefully I won't get too carried away on the Red Stripe. 

I’d that red stripe in a teacup then? ?

• Haha 2
1 hour ago, Lanterne Rouge said:

It would be good. The Huddersfield game is a bit different - there could be a lot riding on the result so I`d rather we kept it `honest` regarding team selection up there. We`d be livid if we were competing with them for a top place and discovered their opponents had put out a team of kids.

If there is a winner between Bournemouth and Forest, I think other than mathematically they are out it.

I have half a memory of a side a few years back making something like 11 changes when they were secure in the play offs but could not get top two for their last match, and that it was Huddersfield. There was something riding on it for the team they were playing and others were not happy. I suspect it will all come down to what side they want to put out for us.

• Like 1
1 hour ago, richyy66 said:

Stuck in work today until 7pm -  Is this game on Robins TV. I can only see an Audio option but no live screening.

Yes, but only if you’re abroad 

2 hours ago, weepywall said:

Over 20k tickets sold for today, that's quite impressive ? 

I think the fact it’s a BH weekend has helped, nice weather too. 

• Thanks 1

I’ve been on a lovely trip this morning with my wife and daughter around the centre, we got the train from Parkway to Temple Meads, then the ferry around the docks to the centre, what a beautiful place we live in!.  

Anyway, when we got to the centre I saw a lot of the Hull City players taking a stroll around the docks and I must say they looked way too relaxed, like they are already on the beach relaxed I’m talking, so I deduced that we will spank them 3-0 guaranteed!  

• Like 1
7 minutes ago, cityexile said:

If there is a winner between Bournemouth and Forest, I think other than mathematically they are out it.

I have half a memory of a side a few years back making something like 11 changes when they were secure in the play offs but could not get top two for their last match, and that it was Huddersfield. There was something riding on it for the team they were playing and others were not happy. I suspect it will all come down to what side they want to put out for us.

That season, Huddersfield rested players over the last 2-3 games.  lots of people saying they’d lost momentum…but they got promoted.