IGNORED

Hull City at home match day thread

End of season, dead rubbers etc etc, but… comfortably our best block of 5 games this season. Only one that we’ve been undefeated, only one with positive goal difference, 11 points when next best was 7. NP clearly the opposite of LJ, as in all 5 game blocks we won at least once and until this one, lost at least once as well. 

A point or more next week and this season will have been our 4th best/4th worst points tally of the 7 since promotion. At the start of the season I was expecting middle 8, we’ve missed that by one place, but overall pretty pleased, given the development of youngsters, carrying a significant goal threat (joint 4th highest scorers) and maybe, just maybe, improving our defending in a sustainable way in recent weeks. 

• Like 2
Just now, The Swan and Cemetery said:

End of season, dead rubbers etc etc, but… comfortably our best block of 5 games this season. Only one that we’ve been undefeated, only one with positive goal difference, 11 points when next best was 7. NP clearly the opposite of LJ, as in all 5 game blocks we won at least once and until this one, lost at least once as well. 

A point or more next week and this season will have been our 4th best/4th worst points tally of the 7 since promotion. At the start of the season I was expecting middle 8, we’ve missed that by one place, but overall pretty pleased, given the development of youngsters, carrying a significant goal threat (joint 4th highest scorers) and maybe, just maybe, improving our defending in a sustainable way in recent weeks. 

Good time for it to happen to, gives us momentum into next season. 

Great result. When was the last time we won by 5?! (Or even 4?!)

To get a clean sheet as well is excellent. I bet Pearson is feeling pretty pleased with himself; this is what he has been aiming for for so long.

Weimann Semenyo Martin surely starting to be noticed by the rest of the league as quite a force.

• Like 1

Well done to all concerned today. A great team performance full of energy and endeavour. Hull got dispirited very quickly as we , as they say, ‘ wanted it more’

And why did we ? 
Step up Largish Nige. He has done a very good job in forging this team identity.Well done Sir.

That looked like a team that can go on to better things, if we can hang on to Semenyo at the very least and keep the majority of them fit and available.

• Like 9
10 hours ago, 1960maaan said:

From today I'd like.

To continue to look more solid. ✔️
To see Semenyo bully defenders again.✔️
Alex Scott get back to the earlier season form. Nearly
Cundy & Atkinson continue improvement ✔️
Williams to shine.✔️
Idehen to get another run. No, shame though.
But most of all Conway to get a decent run out. Could have done with more

Hopefully I won't get too carried away on the Red Stripe. Started on IPA so we're OK ....... ish ?

18 minutes ago, Shaun Taylor said:

I don't think local news/sport give you enough coverage compared to the inferior lot they seem to focus more on the rugby

Well spotted. This is something a lot of City fans have noticed for a while.

If you make the play-offs and have to face them... PLease please please pleasse do them.

I think one or two of theirs would fear having to play a local side more.

I wish you well.

Edited by AppyDAZE
  • Haha 1