IGNORED

Kammy leaving Sky Sports

Lanterne Rouge

4 hours ago, Lanterne Rouge said:

Jeff just announced that Kammy is leaving SS after 24 years and they are currently showing a montage of his `best bits`. 

Presumably it`s for health reasons as widely reported a few weeks ago (i can`t find the thread).

Good luck Chris in whatever you do and look after your health. We`ll all miss 

A wonderful broadcaster who puts a smile on the face of Saturday afternoons. Keep well Kammy, you'll be sorely missed.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, The Gasbuster said:

Yep, top bloke, he will be missed.

Will be a big disappointment when Jeff does pack it in next season. Him and Kammy probably the top two personalities on the Saturday afternoon show.

Jeff`s not going now, he announced a couple of weeks back he`d changed his mind (was offered more money!)

“Over to Fratton Park where there's been a red card, but for who? Chis Kamara...“

“I don't know Jeff, has there? I must have missed that"

Can always brighten the darkest day! 

It's the totally bewildered look on his face. 

Edited by fgrsimon
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Rocking Red Cyril said:

Money brings out humans greed there fore to be cynical is the correct reaction 

Of course it is the obvious assumption, but nowhere has it been reported that he had had a pay rise or indeed asked for one, though the fact he has suddenly changed his mind would lead most people to assume money had been the reason whereas in the post it had been said that he had received more money when they could not have known for a fact, that was my beef.

13 minutes ago, pillred said:

Of course it is the obvious assumption, but nowhere has it been reported that he had had a pay rise or indeed asked for one, though the fact he has suddenly changed his mind would lead most people to assume money had been the reason whereas in the post it had been said that he had received more money when they could not have known for a fact, that was my beef.

I wondered if he might have been tapped up by Channel 4 to front their England coverage but that doesn`t seem to be his `thing` to be honest and he would be much better sticking to doing what he is a master at.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Lanterne Rouge said:

I wondered if he might have been tapped up by Channel 4 to front their England coverage but that doesn`t seem to be his `thing` to be honest and he would be much better sticking to doing what he is a master at.

I must admit I would not like to be the person that has to eventually replace him he will be a hard act to follow.

• Like 1

I know most people have so far focussed on his humour and great reporting around the grounds on soccer Saturday but I also think he was a very good presenter alongside Ben Shepperd on Goals on Sunday.

That is a much missed show as it was well presented with good guests and Kammy was a mainstay for years.

I am not sure why sky took it off air but they have made some strange decisions regarding shows over recent years, their Thursday night Ringside show was also brilliant but axed.

Good luck Chris

• Like 1