IGNORED

Weimann Semenyo Martin

Red Army 75

With all the talk of Massengo, Scott & Semenyo having potential offers in the summer, I wouldn’t be surprised if Weimann actually has a heck of a lot of interest too. 
After Mitro & Solanke, he’s the best striker in the championship this season. There will definitely be clubs who are interested. 

• Like 6
  • Robin 1

17 minutes ago, Harry said:

With all the talk of Massengo, Scott & Semenyo having potential offers in the summer, I wouldn’t be surprised if Weimann actually has a heck of a lot of interest too. 
After Mitro & Solanke, he’s the best striker in the championship this season. There will definitely be clubs who are interested. 

Absolutely. I’m surprised this hasn’t been said more often.

1 hour ago, Harry said:

Well they can **** off .

• Like 16
  • Robin 1

3 hours ago, Mr Sno said:

Can't wait for next season - they have momentum and will be a major threat to sides next season. Very exciting times.

Wow we beat Hull 5-0.....  With the greatest respect....we only achieved momentum once the season was almost over, the time to find momentum is around January, and not when there are 6 games left, and it no longer matters?   I admire your optimism, but until i see what Pearson does in the transfer market, and who stays and who is sold..........i am definitely   waiting before i buy my season ticket

Edited by maxjak
  • Haha 2
  • Hmmm 1

10 minutes ago, maxjak said:

Wow we beat Hull 5-0.....  With the greatest respect....we only achieved momentum once the season was almost over, the time to find momentum is around January, and not when there are 6 games left,and it no longer matters?   I admire your optimism, but until i see what Pearson does in the transfer market, and who stays and who is sold..........i am waiting before i buy my season ticket

For me, how you end the season often determines how you start the next. Get relegated and there’s often a hangover, finish the season unbeaten and there’s a bit of momentum. 

We’ve all seen our lot go through the motions at the end of the season in recent years, none more so than the dicking at Millwall last May. So give credit where credit’s due for today. 

Our front three complement each other well. Tighten up at the back and strengthen in certain positions and we will be upwardly mobile IMO.

Edited by tin
  • Like 11
  • Hmmm 1

2 hours ago, Harry said:

I thought Scott was pretty poor today but the other forwards were excellent

Edited by AshtonGreat

3 hours ago, Harry said:

And he’s a mid fielder not a striker ?

1 hour ago, maxjak said:

Wow we beat Hull 5-0.....  With the greatest respect....we only achieved momentum once the season was almost over, the time to find momentum is around January, and not when there are 6 games left, and it no longer matters?   I admire your optimism, but until i see what Pearson does in the transfer market, and who stays and who is sold..........i am definitely   waiting before i buy my season ticket

I have to admire your consistency. Had we lost, scraped a draw or scabbed a 1-0 win, moaning would have been completely understandable but to remain on the same track after a 5-0 win is proof of a true curmudgeon. 

• Like 18
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Harry said:

I wasn't worried, as he seems happy here, and at his age I don't see offers big enough coming the club's way, where they foresee a large profit after replacing him. (With Ashton gone at least)

However, recently I realised there will be other clubs willing to hugely increase his wages in his last good earning years.

Might not be quite so happy here then on his reduced wages.

Now I am a bit worried. 

11 hours ago, maxjak said:

If you can’t get at least a little bit giddy with optimism after yesterday, that season ticket may be wasted on you anyway…

• Like 7

9 hours ago, MJP3 said:

I wasn't worried, as he seems happy here, and at his age I don't see offers big enough coming the club's way, where they foresee a large profit after replacing him. (With Ashton gone at least)

However, recently I realised there will be other clubs willing to hugely increase his wages in his last good earning years.

Might not be quite so happy here then on his reduced wages.

Now I am a bit worried. 

I heard a story that he’d been offered improved terms…no idea if true.

• Thanks 1

13 hours ago, maxjak said:

Hard to please??

Maybe swap notes with my wife ?

• Haha 1

@DaveFevs.

I do hope that's correct.

Whilst some would point out that he agreed to his current contract, to penny pinch with him after his performances have saved us from relegation, would not be motivational.

He has shown his true value when people actually get the ball to him at the right time, in the right positions. A value I'm sure many clubs would be happy to pay. (Or exceed)

Especially as I assume Palmer and Wells are on a great deal more with little contribution this season.

I'm also assuming Contracts don't include a "Not getting Relegated" bonus that allows them all to buy their own Caribbean Island. If I'm wrong, no need to worry and everything is fine.

Edited by MJP3
  • Like 1

10 hours ago, LondonBristolian said:

If you can’t get at least a little bit giddy with optimism after yesterday, that season ticket may be wasted on you anyway…

Giddy!..Ha!!.....The next 3 months are massive, who comes , who goes, and who stays?  I am not so naive as to think that beating a side, admittedly clinically, that are already on the beach, is cause to believe all is hunky-dory at Pearsonville?  After supporting City for 30 years i have seen just about everything, apart from the Premier league?   So if you are swelling with optimism after seeing us beat a extremely average Hull team, then good luck to you and your fantasies, I prefer to live in the real world.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Son of Fred said:

Hard to please??

Maybe swap notes with my wife ?

You bet i am hard to please.  Well done for beating a side already in Majorca, admittedly very well, and in the penultimate game of the season?  It means nothing after 45 games, except, possibly,  that at last Pearson is getting his act together.  I will wait until Late July until I decide if I am pleased.    What's that cliche?    " One swallow does not a summer make"  I know it's an oldie, but it rings true.         

18 minutes ago, maxjak said:

Giddy!..Ha!!.....The next 3 months are massive, who comes , who goes, and who stays?  I am not so naive as to think that beating a side, admittedly clinically, that are already on the beach, is cause to believe all is hunky-dory at Pearsonville?  After supporting City for 30 years i have seen just about everything, apart from the Premier league?   So if you are swelling with optimism after seeing us beat a extremely average Hull team, then good luck to you and your fantasies, I prefer to live in the real world.

FWIW my own optimism is based on lots of stuff that happened before 3pm yesterday, that was just a nice bonus.

25 minutes ago, maxjak said:

If we’d of lost you be moaning that we didn’t beat a team on the beach. 

It’s embarrassing that a number of fans are unable to offer praise when it’s due to Pearson and the players. 

• Like 8

14 hours ago, maxjak said:

You seem to be projecting a hell of a lot on to me there, which seems to say plenty about you and very little at all about me.

This may shock you but - as I am sure is the case with plenty of other fans - I see a little bit too much of “the real world” during the week and enjoy City playing well as a little bit of escapism from that.

Seasons are going to have highs and lows - and this season has has more lows than highs - but, if you can’t enjoy your team winning 5-0 and get angry with other fans for doing so, what’s the point of turning up at all?

• Like 10
  • Thanks 1
  • Flames 1