IGNORED

Muppets

AppyDAZE

Does anyone actually enjoy watching the player walk around the pitch and clap the fans? I don't see the enjoyment personally.

I suppose we can say at least there was no malice in it, it was tinpot though to run on a pitch to celebrate being what 17th!

15 minutes ago, JoeAman08 said:

No thoughts for the players or their young families and how they would feel about it. I don’t really mind a few kids ending up evading stewards but 30 40 50 year old blokes doing it is a bad look. 

Noticed a few having to pick their kids up when they saw what was happening. Really ruined it I think. Didn’t know who I was clapping with the amount of people on the pitch. Simple things for simple minds I guess. COYR 

• Like 2

35 minutes ago, Pezo said:

Does anyone actually enjoy watching the player walk around the pitch and clap the fans? I don't see the enjoyment personally.

I suppose we can say at least there was no malice in it, it was tinpot though to run on a pitch to celebrate being what 17th!

We do.  It's our chance to show our appreciation to them for the season. 

• Like 4

39 minutes ago, formerly known as ivan said:

Why are pitch invasions frowned upon nowadays? Years ago it was the done thing last game of the season regardless of how things had gone.

Games gone soft!

Just to add to that, don’t get the point of the lap of appreciation either.

Years ago there wasn’t alway the pitch walk around by the players so it didn’t matter if people ran on the pitch. Now there is a warning about not going onto the pitch with the warning, implied or explicit, that an invasion will mean that players go off. So what happens?  The brain dead go into the pitch and the players go off! (I’m not blaming any children, as they follow the example set by parents) 

• Like 1
  • Flames 2

46 minutes ago, formerly known as ivan said:

Why are pitch invasions frowned upon nowadays? Years ago it was the done thing last game of the season regardless of how things had gone.

Games gone soft!

Because they ruin it for others. 

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, Out of his pie crust said:

Clifton?

:laugh: Well the first one I saw on the pitch didn't look like the brightest bulb in the packet, sorry if that's you and you're on the forum, but you looked a proper ***** (and not young btw)

I said what sort of prat does something like that to my son and we both agreed probably the same sort of tool who finds it more entertaining to throw a shoe around the place than look at what's going on on the pitch (and especially seeing how good it was today)

Edited by AppyDAZE
  • Like 6
  • Flames 1

2 hours ago, kiwicolin said:

We do.  It's our chance to show our appreciation to them for the season. 

Me too. Also you got to consider that you may not see a few of them at Ashton Gate again, why not show some appreciation for their time here.

• Like 5

2 hours ago, formerly known as ivan said:

Games gone soft!

But surely pitch invasions should only be pure celebration, i’ve certainly ran onto the pitch a few times for promotions etc. But come on, how tinpot did we look today. We can’t even say we were celebrating survival by a last gasp goal or something.

• Like 8

1 hour ago, Super said:

Because they ruin it for others. 

As a grown person, do you really wait to see players walk around a pitch? Seems strange to me.

I got memories from being a kid running onto the pitch last game of the season, great times. Unfortunately our kids what get to make memories. They get to talk about the time someone waved from afar!

• Like 4

14 minutes ago, formerly known as ivan said:

As a grown person, do you really wait to see players walk around a pitch? Seems strange to me.

I got memories from being a kid running onto the pitch last game of the season, great times. Unfortunately our kids what get to make memories. They get to talk about the time someone waved from afar!

Personally made me cringe, especially in the circumstances & I had to explain to my son that what they were doing was wrong. I suppose there is also the security side of it, if some head case got near a player etc. Don’t get me wrong, I can see it with a promotion or last game survival type of thing, but today was embarrassing. COYR 

• Like 9

26 minutes ago, formerly known as ivan said:

What about a grown person running onto a pitch? 

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, formerly known as ivan said:

“Grandad! Tell me again about that time you ran onto the pitch after we played in another game that ultimately meant nothing”

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

I think it’s sad that the fans of tomorrow can’t go on the pitch to greet their heroes. 

Back in the day it was the done thing, us youngsters would join the players on the pitch, our parents would hold back and watch. 

It’s a shame that grown adults can’t afford their kid’s that special feeling without acting like arseholes. 

• Like 6
  • Flames 1

5 hours ago, formerly known as ivan said:

It’s also a chance for players to clap and thank fans for attending through the season. Also seen players signing autographs and taking pictures with fans on their way round as well before.