IGNORED

Movement & Passing

Simon79

These two elements were what stood out for me today. We actually passed the ball with a purpose, a bit of zip to it. Far to often the passing is so slow, where as today we passed it with the belief that the recipient could handle the ball. It stops the other team from being able to get back into shape etc & pulls them about. That coupled with the much better & more fluent movement was exactly what I want to be watching from City. Energy & purpose, was great to watch. Possibly didn’t need its own topic, but it’s just nice to see so many positives! COYR 

• Like 16

1 minute ago, Davefevs said:

I think it helps when Williams can spray a pass too…means we can get our side players on the ball quickly, without our opponents being able to get in shape. Scott benefitted a few times in the first half.  We passed it with good tempo too.

Absolutely, he looks to constantly get on the ball, I’ve never understood a footballer being on a pitch & not wanting the ball at his feet. He demands it & I like that. We made the pitch big today, wide players got white marks on the back of their boots! Happy days. COYR 

10 hours ago, Simon79 said:

These two elements were what stood out for me today. We actually passed the ball with a purpose, a bit of zip to it. Far to often the passing is so slow, where as today we passed it with the belief that the recipient could handle the ball. It stops the other team from being able to get back into shape etc & pulls them about. That coupled with the much better & more fluent movement was exactly what I want to be watching from City. Energy & purpose, was great to watch. Possibly didn’t need its own topic, but it’s just nice to see so many positives! COYR 

Totally agree , its been frustrating at times this season with wayward misjointed passing leading to nothing. Interesting though that the possession stats today were  50:50

Edited by E.G.Red

1 hour ago, johnbytheriver said:

Williams did not get booked today! Miracles do happen! Still needs to prove his fitness, so lets see what next season brings?

I’m really hoping he gets a full pre-season, not a broken one like last season.  He should be going into the summer with a reasonable level of fitness this time around.  I’m no sport scientist but you do hear stuff that completing pre-season is so important.  I’m sure others will know more than me.

1 hour ago, E.G.Red said:

Totally agree , its been frustrating at times this season with wayward misjointed passing leading to nothing. Interesting though that the possession stats today were  50:50

As it usually seems to be about 70:30 in the opposition's favour getting 50:50 yesterday felt like we completely dominated!

Thought we pressed as well as ever today too. Very high up the pitch and forced a fair few mistakes. I thought the passing was very noticeable too.

It is one game against a team below us though with nothing to play for. Can say the same about us though so fair play to them and NP. Was a nice way to end the season at AG. 

• Like 2

Really great to see us pass and move at pace. Being able to get the ball forward, under control at pace, makes a massive difference. 
Weimann & Semenyo's movement and speed, even Martin takes up good positions even though he may not have that extra gear. Did out pace their CB though. 

It may have been a dead rubber, against a poorish side (what their keeper was doing coming to the edge to the box early on ??? ), but it shows promise for next year. I'd say if we can add a good defensive style MF, and a RB it's promising. Anything else would depend on other movement in/out I guess, but much better finishing the season with hope for a change.

8 minutes ago, 1960maaan said:

Really great to see us pass and move at pace. Being able to get the ball forward, under control at pace, makes a massive difference. 
Weimann & Semenyo's movement and speed, even Martin takes up good positions even though he may not have that extra gear. Did out pace their CB though. 

It may have been a dead rubber, against a poorish side (what their keeper was doing coming to the edge to the box early on ??? ), but it shows promise for next year. I'd say if we can add a good defensive style MF, and a RB it's promising. Anything else would depend on other movement in/out I guess, but much better finishing the season with hope for a change.

The good thing is, on the face of it, we don’t need too much in.  If TK goes, then we need another CB imho, but RB and DM I agree with.

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

The good thing is, on the face of it, we don’t need too much in.  If TK goes, then we need another CB imho, but RB and DM I agree with.

Everything depends on what happens with players leaving. Kalas, Massengo , Palmer (not so much) , Wells etc. That could mean we need more. 

#InNigeWeTrust ...... for now ?

16 hours ago, Davefevs said:

I think it helps when Williams can spray a pass too…means we can get our side players on the ball quickly, without our opponents being able to get in shape. Scott benefitted a few times in the first half.  We passed it with good tempo too.

A fully fit Williams is key to our midfield and whole shape working . We have no one any where near his ability in midfield. Simples 

10 minutes ago, 1960maaan said:

Everything depends on what happens with players leaving. Kalas, Massengo , Palmer (not so much) , Wells etc. That could mean we need more. 

#InNigeWeTrust ...... for now ?

If massengo, Kala's, Palmer, which I think they will. We have cover I would think. If wells goes, and u feel NP sees him as part of his squad. So just be sold to get his wages of the accounts. He will need replacing 

10 minutes ago, Rocking Red Cyril said:

If massengo, Kala's, Palmer, which I think they will. We have cover I would think. If wells goes, and u feel NP sees him as part of his squad. So just be sold to get his wages of the accounts. He will need replacing 

The only one who wouldn’t need replacing is Palmer.

5 hours ago, 1960maaan said:

Their keeper was a bag of nerves. I thought it must have been his debut but he’s on loan from Chelsea and that was his 15th league game this season.

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, KegCity said:

The only one who wouldn’t need replacing is Palmer.

It’s crazy that Swiss stockpiled Paterson, Smodicz and Palmer and the one we end up keeping has contributed **** all whilst the other two would at least given us something this season!!

18 hours ago, Davefevs said:

If we can keep Scott and early indications are we might be able to, then we would hope to have a choice of Williams James and Scott, behind Weimann Martin and Semenyo in a perfect world. That is a lot of Talent. I'm not sure we would need another forward even if Wells goes, (and again I am not sure anymore if that will happen either). It seems Klose and Cundy are close to new deals and now we have DiSilva playing a bit again, the need I see is for a right back. Of course Tanner will be fit again soon to play at the back, so what do we have coming through to be first team competitive and who is OOC in areas where we suffer from higher than average injury rates is the key?

The lad who played centre back for 20 minutes against Derby looks very composed for a youngster and Conway, Bell, Benny, Pearson and Owers will all be pushing. Pring and Towler will also be fighting for places, so I certainly feel that Mr Pearson will not be strengthening using actual pound notes unless we sell. HNM is all but gone I would say and as much as it may irk one or two, Pearson just doesn.t like him as a player a great deal. The wild cards are going to be big offers for Bentley, Scott Weimann, Semenyo and sell ons for Brownhill (who scored yesterday) Webster Kelly etc. We are in a pretty good position compared to most clubs I would say.  

Edited by REDOXO
  • Like 2