IGNORED

The Quality of the City Shop - again! Compare it to Hull’s

Denbury Red

12 minutes ago, Magger1 said:

I think this has been brought up before  but has the club shop emptied stock as if you go on the app and click shop there’s next to nothing available 

surely through summer they should be stocked up with shorts / T-shirt’s beach towels / sun hats - last years kit in all sizes and new kit when released  there seems to be very little care for the fans needs , come on city get your act together 

I went in there today to pick up my order to use my rewards up.

Was actually surprised to see a selection of warm winter hats in this weather, but probably just a way of getting rid for new lines.. though probably won't see a warm wooly hat again though until next summer... 

Wallets, mugs,stationery, rucksacks, general bits like that I noticed can't say I paid attention to any clothing in there.

Edited by DolmanDave

16 hours ago, Magger1 said:

I think this has been brought up before  but has the club shop emptied stock as if you go on the app and click shop there’s next to nothing available 

surely through summer they should be stocked up with shorts / T-shirt’s beach towels / sun hats - last years kit in all sizes and new kit when released  there seems to be very little care for the fans needs , come on city get your act together 

Just did the same, and unless you want a youth shirt/kit there is nothing available. Surely they haven't sold everything!? Has anybody been in and able to confirm what they have and prices etc? 

Assuming they've just taken last seasons shirts off the site already, surely you want to be able to maximise any potential profit by putting them under a sale section?

Not everybody lives around the corner and can just "pop in". 

The club shop is old fashioned a bit like buying from a freeman’s club book , I did offer them terrace style options and ideas after all that’s the people who wear them but they laughed me out of office and told me if I sold my designs they’d sue for copy rights .Its easy small print on polos the style of Some high street designers and T-shirt’s , on the side of smart cotton shorts , linen shirts you can wear on evening out who ever is in charge of this down there wants SACKING 

I was browsing around 3Retro the other day, and whilst looking I noticed they were selling retro Bukta Crystal Palace and Wolves shirts. Now as City had a host of shirts from Bukta back in the 80’s and early 90’s, it made me think that the club are missing a trick here as they would go down an absolute storm with City fans. Maybe this is something that the club could look into?

11 minutes ago, BS15_RED said:

I was browsing around 3Retro the other day, and whilst looking I noticed they were selling retro Bukta Crystal Palace and Wolves shirts. Now as City had a host of shirts from Bukta back in the 80’s and early 90’s, it made me think that the club are missing a trick here as they would go down an absolute storm with City fans. Maybe this is something that the club could look into?

Retro shirts are very popular.  I was tempted by the Spurs 92 away shirt the other day - and I don’t even like Spurs 

https://www.kitbag.com/en/international-clubs/tottenham-hotspur/tottenham-hotspur-1992-away-shirt/o-31542466+t-03538514+p-894406972+z-8-1139058862?_ref=p-DLP:m-GRID:i-r19c0:po-57

3 hours ago, Barrs Court Red said:

Retro shirts are very popular.  I was tempted by the Spurs 92 away shirt the other day - and I don’t even like Spurs 

https://www.kitbag.com/en/international-clubs/tottenham-hotspur/tottenham-hotspur-1992-away-shirt/o-31542466+t-03538514+p-894406972+z-8-1139058862?_ref=p-DLP:m-GRID:i-r19c0:po-57

Retro shirts would be a great idea and a decent seller. The problem is it would require some research and effort from those that operate the shop and you're confusing them with someone who gives a damn about City. 

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Barrs Court Red said:

Numbers sold by Spurs against the numbers we would sell would always make it a non starter. We are not likely to sell thousands more like 100's. So where do you start size wise how many to order in each size ? How much will the original sponsors and kit manufacturers expect from the sales? Sorry but for the small (ish) number that would sell imo the margins would make it a unworthwhile.

3 hours ago, Sir Geoff said:

Numbers sold by Spurs against the numbers we would sell would always make it a non starter. We are not likely to sell thousands more like 100's. So where do you start size wise how many to order in each size ? How much will the original sponsors and kit manufacturers expect from the sales? Sorry but for the small (ish) number that would sell imo the margins would make it a unworthwhile.

We used to stock ScoreDraw retro shirts in the club shop, I've got one of the Hirerite shirts from the late 80s that was in the range. 

01_MH07SS22-00002.jpg
this shows the club are really missing a trick. How many people would buy something like this for non football days? When the badge was changed I thought the club was going down this route. A simple badge that can look good in a single colour and doesn’t have Latin and coats of arms that no one wants to see on normal bit of clothing. Instead we get designs like you would find on the discount rail in Debenhams (10 years ago!), hashtags, huge robins like a bill board, or huge bannered words like city’ or Ashton gate! Thousands of people wear polo shirts and hoodies with a simple small logo on the breast, be it a sports brand or a fashion brand. Why not the robin? I would

4 minutes ago, Citychuds said:

01_MH07SS22-00002.jpg
this shows the club are really missing a trick. How many people would buy something like this for non football days? When the badge was changed I thought the club was going down this route. A simple badge that can look good in a single colour and doesn’t have Latin and coats of arms that no one wants to see on normal bit of clothing. Instead we get designs like you would find on the discount rail in Debenhams (10 years ago!), hashtags, huge robins like a bill board, or huge bannered words like city’ or Ashton gate! Thousands of people wear polo shirts and hoodies with a simple small logo on the breast, be it a sports brand or a fashion brand. Why not the robin? I would

You realise the Black City Hoodie has exactly that - The badge on breast

Its just it’s black too but in rubber ? or similar ?

Im out of touch with current trends but to me I would have thought it will be popular

1 hour ago, Sheltons Army said:

You realise the Black City Hoodie has exactly that - The badge on breast

Its just it’s black too but in rubber ? or similar ?

Im out of touch with current trends but to me I would have thought it will be popular

In fairness this new hoodie is a huge improvement in the ‘garish and bold vs subtle and wearable’. I guess what I was (badly) trying to say is when the club changed the badge I thought they had got the message and maybe they have a bit with a couple of the hoodies and tees but far too often we see this5DFC85D6-F7C0-4A94-9F49-A09653343542.thumb.jpeg.2000b273b356679328efcff2e734fa61.jpeg

5523C106-B835-401B-B463-95F0B298C40E.thumb.jpeg.f61f8c4fb0ee36025e47219309edc66f.jpeg