IGNORED

Food in the Family Stand

Harry

My daughter doesn’t usually want anything at half time but yesterday decided she wanted to see what was available in the family stand concourse. 
We queued up, could see the electronic  menu above the concession stand, and she said she’d like the Munchies Snack Pack or the Haribo Snack Pack. 
No problem. We queue up. 10 minutes later we get the front. 
“Munchies Snack Pack please”. 
The reply “Sorry, we’ve got no food left”. 
“Oh. What nothing? Will they have some in the other 2 concessions up here?”  
“Dunno, you’ll ask to ask them”. 

So, we visited the other 2 concessions. “Sorry, we haven’t got any food left”. 

Great. What a waste of 15 minutes and then missing the first 5 mins of the 2nd half because we had to go all the way back downstairs, grab a milkyway bar and then go all the way back upstairs again (tried the lift for speed but it was broke!!). 

What a lovely experience for my 8 year old having asked for the first time ever to grab some snacks at half-time. 

How could they run out of food? I assume they thought it was the last game of the season and just wanted to get rid of existing stock so didn’t bother re-stocking this week. 

What a waste of time. And why have these fancy electronic menu screens if you can’t update them to say “Haribo Snack Pack - Sold Out”. 

Edit - yeah I know. We won 5-0, so I have to have something to moan about ?

Edited by Harry
  • Robin 1

12 minutes ago, Harry said:

My daughter doesn’t usually want anything at half time but yesterday decided she wanted to see what was available in the family stand concourse. 
We queued up, could see the electronic  menu above the concession stand, and she said she’d like the Munchies Snack Pack or the Haribo Snack Pack. 

Great. What a waste of 15 minutes and then missing the first 5 mins of the 2nd half because we had to go all the way back downstairs, grab a milkyway bar and then go all the way back upstairs again (tried the lift for speed but it was broke!!). 

What a lovely experience for my 8 year old having asked for the first time ever to grab some snacks at half-time. 

How could they run out of food? I assume they thought it was the last game of the season and just wanted to get rid of existing stock so didn’t bother re-stocking this week. 

What a waste of time. And why have these fancy electronic menu screens if you can’t update them to say “Haribo Snack Pack - Sold Out”. 

Harry, have you shared this with our SLO? 

15 minutes ago, Harry said:

I went down when we scored the 4th to grab a soft drink and it was all shut? And here was me thinking we needed revenue 

2 hours ago, Rob k said:

I went down when we scored the 4th to grab a soft drink and it was all shut? And here was me thinking we needed revenue 

Yep. It’s amazing how they close the shutters immediately on the 2nd half starting. Be nice if an option was open all game! 
One of the lads we sit with had to go home at halftime because his daughter was hungry and complaining so he had to take her home! 

2 hours ago, Jerseybean said:

Harry, have you shared this with our SLO? 

@JerrySLO

?

• Like 1

Surely by now there has been some analysis done on how much food and drink is sold on a match day, including how often they sell out, and therefore they can adequately stock all of the outlets based on the expected crowd?  

I’d also have communication channels with the outlets open at all times (I assume there is somebody in charge of the outlets?) so they can talk to each other and if stocks are running low in one, they can share stock with each other to keep sales going.  

It’s not rocket science but it’s always seems to be the same.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Harry said:

When I saw the title of this thread, I assumed that the time you'd spent at FGR had damaged your taste buds and you had become one of them Plant Nonces.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I had the same experience yesterday as queued to get food for my grand-daughter but all sold out. It seems this area of the ground is anything but family friendly. And why do the the shutters close at the start of the 2nd half?! I assume that due to the extortionate prices the club has made it's profit margins so no need to stay open?

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Bristol Rob said:

When I saw the title of this thread, I assumed that the time you'd spent at FGR had damaged your taste buds and you had become one of them Plant Nonces.

What a strange thing and needlessly offensive thing to say

Lots of people at yesterday’s game who may have not been previously, could tell from those unable to find their seat from the print at home ticket they were grasping, and of course arrived right on kick off, or a bit later.

Hope the result means they’ll come again.

24 minutes ago, Fjmcity said:

What a strange thing and needlessly offensive thing to say

Not at all. Rob is a great* friend of mine and he’s having a bit of banter. 

*when I say great, he’s getting ‘greater’ and ‘greater’ by the year and could probably do with some plant-based options himself ????

• Like 1
  • Haha 5

33 minutes ago, Harry said:

*when I say great, he’s getting ‘greater’ and ‘greater’ by the year and could probably do with some plant-based options himself ????

Ain't that the truth! That said, I did a vegan banquet on Friday. It was double lovely. The mushroom and aubergine ceylon was hot enough to disguise the taste of the veg. So it was perfect!

• Haha 1

13 minutes ago, italian dave said:

Just a thought….but, last home game, use by dates, maybe just not wanting to have stock to store or go out of date over the summer? 

You should have taken her for a goat curry though @Harry - bloody lovely, and would have filled her up past half time!! 

That’s the likely scenario. End of stock, end of season, don’t refill. 
But it’s kids sweets. Not exactly perishable goods that need to be used within the next 5 days! 

1 minute ago, Harry said:

But it’s kids sweets. Not exactly perishable goods that need to be used within the next 5 days! 

My knowledge of the shelf life of munchies and haribo is limited Harry! 3 months to the next home game. But it’s probably as much about not having to keep them anywhere! 

5 hours ago, Harry said:

So a good day then H

2 hours ago, Harry said:

Sweets never go past their “best before” date in my house!

A. Schoolboy error not to take snacks with you mind, save stress and money  

B. They’ve moved the bloody family stand for the Bears to the same area as the City for next season (having previously been Dolman Block G, in old money) which massively sucks 

C. If the organisation of the kiosks up there is that bad after 3 years or whatever it is, what bloody hope is there?! 

7 hours ago, Harry said:

He best be careful he doesn’t become a sex offender then as your comment on vegetarians suggested

• Haha 1

48 minutes ago, dave36 said:

Before kick off the only food in the Lansdown concourse was steak n ale pie or cheese n onion pasty - take it or leave it!  No planning or saving costs? How many games is it reheated, judging by the burnt crust it could be a few!

Agree the randomness of it. We went to the ground, unusually, as a family to treat ourselves to the Curry Goat on the Easter Monday* game: spoiler, it was closed. Ffs. So we had Pulled Pork (yawn, thought that was no longer a thing) baps from the Jolly Hog concession and they were bloody lovely. Arguably something to have only now and again but genuinely really nice. Very much recommended. 

*as approved by Jesus, or any other part of the conveniently made up apparatus of control of the brain dead 

9 hours ago, CyderInACan said:

Agree the randomness of it. We went to the ground, unusually, as a family to treat ourselves to the Curry Goat on the Easter Monday* game: spoiler, it was closed. Ffs. So we had Pulled Pork (yawn, thought that was no longer a thing) baps from the Jolly Hog concession and they were bloody lovely. Arguably something to have only now and again but genuinely really nice. Very much recommended. 

*as approved by Jesus, or any other part of the conveniently made up apparatus of control of the brain dead 

My kids always insist on getting something from the Jolly Hog, it’s really good stuff. 

Although yeah, pulled pork should oink off back to 2010, it’s had it’s day! 

• Like 1

Working in London with numerous Gooners I get invited to the Emirates a lot. After the game the bars and food out outlets remain open. A lot of people stay for a couple of pints, watch footy on the concourse screens and dodge the queues at the tube. Whenever I leave Wembley, with everything locked up, I think why, when 45 mins in the bar would be preferable to 30 mins waiting to get into Wembley Park. Staggering departure is best for everyone. Keeping stuff open at the Gate would always generate more income than costs, so why does the club not do it? Is it the police requiring fans to leave promptly.

18 hours ago, italian dave said:

My knowledge of the shelf life of munchies and haribo is limited Harry! 3 months to the next home game. But it’s probably as much about not having to keep them anywhere! 

Lesson of the day buy them in B& M before you go in

12 hours ago, dave36 said:

Before kick off the only food in the Lansdown concourse was steak n ale pie or cheese n onion pasty - take it or leave it!  No planning or saving costs? How many games is it reheated, judging by the burnt crust it could be a few!

Outside the lansdown concourse is the best burgers you’ll ever have ALL GAME along with chips / hotdogs and next to this outlet is fish and chips also ALL GAME 

10 hours ago, Magger1 said:

Outside the lansdown concourse is the best burgers you’ll ever have ALL GAME along with chips / hotdogs and next to this outlet is fish and chips also ALL GAME 

Agree, I had family arriving late due to them being Robins volunteers - very specific requests, which I could not fulfil! Hence the Ire!

22 hours ago, CyderInACan said:

We also looked forward to our curry and red stripe on Easter Monday. Disappointed they were closed. Spoke to them yesterday and it was because the van broke down, fully loaded with food, but couldn’t get there.

Nans curry and a double sized red stripe yesterday made up for it.

• Like 1