IGNORED

FOREVER BRISTOL CITY PODCAST - City flying high in end of season demolition of Hull!

Curr Avon

49 minutes ago, NcnsBcfc said:

I don't get the Moore link. Yes, he would be on a list of potential CBs out of contract; but surely the first choice would be to sign up Klose/Cundy & Idehen.; and then see where we are with Kalas, Moore and Vyner? From my perspective Moore is far too similar to the aforementioned players, and would possibly be looked at as a plan b or even a plan c option.

Why would NP need to scout Moore as well? He's seen him at two clubs already. He knows what Moore is about.

As for Sykes, interesting player on the way up in his career. On paper would be an intesting addition. But where does that leave Scott, if we're looking to possibly move him back into the CM slot next season?

Unless of course Scott is off??? All fun this, isn't it? ?

These decisions will have been made weeks ago (to which Nige has alluded during at least a couple of press conferences). The players already know if they will be given contracts or asked to find another club (Vyner / T. Moore). Probably explains why Nige is window shopping in 'Oxford' St rather than Knightsbridge.

53 minutes ago, ExiledAjax said:

So, although closely related, it is possible for Pula Sport to sell Bristol City without selling the sport quarter development. It might not be desirable, as it makes sense to keep control of neighbouring land whilst you develop something, but it's possible. 

I know in the original plan the new build was linked with the Gate. There was talk of toilets in the new build to enable the fan park to work properly and the new , bigger shop to be incorporated within the new build.
Of course , this far out and ground not even broken that can change, but there were even walk ways into the Lansdown stands in the plans. 
A mate of mine was involved from the early days, this was to be Steve's legacy, I could understand if he'd had 2nd thoughts after spending so much with little to show on the pitch. I still think he will want to finish the project, I'm hoping with signs of direction, focus and maybe even troubling the top 6 in the near future, restarts his passion. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ExiledAjax said:

Fyi @NcnsBcfc I think it was you that said that the Lansdowns won't sell until the sporting quarter is done.

I think that may be true, but wanted to note to you that the land on which that is being built is, I believe, owned by the company on the far right of my tree - Esteban Investments. That's the company that iirc is named on the planning applications for the work.

So, although closely related, it is possible for Pula Sport to sell Bristol City without selling the sport quarter development. It might not be desirable, as it makes sense to keep control of neighbouring land whilst you develop something, but it's possible. 

It was me, yes.

Although the Lansdowns have been looking for "investment" for a number of years. I don't believe they've been actively trying to sell the club.

The Sports quarter appears to be some sort of long term legacy; and after/if it is built; it's not unreasonable to think that may be the time when the family might want to move on.

The football club is obviously key to the whole development, and I just can't see a sale of the club would not jeopardise in some way the viability of the whole project.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, NcnsBcfc said:

I don't get the Moore link. Yes, he would be on a list of potential CBs out of contract; but surely the first choice would be to sign up Klose/Cundy & Idehen.; and then see where we are with Kalas, Moore and Vyner? From my perspective Moore is far too similar to the aforementioned players, and would possibly be looked at as a plan b or even a plan c option.

Why would NP need to scout Moore as well? He's seen him at two clubs already. He knows what Moore is about.

As for Sykes, interesting player on the way up in his career. On paper would be an intesting addition. But where does that leave Scott, if we're looking to possibly move him back into the CM slot next season?

Unless of course Scott is off??? All fun this, isn't it? ?

Sykes seems to effectively be O’Dowda’s replacement to me, able to play wide, give us potentially a goal scorer in a wide area.

Think there are loads of moving pieces re the centre backs, Baker, Kalas, Vyner & Taylor Moore, not to say the contract offers to Klose & Cundy.

We’ll have the beginning of an understanding of this in a few weeks.

• Like 1

Ian makes some great points (and bad ones) but too often attempts to take over the podcast.... Dave Potts does his very best to keep him in check and needs too for the audience and other podcasters who contribute... 

I wouldnt change the format though.... It's usually a very good listen. 

Tomo 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, 1960maaan said:

I know in the original plan the new build was linked with the Gate. There was talk of toilets in the new build to enable the fan park to work properly and the new , bigger shop to be incorporated within the new build.
Of course , this far out and ground not even broken that can change, but there were even walk ways into the Lansdown stands in the plans. 
A mate of mine was involved from the early days, this was to be Steve's legacy, I could understand if he'd had 2nd thoughts after spending so much with little to show on the pitch. I still think he will want to finish the project, I'm hoping with signs of direction, focus and maybe even troubling the top 6 in the near future, restarts his passion. 

7 hours ago, NcnsBcfc said:

It was me, yes.

Although the Lansdowns have been looking for "investment" for a number of years. I don't believe they've been actively trying to sell the club.

The Sports quarter appears to be some sort of long term legacy; and after/if it is built; it's not unreasonable to think that may be the time when the family might want to move on.

The football club is obviously key to the whole development, and I just can't see a sale of the club would not jeopardise in some way the viability of the whole project.

I think that what you both say makes an awful lot of sense. It's also totally possible that Esteban Investments could be sold to Ashton Gate Ltd, or sold to the same buyer.

Really good episode but the audio issues still persist. Ian sounded a lot quieter (in volume!) than everyone else, plenty of background noise (phones buzzing etc.) amongst other things. 

The content and input has improved a lot lately but it’d be good to get the audio sorted.

On 02/05/2022 at 19:25, NcnsBcfc said:

I am Neil.

I enjoy doing the podcasts, but will only do them really after watching City live, as i don't think highlights or tv coverage can do justice to the amount of things that happen off screen. 

Unfortunately due to the reactive nature of my work, and working 1 week in 4, I can't always commit to them in advance.

I'm sure @headhunter & @Curr Avon (who are both great) would love other people to come on to the podcasts; and we all do respect each other's  point of views.

Ian has some really good things to say, there are some things I disagree with, but that's all about opinions.

I like the fact that people also post some really good points on the live chat as well during the recordings.

Fascinating summer ahead, with I reckon massive twists and turns in the transfer market; squad developments right up to the 30th July start.

You're too kind Neil! Ian does have a lot to say and you've been an excellent, refreshing counterpoint to his arguments. Long may it continue. I'll have to up my game next season. ?

By the way, I'm surprised that no one has responded to your comment about the return of Marlon Pack. 

Edited by Curr Avon

19 minutes ago, Curr Avon said:

You're too kind Neil! Ian does have a lot to say and you've been an excellent, refreshing counterpoint to his arguments. Long may it continue. I'll have to up my game next season. ?

By the way, I'm surprised that no one has responded to your comment about the return of Marlon Pack. 

I heard about it on Saturday during the game.

He still lives in Portishead, and his lad is at the North Somerset Academy that train at the Hand Stadium by me in Clevedon.

He's indicated he wants to stay local for a multitude of reasons; and has apparently massively reduced his wage demands to allow this to happen.

No guarantee's of course, and players can change their minds/get better offers (just like some players last summer). But as a back up, on a lower wage and for potentially only 1 season; I think it's a low risk signing.

Likewise, with King. Giving him a contract for on the pitch alone is probably not worthwhile. But by all accounts, it's a part playing/part coaching contract; low cost, and hopefully of benefit to the club as a whole.

Not particularly Gucci signings, but those would only come I think on the basis of some serious sales, or sell ons from our Prem/future Prem ex players.

• Like 3

41 minutes ago, NcnsBcfc said:

Not particularly Gucci signings, but those would only come I think on the basis of some serious sales, or sell ons from our Prem/future Prem ex players.

In any event Nigel said in a recent interview that he doesn't do so called marquee signings. So we are not going to get any Ashton style "look at me, I've signed a player we don't need from Chelsea" signings.

A refreshing change though it will upset those fans who tend to demand "big names".

• Like 2

58 minutes ago, chinapig said:

In any event Nigel said in a recent interview that he doesn't do so called marquee signings. So we are not going to get any Ashton style "look at me, I've signed a player we don't need from Chelsea" signings.

A refreshing change though it will upset those fans who tend to demand "big names".

Very true, and I bet Leicester fans were quizzical about that fella he signed from Fleetwood. And the guy from Le Havre. 

Edited by Curr Avon