IGNORED

football follower banned for life

Can't help but think they're cutting their nose off to spite their face with this. I get trying to stamp out people going on the pitch, however, it happens at the end of the season, rightly or wrongly. There's not usually any malice and it's usually been a tradition to do at your last home game of the season.

Getting your child involved, we've seen this creep in this season, with kids trying to run on the pitch, encouraged by their parent to get a players shirt, which I find really cringe, along with holding up signs etc, but it's still harmless. Doesn't deserve a lifetime ban IMO. Far worse offences go on at games.

13 minutes ago, Akira said:

Can't help but think they're cutting their nose off to spite their face with this. I get trying to stamp out people going on the pitch, however, it happens at the end of the season, rightly or wrongly. There's not usually any malice and it's usually been a tradition to do at your last home game of the season.

Getting your child involved, we've seen this creep in this season, with kids trying to run on the pitch, encouraged by their parent to get a players shirt, which I find really cringe, along with holding up signs etc, but it's still harmless. Doesn't deserve a lifetime ban IMO. Far worse offences go on at games.

It says in the article that it happened during the game

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, AshtonGreat said:

It says in the article that it happened during the game

It does, but doesn't say when, not that it makes the difference, the club would be taking the stance of 'It's a criminal offence' regardless I feel. Either way, stupid thing to do.

• Like 2

He encouraged his son to go on while the game was still being played, may have been a stoppage I don't know, but even so.
He filmed it , so was planned.
He verbally abused staff and stewards and threatened them.

Now begging banners for shirts is bad enough, running on the Pitch, which is a ban anywhere, is worse. 
They could have banned his son , but his Dad is obviously at fault. The bloke doubled down with threats and abuse, ban seems fair.
No doubt after a while he will appeal, apologise and be let back in. But TBF, anything that stops this shirt begging seems a good idea :whistle2:

• Like 7

9 hours ago, Son of Fred said:

Sad indeed - but the genie's out of the bottle..

And seems to be a mindset not restricted to the "Me Me" generation.

The modern world eh ☺️

I wonder where the genie will pop up next? Imagine being at the theatre and someone rushes the stage to secure a prop or two!?