IGNORED

Forest Green Rovers use electric team bus to visit Bristol

54 minutes ago, Bristol Rob said:

And discovery a mine full of the essential precious metals required to build them.  

They reckon there is enough lithium in Cornwall for the whole country’s needs. Now if only there was an established industry with the necessary skills to get it out of the ground….

• Like 2
  • Hmmm 1

2 hours ago, Bristol Rob said:

So importing a bus from China is the greenest way to get to Bristol.....

I think that when the rest of us stop buying container loads of goods from China every year we can maybe start criticising FGR for this. In principle, I agree with the sentiment Rob; I try very hard to avoid buying stuff made in China but it’s pretty near impossible even when you try, and I suspect most people don’t give two hoots. 

And, incidentally, doesn’t just about every Tesla come from China?

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, Akira said:

Don't quite get the constant bashing on here over FGR. They're trying to do the right thing, which affects every single person alive today, and future generations. Other clubs with disgustingly large budgets should be ashamed that they'd rather spend £100m on players but not try to be the leading force for green football, but instead it's a low league club that's leading the way by some distance. Sure, it isn't going to solve global warming, but as a collective effort, it'll absolutely help, and other clubs from overseas might try and follow suit. Gotta start somewhere!

Fair play to FGR once again.

Nail on the head. It’s easy to mock and quite possibly hides other’s guilt at not doing enough.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, italian dave said:

I think that when the rest of us stop buying container loads of goods from China every year we can maybe start criticising FGR for this. In principle, I agree with the sentiment Rob; I try very hard to avoid buying stuff made in China but it’s pretty near impossible even when you try, and I suspect most people don’t give two hoots. 

And, incidentally, doesn’t just about every Tesla come from China?

Your right about buying from china but we certainly don’t make it easy for ourselves to make it cheaper here . Another example going slightly off context is it’s cheaper for the company I work for to send our waste to china than it is to send it 5 miles down the road to a local company .

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

42 minutes ago, Wiltshire robin said:

Your right about buying from china but we certainly don’t make it easy for ourselves to make it cheaper here . Another example going slightly off context is it’s cheaper for the company I work for to send our waste to china than it is to send it 5 miles down the road to a local company .

Absolutely mind blowing and totally wrong really isn't it! ?

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Akira said:

Don't quite get the constant bashing on here over FGR. They're trying to do the right thing, which affects every single person alive today, and future generations. Other clubs with disgustingly large budgets should be ashamed that they'd rather spend £100m on players but not try to be the leading force for green football, but instead it's a low league club that's leading the way by some distance. Sure, it isn't going to solve global warming, but as a collective effort, it'll absolutely help, and other clubs from overseas might try and follow suit. Gotta start somewhere!

Fair play to FGR once again.

Agreed, FGR are putting many clubs to shame. The owner is leading this and he has got to be given credit. Gr8 to see a ‘village’ football club doing well. 

Edited by Tin Soldier
  • Like 1