IGNORED

Next Seasons CB’s

redpole

1 hour ago, Robbored said:

Far point but if the opposite happened and he impressed the blue few would wonder why he can’t get a start at City.

Because we are in a higher division.

Just think there is little to gained, either from the development of the player, or for us as a club.

If he did well, all that would succeed in doing would be to help them improve their league position, and their 'we're coming for you' bit would start all over again.

51 minutes ago, JoeAman08 said:

Atkinson and Cundy could end up being the starting pairing the majority of the season if Klose doesn’t get fresh terms and Kalas moves on.

I think it's unlikely Nigel will go with 2 inexperienced centre backs. Indeed  he has said in the past that he wants experienced Championship defenders.

Though if Klose and Kalas stay and given the form of Atkinson and Cundy he may focus on an experienced right back and not sign a centre back at all.

1 hour ago, Robbored said:

If it happened then we’d be lending them a player not quite ready for Championship football and they’d be giving him much needed game time.

A win win situation.

You forget that the owner of the 6th richest club in the country (© deluded Gasheads) refuses to do business with us because we didn't pay the £10m Matty Taylor was obviously worth.?

32 minutes ago, Bristol Rob said:

Because we are in a higher division.

Just think there is little to gained, either from the development of the player, or for us as a club.

If he did well, all that would succeed in doing would be to help them improve their league position, and their 'we're coming for you' bit would start all over again.

Of course and if Towler was on loan there and impressed it would remind them that City are biggest and better club in Bristol 

7 minutes ago, chinapig said:

I think it's unlikely Nigel will go with 2 inexperienced centre backs. Indeed  he has said in the past that he wants experienced Championship defenders.

Though if Klose and Kalas stay and given the form of Atkinson and Cundy he may focus on an experienced right back and not sign a centre back at all.

Yep. We'll only sign a CB if one of those 4 leave I'm sure.

Moore and Baker to leave definitely. Vyner probably leaves if a proper RB is signed.

1 hour ago, chinapig said:

I agree but not sure he is in love with Kalas. Then with Klose it took until January to find the right target at the right price that was available. If Klose goes, can we get a similar player early in the process that we really want. Just some food for thought. I don’t think ideally that would be the pairing we start with but I don’t think it would be a disaster. Especially if we recruit well in positions like RB and DM. 

19 hours ago, redpole said:

So with City planning next seasons defensive who can you see staying and going from the latest crop?

Zak Vyner, Thomas Kalas, Nathan Baker, Timm Klose, Rob Atkinson, Duncan Idehen, Rob Cundy, Ryley Towler and Taylor Moore. 

I can see 5 of the 9 going with another 23/24 year old league one defender coming in. 

I would keep Klose, Atkinson, Idehen, Towler and new CB.

Why not Cundy?

28 minutes ago, Clutton Caveman said:

Why not Cundy?

Pearson has said he wants experienced defenders and I see that being Klose, Atkinson and new CB with Idehen and Towler as the younger ones pushing these 3 guys. I don’t see the need for a 3rd inexperienced defender on the books. Pearson has said he wants to reduce the wage bill and work with a smaller squad and  I see 5 CB enough especially if Pearson wants to play 2 CB’s.  

39 minutes ago, redpole said:

Pearson has said he wants experienced defenders and I see that being Klose, Atkinson and new CB with Idehen and Towler as the younger ones pushing these 3 guys. I don’t see the need for a 3rd inexperienced defender on the books. Pearson has said he wants to reduce the wage bill and work with a smaller squad and  I see 5 CB enough especially if Pearson wants to play 2 CB’s.  

So Cundy has had a run of games coinciding with improved results and with praise from Nigel but he doesn't want to keep him? Seems unlikely.