IGNORED

Live music at the Trinity centre, Lady Blackbird

1960maaan

Went to the Trinity Centre last night to see Lady Blackbird.

Firstly, thought it was a great little venue. I'd forgotten it held Gigs there, last time I went was to see the Buzzcocks in the 80's I think.
I wonder if there might be more Gigs here since the SWX burnt, capacity is a fair bit smaller but feels a similar set up. Good range of beer too.

Lady Blackbird had an amazing voice, the album is brilliant and Live she is superb. I love acts that genuinely seem to enjoy being there, she really seemed to enjoy the night and the crowd. Have to mention her version of feed your head, as good as anything I heard. If you get a chance to see her just do it.
For Jazz fans a little note. It was a brilliantly talented band, producer of the Album (Chris Seefried) on lead guitar and included former Miles Davis pianist Deron Johnson, they could play.

Quick mention for the support. I'm obviously not their demographic, this is their description taken from the Gig blurb. Neo-soul/ hip hop and some French lyricism in collaboration with different producers. The singers voice was brilliant , but I'm not sure if they didn't set up right , or the sound check didn't happen. But it seemed like the drummer wanted to be in Jazz Metallica , it was like one long solo. The keyboard player went from quiet backing to blasting lead , the Bass player seems happy in his own little World. I wouldn't mind seeing them again to see them more balanced though.

• Like 2

Saw the Cramps at the Trinity Hall - possibly my favourite gig ever

as an aside parking in around the Exchange - anyone know a safe place to park (I don't know as I rarely drive into Bristol if I can avoid it but a mate is heading up from Cornwall to see Follakzoid with me and will be driving (well worth seeing if you don't know them)

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Markman said:

Saw the Cramps at the Trinity Hall - possibly my favourite gig ever

as an aside parking in around the Exchange - anyone know a safe place to park (I don't know as I rarely drive into Bristol if I can avoid it but a mate is heading up from Cornwall to see Follakzoid with me and will be driving (well worth seeing if you don't know them)

Around the back of the Exchange is Gardner Haskins, should be OK to park around there. Old Market is fine , we parked just off last night. It's finding the space that is hard. Not sure how busy the Car Park is, looks like about £7 for 4 hours.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

Saw Crass at the Trinty Centre twice first walking through Old Market was so violent and the gig itself taught me a lesson where as a kid you think you can handle yourself and you a tough lad and then you realise your still a little boy. Second 83 ? Annie Anxiety was on stage before Crass and went into thirty minutes of screaming like she was giving birth to alien.

The only time I can remember going to the Trinity was to see Tindersticks. I loved the band at the time, but that gig put an end to my love affair. I still like some of their stuff but other tracks come on and I remember just how surprisingly soulless the band and Stuart Staples were that night. 

The only reaction to the crowd from Stuart was when someone shouted out "give us a smile", at which the corners of his mouth twitched slightly upwards.

Travellin' Light still remains one of my favourite all time tracks though.