IGNORED

From the Post - Britton to be released.

Bristol Rob

• The title was changed to From the Post - Britton to be released.
26 minutes ago, And Its Smith said:

Some on twitter saying we’ve missed a trick here. They must think Pearson is really thick to be releasing someone who should be in our squad. Let’s see where he ends up. 

6 minutes ago, Silvio Dante said:

I’ve never understood why people have used Britton as a stick to beat NP with. The fact is, Pearson has given first team chances this season to Scott, Benarous, Towler, Conway, Bell, Idehen who are all younger or a similar age, so he’s not scared to throw youth in. He’s seen Louis day in, day out, and has concluded he’s not good enough - also not pulled up trees at conference level.

He can clearly score goals, but the conclusion of the management seems to be he’s not scoring them at this level, and as NP sees him day in, day out, I’m happy to back his judgement here.

His family are quite well known in local non-league circles I think? I'd suspect a fair bit of it stems from that.

Edited by Northern Red

After playing against Brentford and scoring last game of last season I suspect that Nige was hoping the kid would arrive fired up and raring to go this season. You can only assume that day in and day out the likes of Conway, Bell, Benarous and Scott showed a lot more. If the kid was up to speed and doing it in training against more senior pro’s and indicating he could score goals at Championship level there is no way he would have been ignored. Nige’s team selections prove that.

• Like 1

He’s not going to be ‘ released ‘ though is he ?

His contract is up so he will be free to decide his own next move.

I hope he does well. The club cannot afford to stockpile in the hope that certain players come good . They are good enough now or outstanding at a lower level on loan or in the U23’s and ready to get time on the subs bench for the first team. 

• Like 4

4 minutes ago, Major Isewater said:

I hope he does well. The club cannot afford to stockpile in the hope that certain players come good . They are good enough now or outstanding at a lower level on loan or in the U23’s and ready to get time on the subs bench for the first team. 

Yes he will be released at the end of his contract

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Major Isewater said:

It’s that simple. Clubs in the bag are a thing of the past and rightly so. Pearson knows that for a club like us to prosper we need a trim squad supplemented by youngsters who have shown they are capable of playing and doing a job when required.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Silvio Dante said:

Yeah I think his dad tormented @Davefevs during Daves playing days. Told Dave he’d best learn to “excel” at something.

Thankfully I was his teammate more often than opponent.  The pointiest elbows I ever saw / faced.

Shame it hasn’t worked out for Louis.

FWIW although I hoped he’s make the breakthrough here it appears that goals alone he hasn’t got the rest of the game to get a go here at City.  He is not a Chris Martin type player at all, so fans thinking we’ve missed a trick as back up are misguided imho.

I hope he does go on to have a good career at whatever level, even if that’s not full-time pro.  He can score goals.

He will leave City with a goal every 21 minutes…pretty sure that is the best strike rate ever! ?

• Like 7

15 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

Thankfully I was his teammate more often than opponent.  The pointiest elbows I ever saw / faced.

Shame it hasn’t worked out for Louis.

FWIW although I hoped he’s make the breakthrough here it appears that goals alone he hasn’t got the rest of the game to get a go here at City.  He is not a Chris Martin type player at all, so fans thinking we’ve missed a trick as back up are misguided imho.

I hope he does go on to have a good career at whatever level, even if that’s not full-time pro.  He can score goals.

He will leave City with a goal every 21 minutes…pretty sure that is the best strike rate ever! ?

I think some don’t realise that it’s a bloody hard gig scoring goals at Championship level. If he “only” turns out to be a lower league player there’s no disgrace in that. However he is still a way off proving he’ll be that level as it stands right now.

• Like 4

Undoubtedly has an eye for goal - that talent is obvious.

But nowhere near athletic or physically dynamic enough for modern pro football. 

He was worth a look and its good to know we've eyes on the local talent as, down the years, there's been too many local players we've completely missed (Ashley Barnes at Paulton; Darren Peacock from Hartcliffe ffs) 

Good luck to the lad but this is the right decision. 

• Like 2
  • Flames 1

2 minutes ago, Merrick's Marvels said:

Undoubtedly has an eye for goal - that talent is obvious.

But nowhere near athletic or physically dynamic enough for modern pro football. 

He was worth a look and its good to know we've eyes on the local talent as, down the years, there's been too many local players we've completely missed (Ashley Barnes at Paulton; Darren Peacock from Hartcliffe ffs) 

Good luck to the lad but this is the right decision. 

Tyrone Mings is another one…..

• Like 1

Not worth a new thread, maybe a title amendment, Korea Smith is being released by Swansea.

https://www.walesonline.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/russell-martin-confirms-swansea-city-23856369

Not suggesting we try and get him back, age and injury record makes it a non-starter, but it's am opportunity to remember his goal against Man Utd!

• Haha 1

Just now, Major Isewater said:

At the end of his contract he won’t be ours to release. If we let him go now then we would be releasing him from his contract. 

I think you’re being a touch pedantic - in football parlance, anyone who doesn’t have their contract renewed is classed as released.

However, in Louis case it is true. Due to his age we could offer him a new deal and if he declines we can get compensation. By not offering a new contract we’re releasing him from any new club having to pay compensation.

• Like 4

10 minutes ago, Bristol Rob said:

Not worth a new thread, maybe a title amendment, Korea Smith is being released by Swansea.

https://www.walesonline.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/russell-martin-confirms-swansea-city-23856369

Not suggesting we try and get him back, age and injury record makes it a non-starter, but it's am opportunity to remember his goal against Man Utd!

North or South Korea?

• Haha 2

3 minutes ago, Silvio Dante said:

I think you’re being a touch pedantic - in football parlance, anyone who doesn’t have their contract renewed is classed as released.

However, in Louis case it is true. Due to his age we could offer him a new deal and if he declines we can get compensation. By not offering a new contract we’re releasing him from any new club having to pay compensation.

I certainly am being pedantic and ‘quite frankly my dear, I don’t give a damn’ 

Not me but Clark Gable. 

46 minutes ago, Major Isewater said:

I certainly am being pedantic and ‘quite frankly my dear, I don’t give a damn’ 

Not me but Clark Gable. 

Being pedantic, not Clark Gable but Sidney Howard (who wrote the screenplay)!

• Haha 3

Well at least I won't have to suffer the embarrassment of cheering a City goal again as I did when he scored against Brentford, although TBF you were already 3 down so I didn't feel too bad about it.

I'm surprised he didn't get more of a look in at first team level, like his dad, he knows where the net is. I hope he gets a chance elsewhere.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Miah Dennehy said:

Well at least I won't have to suffer the embarrassment of cheering a City goal again as I did when he scored against Brentford, although TBF you were already 3 down so I didn't feel too bad about it.

I'm surprised he didn't get more of a look in at first team level, like his dad, he knows where the net is. I hope he gets a chance elsewhere.

Could end up with you twonks