IGNORED

From the Post - Britton to be released.

Bristol Rob

5 hours ago, Silvio Dante said:

I’ve never understood why people have used Britton as a stick to beat NP with. The fact is, Pearson has given first team chances this season to Scott, Benarous, Towler, Conway, Bell, Idehen who are all younger or a similar age, so he’s not scared to throw youth in. He’s seen Louis day in, day out, and has concluded he’s not good enough - also not pulled up trees at conference level.

He can clearly score goals, but the conclusion of the management seems to be he’s not scoring them at this level, and as NP sees him day in, day out, I’m happy to back his judgement here.

Gas interested aswell .

6 hours ago, Silvio Dante said:

I’ve never understood why people have used Britton as a stick to beat NP with. The fact is, Pearson has given first team chances this season to Scott, Benarous, Towler, Conway, Bell, Idehen who are all younger or a similar age, so he’s not scared to throw youth in. He’s seen Louis day in, day out, and has concluded he’s not good enough - also not pulled up trees at conference level.

He can clearly score goals, but the conclusion of the management seems to be he’s not scoring them at this level, and as NP sees him day in, day out, I’m happy to back his judgement here.

This. Wish him all the very best but my word did our fans have a strange obsession with him. Had people calling for him to start over Chris Martin but the only thing he has going for him is a good U23 record which Bell and Conway have had and they’re 3 years younger. Also have Palmer-Houlden and Henry coming through who are supposed to be good aswell

• Like 2

The trouble is that when clubs like Sheffield United came in for him, The club wanted to add ridiculous sell on clauses, of which Sheffield United walked away. Then the kid wasn't given a real chance here, it really don't sit well with me. 

He's a real nice kid and I hope he progresses to a high standard elsewhere.

• Like 2

Obviously the powers that be at the football club know better than little old me but i was personally of the opinion that Britton looked a real talent. 
Okay physically he may have had work to do but the pure goalscoring talent the boy had was clearly special.
Hopefully it isn’t one we live to regret..

• Like 3

1 hour ago, big p said:

The trouble is that when clubs like Sheffield United came in for him, The club wanted to add ridiculous sell on clauses, of which Sheffield United walked away. Then the kid wasn't given a real chance here, it really don't sit well with me. 

He's a real nice kid and I hope he progresses to a high standard elsewhere.

I highly doubt Sheffield United ever wanted him and if they did I am sure they will get him now if it’s only one year on from when they were happy to pay a fee. Hopefully I’m wrong and he gets a good move but something doesn’t add up that loads of clubs bigger than us wanted him and he ended up at Waterford and now being released. Will watch his next move with interest. 

36 minutes ago, And Its Smith said:

I highly doubt Sheffield United ever wanted him and if they did I am sure they will get him now if it’s only one year on from when they were happy to pay a fee. Hopefully I’m wrong and he gets a good move but something doesn’t add up that loads of clubs bigger than us wanted him and he ended up at Waterford and now being released. Will watch his next move with interest. 

At the time he was banging in loads of goals for the under 23's, there was also other big clubs interested.

The club refused to play him nor let him leave easily. 

Edited by big p

2 minutes ago, big p said:

At the time he was banging in loads of goals for the under 23's, there was also other big clubs interested.

The club refused to play him nor let him leave easily. 

Let’s see where he goes now then. At least one of those clubs will still want him as it was only a year ago 

Edited by And Its Smith

2 minutes ago, And Its Smith said:

Let’s see where he goes now then. At least one of those clubs will still want him as it was only a year ago 

Not sure if they will since his loans haven't really worked out.

It breaks my heart to say it but I recon the Gas will come in for him, but I wish him the best and will be keeping track of his career wherever he plays. 

Nice to see a more reasoned response on here. Social media was awash with ‘we’ll regret this madness’ doom and gloom. Which we might well do! He obviously knows where the net is given his scoring record but if he’s not in NPs plans then the right thing to do is give the lad a chance at a career. It could come back and bite us, or he might fall into the Marvin Brown/Tristan Plummer group where there was a lot of hype but never quite hit the heights expected. Good luck to him (unless he signs for Rovers obviously)

• Hmmm 1

34 minutes ago, Rocky said:

Best news at the bottom of the article, COD being released.

CoD has been a real disappointment. Shame as the guy obviously has the talent to rip up the Championship but he’s not produced the goods. 

In fact I’m struggling to recall any game when he impressed and was MotM.

I think he will end up at Rovers where he bangs in goals. He's the old fashioned centre-forward type.

Goals win games and he knows where the net is.

I think this might well just be one that comes back to bite us. We'll just have to wait and see.......

• Like 2

6 hours ago, bris red said:

Obviously the powers that be at the football club know better than little old me but i was personally of the opinion that Britton looked a real talent. 
Okay physically he may have had work to do but the pure goalscoring talent the boy had was clearly special.

I don't think anyone doubts that he can score goals, but there was a huge question over his fitness, I know he was put on a special fitness program at some point. I wonder whether he could keep up with it?

No real surprise, he’s nowhere near the level of Conway/Bell etc that are in amongst it this season. He can hardly move, those sorts of strikers are great in league 2/maybe league 1 but you can’t do that in the championship these days. 

Edited by petehinton
  • Like 1
  • Hmmm 1

19 minutes ago, !james said:

Who was the last striker we released/sold who everyone said was a mistake? Eisa? McCoulsky? 

Don't know about strikers but there were loads of people who thought Frankie Artus was the next big thing and that GJ was victimising him.

Guess who was right?

21 hours ago, Major Isewater said:

He’s not going to be ‘ released ‘ though is he ?

His contract is up so he will be free to decide his own next move.

I hope he does well. The club cannot afford to stockpile in the hope that certain players come good . They are good enough now or outstanding at a lower level on loan or in the U23’s and ready to get time on the subs bench for the first team. 

The Major is quite right. We have stock piled kids before and they never or hardly made it. 

I have a particularly good feeling about this boy, but he is developing late as many have done before him. However City are not in that position anymore. You are in the team or in the squad at 21/22 or you meed to develop somewhere else. Give it three years and the kid I hope will be tearing up trees, but to quote Fat boy slim, it’s right here right now that matters!

• Hmmm 1

On 05/05/2022 at 07:35, bris red said:

The one thing he didn't need to work on at all was his physicality, he can put himself around.

18 minute cameo against Brentford - put one player on his arse, scored, got booked for a foul.

His fitness was an issue, big issue and his age meant he needed to catch up very quickly and he wasn't able to do that.

NP is on record saying that we can't "store" players for too long (correctly so).

But, FWIW, I don't think he was given enough attention/time, but time will tell. 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, bcfc01 said:

The one thing he didn't need to work on at all was his physicality, he can put himself around.

18 minute cameo against Brentford - put one player on his arse, scored, got booked for a foul.

His fitness was an issue, big issue and his age meant he needed to catch up very quickly and he wasn't able to do that.

NP is on record saying that we can't "store" players for too long (correctly so).

But, FWIW, I don't think he was given enough attention/time, but time will tell. 

I expect he was given plenty of attention and time. He was put on a fitness programme and it would seem could not achieve the levels needed 

• Hmmm 1

11 minutes ago, And Its Smith said:

I expect he was given plenty of attention and time. He was put on a fitness programme and it would seem could not achieve the levels needed 

That’s not actually true…Louis did hit the targets set by Rennie and the medical team (source: his dad)