IGNORED

Three Lions song

Super

Just when you thought the FA couldn't be any more of a joke.

The FA is set to drop the iconic 'Three Lions' anthem as England football team's official World Cup song amid fears it could be seen as arrogant by other countries.

FA chiefs are said to be reviewing other options which would see choruses of Baddiel and Skinner's 'Football's Coming Home' reminiscent of Euro '96 abandoned for a 'less offensive' alternative.

Neil Diamond's beloved 'Sweet Caroline' is currently tipped to replace the classic anthem

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, Super said:

FA chiefs are said to be reviewing other options which would see choruses of Baddiel and Skinner's 'Football's Coming Home' reminiscent of Euro '96 abandoned for a 'less offensive' alternative.

Neil Diamond's beloved 'Sweet Caroline' is currently tipped to replace the classic anthem

Well, that just about sums them up.

Edited by The Gasbuster
  • Like 1

42 minutes ago, Super said:

The FA is set to drop the iconic 'Three Lions' anthem as England football team's official World Cup song amid fears it could be seen as arrogant by other countries.

How TF is that song arrogant? Have they not read the lyrics?!

30…40…50…years of hurt…

• Like 2

The standard of the international football 'chant' seems to have dropped considerably over the last few years.

Sweet Caroline- why?

Please don't take me home -nonsense.

What we need is something slightly more offensive, something with a bit of aggression and something those who are in drink gets the words wrong.

If we have scaffolders prepared to stick a smoke bomb up their hoop before going on to moon the nation, we need a song thar reflects that show on patriotism 

• Like 2
  • Flames 1

5 minutes ago, 2015 said:

It's more the fact other Countries don't quite get that it's irony. We are taking the **** out of ourselves.

Sweet Caroline is a rugby song as well, for me it doesn't suit football matches, cricket, rugby, closing time, anything. It's toilet.

Amended that for you.

• Like 6
  • Haha 2

8 minutes ago, 2015 said:

It's more the fact other Countries don't quite get that it's irony. We are taking the **** out of ourselves.

Sweet Caroline is a rugby song as well, for me it doesn't suit football matches.

It’s a boxing song really. Would be a terrible choice, works at boxing but it’s lazy to think there’s some one size fits all approach to these things.

58 minutes ago, Super said:

I'm not sure where this story comes from, but it has several flaws. Three Lions ISN'T England's "official song" - we don't have an "official" song. Also in all the usual suspects printing this story, there is not a single quote from the FA to stand it up.

Ultimately, even if it were true, how could the FA ever be able to stop fans singing a song?   

I'm calling this story utter bollards. 

• Like 15
  • Flames 1

35 minutes ago, 2015 said:

Sweet Caroline is a rugby song as well, for me it doesn't suit football matches.

100% this tbh

Sweet Caroline makes me cringe, especially the 'so good, so good...'. Three Lions is great.

• Like 9

3 hours ago, Super said:

Tell that to the crowd, I have a feeling it will be sung with even more gusto just to annoy the FA.

2 minutes ago, Ciderhead433 said:

Do people still read the Sun

and believe what they write

Incredible isn't it.

Look how well it's worked though, and how many people were taking it as gospel without a scintilla of critical thinking. The outrage is already confected by the time the FA make their statement

It's how they've been gulling idiots for decades.

• Like 3

You can imagine the next Sun headline: "FA reverses decision after Sun campaign".

Honestly, the right wing media in this country are a disgrace. Freedom of the press is vital, but we need stricter rules on outright lies

5 minutes ago, Silvio Dante said:

I look forward to the Sun tomorrow stating that they’ve achieved “victory” in their campaign and the FA have “U-turned”

Total ****ers.

Snap! 

• Like 2