IGNORED

Trivia Question

GrahamC

When this season ends on Saturday it will see us “accomplish” something that we haven’t done in any of the following seasons since the 2003/4 one.

I’ll leave it a few hours before revealing the answer, but would be interested to see if any others have noticed it.

Pretty sure this fact will subsequently be quoted by the local media…

Hmm…the 2003/4 season was the one where we had Wilson in charge and lost to Brighton isn’t it?

My guess here is it relates to the number of home grown/under 23 players played? If I’m right on my seasons we had Burnell, Hill, Amankwaah, Riberio, Brown etc that year?

Certainly we conceded far more and finished higher so I’m going down a non “success” route!

1 hour ago, GrahamC said:

When this season ends on Saturday it will see us “accomplish” something that we haven’t done in any of the following seasons since the 2003/4 one.

I’ll leave it a few hours before revealing the answer, but would be interested to see if any others have noticed it.

Beaten or equalled a home score to clean sheet scoreline?

1 hour ago, Silvio Dante said:

Hmm…the 2003/4 season was the one where we had Wilson in charge and lost to Brighton isn’t it?

My guess here is it relates to the number of home grown/under 23 players played? If I’m right on my seasons we had Burnell, Hill, Amankwaah, Riberio, Brown etc that year?

Certainly we conceded far more and finished higher so I’m going down a non “success” route!

I'd also guess at the number of home grown/academy players regularly playing/named in the first team.

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, sludge said:

Not used a loan player all season?

That’s not a bad shout. I’m sure we signed Tony Rougier at the back end of the season but it was contract cancelled as opposed to loan.

However, I’m unsure if Anthony Rougier came in on the same basis.

• Haha 4

2 hours ago, GrahamC said:

Mornington Crescent ?

• Haha 4

27 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

Seeing as Graham raised the Q, something like penalties could be the answer.

You must have a few spreadsheets covering the last 18 years that you can peruse to provide a clue 

2 hours ago, sludge said:

Not used a loan player all season?

Correct, this season is unique in that regard back until at least 1996 (I haven’t checked prior to that).

36 minutes ago, FForbes said:

A very good guess but unfortunately we used no loan players in just one season in that range (2018/19) as far as I can see.

Kasey Palmer was on loan in 18/19.

• Thanks 6

9 minutes ago, pongo88 said:

You must have a few spreadsheets covering the last 18 years that you can peruse to provide a clue 

Spreadsheets are ok , as long as they have better accuracy than Infant School Standard

.....You don’t want your right backs confused with your left backs for instance

Edited by Sheltons Army
  • Haha 2

22 minutes ago, Sheltons Army said:

Spreadsheets are ok , as long as they have better accuracy than Infant School Standard

.....You don’t want your right backs confused with your left backs for instance

Or your inside outs confused with your outside ins.

20 minutes ago, BS3City said:

So is it loan players or what? As someone posted earlier Palmer was on loan a few seasons ago wasn't he? I'm confused...?

First season without using any loans since at least 1996

• Thanks 1

9 hours ago, SBB said:

First season without using any loans since at least 1996

Sorry, my previous answer was a bit rushed & possibly misleading.

This is the first season since 2003/4 when we haven’t fielded a loan player in at least 1 game.

The 1996 reference was that prior to 03/04, we did so in every season back to then, I haven’t checked when the next season that we didn’t do so was, prior to that.

The guesses about going a whole season without a penalty at home raise a very good point, but I have absolutely no idea of the last time that happened.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Hmmm 1