IGNORED

New Deals for Academy Stars

And Its Smith

https://www.bcfc.co.uk/news/new-pro-deals-for-academy-stars/

Good news

3⃣ - defenders Callum Wood and Jamie Knight-Lebel have signed three-year deals
2⃣ - goalkeeper Mac Boyd has a two-year deal
1⃣ - midfielders Tommy Backwell and Omar Taylor-Clarke and forward Seb Palmer Houlden have year-long deals

Edited by And Its Smith
  • Thanks 2

33 minutes ago, billywedlock said:

That the OS photo has both Tins and Nige says quite a lot to me . 

Tins must be delighted that there is now a clear integration and desire to provide a pathway for youth . 

Banner image

Some big boys here. Pearson and Tins must both be 6'1" or so, so there's some decent sized lads in this picture. 

• Like 1
  • Flames 1

Its not entirely clear from this article but are Taylor-Clarke, Palmer-Houlden, Knight-Lebel and Boyd all currently second year scholars...  the same as Zac Bell, Kadji and Leeson who have already signed pro deals?

Callum Wood I think is the same age group as Benarous, Scott and Marley Francois ? currently first year pro, going to be second year pro next season. Big vote of confidence in him seeing as he's not played first team football yet.

Anyone know which age group Tommy Backwell is in ?

Lots of young players whose contract status I'm not sure of... Buse, Owers, Soady, Taylor, etc

Final thought: the future looks bright for young centre backs: Towler, Idehen, Low, Wood, Knight-Lebel all on long(ish) term contracts.

11 minutes ago, Bristolcityyatton said:

Its not entirely clear from this article but are Taylor-Clarke, Palmer-Houlden, Knight-Lebel and Boyd all currently second year scholars...  the same as Zac Bell, Kadji and Leeson who have already signed pro deals?

Callum Wood I think is the same age group as Benarous, Scott and Marley Francois ? currently first year pro, going to be second year pro next season. Big vote of confidence in him seeing as he's not played first team football yet.

Anyone know which age group Tommy Backwell is in ?

Lots of young players whose contract status I'm not sure of... Buse, Owers, Soady, Taylor, etc

Final thought: the future looks bright for young centre backs: Towler, Idehen, Low, Wood, Knight-Lebel all on long(ish) term contracts.

Out of interest how does the sequence go?

• 1st year scholar
  • 2nd year scholar
  • pro

12 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

Out of interest how does the sequence go?

• 1st year scholar
  • 2nd year scholar
  • pro

yeh thats how I understood it.

with 1st year scholar being basically equivalent to school year 12, 2nd year scholars being year 13 and first year pros being equal to the first year of university (or the real world!)

Pretty sure you can sign a contract at 17 though, so the most promising youngsters will sign pro before they would normally finish their scholarship - like kadji, bell and leeson did this season (I think so, anyway)

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Bristolcityyatton said:

with 1st year scholar being basically equivalent to school year 12, 2nd year scholars being year 13 and first year pros being equal to the first year of university (or the real world!)

Pretty sure you can sign a contract at 17 though, so the most promising youngsters will sign pro before they would normally finish their scholarship - like kadji, bell and leeson did this season (I think so, anyway)

Since when has university been the real world?

• Haha 2
  • Confused 1
  • Flames 1

1 hour ago, Bristolcityyatton said:

Thanks both….I’d not joined the dots on the 17 / pro contract but before.

36 minutes ago, Lrrr said:

Should the First team flourish in a way not seen since Alan Dicks time, then the manager will receive most of the credit.

However, the one who has and is doing his utmost to turn City into a force to be recognised in the English football world is a failed manager, City playing legend, who has quietly done his job over the last few years.

Thank you Brian Tinnion.

PS. Not meant as any criticism of Pearson. He in fact is now driving the use of Academy boys in a way not for a long time and it gives me a lot of confidence for the future of City.

Edited by cidered abroad
  • Like 4
  • Robin 2