IGNORED

Mackems v Owls

Lanterne Rouge

Attendance, 44 742. 

Now that is I believe not only a record for a play-off Semi Final, but shows what a real sleeping giant and 'Big Club' they are. 

If only fan support decided where the teams were eh? (Well, we'd be where we are and the Gash would be where they are - we'll for now anyway) 

11 hours ago, Malago said:

I’ve always thought it should be 

5th  home to 6th

Winner of above away to 4th

Winner plays 3rd place team at Wembley.

All one off games.

Yep. Def needs to.be an advantage the higher you finish.

33 minutes ago, The Swan and Cemetery said:

Similar in Scotland. Bottom down, 1st automatically up. Then 3rd play off against 4th, winner plays off against 2nd, winner plays off against second bottom from league above. 

It used to be similar in England (remember us relegating Blades before the Walsall debacle?). I think it was stopped due to trouble after games when a side went down - the game above being a case in point - as it was considered that fans were more likely to kick off if their side were relegated rather than just missed out on going up.

Whilst watching it was pleasing to see, despite both having striped shirts and black shorts, both teams wore their home kits without an unnecessary change.

The game appeared to be played in a good spirit with no vicious tackles or niggly fouls and the Ref even had a bit of banter with one or two players.