IGNORED

John Yems

Numero Uno

2 hours ago, Numero Uno said:

Sacked for using racial slurs and SEGREGATING players at the training ground based on colour. Mental and makes you wonder how he got away with it.

It's by 'mutual agreement' per the club statement here. I can't believe they couldn't sack him.  Hopefully there is a criminal case to answer.

God bless Crawley. A global search for a new manager. Job for LJ?

On a slightly more serious note I have got to believe there is way more to this than meets the eye. Training apartheid   Over an extended period…Really….the staff and the club must have been aware of that. Crawley must be expecting an investigation into the club itself!

• Like 1

Got to be more to this than reported.

I can believe it happened - but for seven months of separate change rooms for players of different skin colours - no way does this happen in 2022 without this being flagged at the first occasion.

If so, there will be more heads than Yems to roll, that's for sure.

Segregated changing rooms - for the love of god, this is Crawley, not Alabama.

Disgraceful.

• Like 1

It’s amazing how much racism is still around, even if the blatant everyday racial slurs have reduced since when I was younger.  I worked for one of the Big 4 consultancies until last year, and we had some training on D&I, and some 5 or so grads from Malaysia said that in their first week, one of the trainers said to them all why can’t we just give you all a number as you all look the same! 

7 hours ago, The Constant Rabbit said:

Got to be more to this than reported.

I can believe it happened - but for seven months of separate change rooms for players of different skin colours - no way does this happen in 2022 without this being flagged at the first occasion.

If so, there will be more heads than Yems to roll, that's for sure.

Segregated changing rooms - for the love of god, this is Crawley, not Alabama.

Disgraceful.

I’m actually struggling to get my head around it. How the hell does this happen and go on for so long?!

Yems should face a lot more than merely losing his job.

• Like 1

• Admin

Ex-Crawley Town manager John Yems has been charged with racial discrimination towards his players by the FA.

Yems, 62, is accused of making 16 comments that had a reference to either ethnic origin, race, nationality, religion, gender or colour between 2019 and 2022, in breach of FA Rule E3.2.

He is also alleged to have discriminated against Crawley players during the same period.

Yems has until 4 August to provide a response to the charges.

He was suspended by the club on 23 April amid "serious and credible accusations" that he used discriminatory language and behaviour towards his players.

Yems then parted company with the League Two side 13 days later, two days after the Football Association announced it was investigating the allegations against him.

When Yems was initially suspended he told BBC Radio Sussex it was "the first he's heard of the allegations".

He has since been replaced as Crawley manager by former Arsenal youth team coach Kevin Betsy.

The Professional Footballers' Association (PFA) is also conducting its own inquiry and providing support to players who have reported claims of racism to them.

"In any walk of life it takes courage for an employee to come forward with concerns about discrimination in their workplace," the PFA said in a statement.

"It's a decision that will involve understandable anxieties regarding potential career impacts and longer term employability.

"That's why it's crucial that the PFA is here to advocate for players and act as an independent source of support and advice on important matters such as this.

"Our message to any players who may have similar concerns, or who may be experiencing issues with discriminatory behaviour, is to speak to your union, either through your club's PFA delegate or directly with the PFA team."

TAKEN FROM:  https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/62334032

• Thanks 1

If some of these allegations are true why on earth weren’t they exposed and dealt with within minutes, never mind weeks or months?

I know if it happened in my workplace, which is just mad imagining it, there wouldn’t be any going into work tomorrow until the police and the company had dealt with it appropriately.

41 minutes ago, Vespa Red said:

Kevin Betsy - remember him?

Highly regarded as one of the best young coaches out there atm. Hope it works for him. Heard from someone in the game that they think he could have Graham Potter levels of trajectory if he has success in his first managerial role.    

2 hours ago, petehinton said:

Highly regarded as one of the best young coaches out there atm. Hope it works for him. Heard from someone in the game that they think he could have Graham Potter levels of trajectory if he has success in his first managerial role.    

From what I heard Arteta basically wasn't having Betsy and said he wasn't for him as a coach, rumour being Betsy would set teams up to win for the reason of making himself look good for setting himself up for a job rather than the players development. Think it'll be a case of in games where Crawley get it right they'll bop teams around the pitch, but where they get it wrong it'll go very wrong and be on the end of a few big losses.

3 hours ago, Vespa Red said:

Kevin Betsy - remember him?

One of my unforgettable City memories, actually. When we signed Kevin Betsy and Phil Jevons, I immediately thought of "Jevons to Betsy" and proceeded to exclaim this loudly in every pub on North Street, finding myself to be the greatest wit since I don't know Oscar Wilde. You can imagine, then, my excitement upon tuning in to Radio Bristol one fine day to listen to the City commentary, and hearing the immortal phrase uttered, as Phil passed the ball to Kevin, "Jevons, to Betsy, ...". Well, dear reader, I basically peaked right there

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Port Said Red said:

He was  big name in the PFA set up (still is?). I am surprised that this didn't come to light earlier with people like him around the club.

Betsy was an external appointment, was Arsenal u23’s coach 

• Thanks 1