IGNORED

Huddersfield Town away match day thread

1 minute ago, pillred said:

On the beach according to sky sports news, bit disappointed for the 800 odd that travelled all the way to Huddersfield.

If Sky Sports News said that it must be absolute fact. We go five unbeaten, lose to a better side without our best defensive midfield player and it doesn't take long for the grumbling to start.......

• Like 3
Just now, pillred said:

On the beach according to sky sports news, bit disappointed for the 800 odd that travelled all the way to Huddersfield.

Dead rubber really and always was going to be.  In saying that our consistency this year has been absolute crap anyway and I for one am not convinced nest year will be any different. Sincerely hope I'm proved wrong.

• Like 1
1 minute ago, Numero Uno said:

If Sky Sports News said that it must be absolute fact. We go five unbeaten, lose to a better side without our best defensive midfield player and it doesn't take long for the grumbling to start.......

No idea what the sky sports news presenter saying we look like we are on the beach has got to do with anyone grumbling, I have not heard anyone moaning.

1 minute ago, BigTone said:

Dead rubber really and always was going to be.  In saying that our consistency this year has been absolute crap anyway and I for one am not convinced nest year will be any different. Sincerely hope I'm proved wrong.

I fear you may be right Tone. Never mind, let's hope there is some improvement next season, but I don't think it will be much different to this one.  All the best to everyone and enjoy the break, see you next time.

• Robin 2
6 minutes ago, EstoniaTallinnRed said:

I fear you may be right Tone. Never mind, let's hope there is some improvement next season, but I don't think it will be much different to this one.  All the best to everyone and enjoy the break, see you next time.

Be good and take care

• Thanks 1
3 minutes ago, billywedlock said:

Well the 2022 version of City was a country mile different to the start of the season. So over a full season, it will be better. Don't get defeated 30 seconds after the end of the season ! Fortunately others have a little more positivity and can see where notable progress has been made, and where we will address the weaknesses. Watch Pearsons last interview on BCFC. THye do know where we are weak, and have been working hard to make sure we make further steps forward. 

We live in a land of hope

7 minutes ago, EstoniaTallinnRed said:

I’m not convinced either. Not expecting us to pull up any trees next season.  That said, I’ll take finishing next season 18 points from relegation right now as success.  

1 hour ago, Harry said:

Not the back 3. It’s the one on the left of the 3. He’s having a bit of a mare today. 
Easily done for the 1st goal. Easily done for the 2nd goal, plus numerous times caught out of position. 

The centre midfield 2 are absolute pony today as well. 

And Weimann only had 8 touches all half, and 5 of those were in added time!! 

I only saw the goals first half.

Watched the second half and I thought Atkinson and James were good.

Huddersfield are the strongest team in the playoffs imo and if they get through I don't think they will be coming straight back down.

We didn't play badly and had loads of possession, just that Huddersfield were expert in shutting us out.

7 minutes ago, billywedlock said:

Well the 2022 version of City was a country mile different to the start of the season. So over a full season, it will be better. Don't get defeated 30 seconds after the end of the season ! Fortunately others have a little more positivity and can see where notable progress has been made, and where we will address the weaknesses. Watch Pearsons last interview on BCFC. THye do know where we are weak, and have been working hard to make sure we make further steps forward. 

Yes but he also said "we have knowledgeable fans" , which if nothing else proves he doesn't read OTIB.?

Just now, bcfc01 said:

I only saw the goals first half.

Watched the second half and I thought Atkinson and James were good.

Huddersfield are the strongest team in the playoffs imo and if they get through I don't think they will be coming straight back down.

We didn't play badly and had loads of possession, just that Huddersfield were expert in shutting us out.

Personally thought James and Atkinson were both poor. 
We had lots of possession across the back and across deeper midfield because Hudds had no interest in pressing us. 

But hey ho. Season done. We managed to avoid relegation with possibly one of the poorest teams we’ve ever really had to put out. Got a bit better toward the back end of the season, thought the introduction of Cundy went well, Klose was decent, nice to see Semenyo have a good season. But we are incredibly poor in midfield and out wide (either full back, wing back or wing, however we wanna play). 
Midfield and wide players urgently needed. 

• Like 1
18 minutes ago, Numero Uno said:

Penalty? What's that?

Did a quick number crunch earlier.

1 awarded/won in 82 League games is quite some going...last home League penalty awarded 31st October 2020 v Norwich- the stats go on...think there was some incredible stat about the lowest across the top 31 divisions in Europe back in January over several years and it'll only have got worse since then probably.

• Thanks 1

Wasn't really expecting much from today but sounded pretty stale on the radio, solid enough season I would say considering how last season ended. Big transfer window coming now to push on, will take some skill to improve the team whilst losing 1 or 2 of the best players. Being realistic a small improvement might be good going again next year.

2 minutes ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

Did a quick number crunch earlier.

1 awarded/won in 82 League games is quite some going...last home League penalty awarded 31st October 2020 v Norwich- the stats go on...think there was some incredible stat about the lowest across the top 31 divisions in Europe back in January over several years and it'll only have got worse since then probably.

Last season doesn't count as we rarely got in the box.