IGNORED

Speedy Recovery Ayman

Fordy62

27 minutes ago, Red-Robbo said:

I feel for him. I did mine (again) while out walking the dog recently.  Fortunately, Nigel Pearson and City do not depend on my footballing services!  :laugh:

Crikey RR. Did you race against your dog?!

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Super said:

Crikey RR. Did you race against your dog?!

We were walking down a very steep slope and some stones gave way. The sudden jolt aggravated an ACL rupture I had 20 years ago.

That's my pre-season knackered. ;):D

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Red-Robbo said:

We were walking down a very steep slope and some stones gave way. The sudden jolt aggravated an ACL rupture I had 20 years ago.

Wishing you a speedy recovery mate.

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Red-Robbo said:

Wishing you a speedy recovery RR :thumbsup:

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, handsofclay said:

Yes but the dog still needs your lead holding services. 

To be quite honest, she'd be happier to be never on the lead. Lots of aimless running around by her. Reminds me of Callum O'Dowda.  :laugh:

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

5 hours ago, Red-Robbo said:

Mate, bummer. I'd wish you a speedy recovery, but... it's not. Stay strong!

4 hours ago, Red-Robbo said:

To be quite honest, she'd be happier to be never on the lead. Lots of aimless running around by her. Reminds me of Callum O'Dowda.  :laugh:

Are you releasing her?!

• Thanks 1

Just now, SecretSam said:

Mate, bummer. I'd wish you a speedy recovery, but... it's not. Stay strong!

I'm walking like John Wayne at the moment, but TBH the real damage was caused on Wimbledon Common in 2001. This is just a Grade One Sprain on an existing place of weakness (so the sports' clinic tell me) so it'll die down with rest and a brace to keep the cartilage from shifting position. 

2 minutes ago, Red-Robbo said:

I'm walking like John Wayne at the moment, but TBH the real damage was caused on Wimbledon Common in 2001. This is just a Grade One Sprain on an existing place of weakness (so the sports' clinic tell me) so it'll die down with rest and a brace to keep the cartilage from shifting position. 

My left knee is coming out in sympathy for you.  The right knee that had the ACL done on it is fine, bar the odd bit of fluid from time to time.  The left is knackered through over compensating for the right.  Bone on bone these days.  Ouch.

• Sad 1

1 minute ago, Davefevs said:

My left knee is coming out in sympathy for you.  The right knee that had the ACL done on it is fine, bar the odd bit of fluid from time to time.  The left is knackered through over compensating for the right.  Bone on bone these days.  Ouch.

As you know (only too painfully), they can be fixed, but they are never quite as good as they were before. 

But that's more of a worry for us old blokes.  Ayman is at the ideal age to recover rapidly from such an injury and depending on the severity of the tear, he may be back in contention in the autumn. 

17 minutes ago, Red-Robbo said:

As you know (only too painfully), they can be fixed, but they are never quite as good as they were before. 

But that's more of a worry for us old blokes.  Ayman is at the ideal age to recover rapidly from such an injury and depending on the severity of the tear, he may be back in contention in the autumn. 

Yep, very different for a professional sportsman.

• Like 1

Was chatting to someone at the weekend who's lad had gone through the City age-groups/academy a few years ago & he reckons that Benarous sustained the same injury when he was about 13 or so. Anyone know/heard about this and how it impacts possible progress? (Unsure if left or right sided)