IGNORED

PL Relegation

chriskoi

Burnley will owe big money if they come down, think I read £65m loan which has to be repaid straight away (as opposed to 2025) if relegated.

Everton would be the better away day, but I reckon they’ll win this league and probably break the points record whilst doing so.

16 minutes ago, Merrick's Marvels said:

I getcha, but...

New manager in the summer = different prospects for the club, that loan doesn't have to be repaid just yet if they're not relegated ... and who says Brownhill wants to leave??

Given if they stay up they will be looking at a similar season next year, if it was a step up I'm sure he'd be keen. Leeds and West Ham mentioned, so that could be tempting.

20 minutes ago, Mendip City said:

Bloody hell - Leeds is a sh1thole but Blackpool and Burnley are ok???

You’ve obviously found different versions of those places to the ones I know (and I live up t’north!!!). ????

I've lived up north too. Perhaps I wasn't accurate enough. I was referring to Elland Road and the area surrounding it. 

1 hour ago, Hxj said:

From an FFP perspective Everton.

The first three year period will cover 2020/21, 2021/22 and 2022/23.  They lost £120 million in 2020/21 (before allowable costs admittedly) but their FFP limit for 2022/23 will be £91 million and at 30 June 2021 they still had £210 million of intangible assets on the balance sheet.  That will take some finessing, I hear Mel and Steve are looking for jobs.

From memory, the roll up stays on the books.

2019/20 and 2020/21 combined average, 2021/22 and 2022/23.

As such the Upper Loss Tariff to 2022/23 would be £88.5m.

They lost pre tax wise £260m or thereabouts across the two Covid seasons but have claimed that Covid in a mix of addbacks and lost revenue was £170m.

Either way it strikes me that they could have a major issue on relegation. Doubtful they have relegation wage cut clauses either.

Edited by Mr Popodopolous

57 minutes ago, The Dolman Pragmatist said:

Leeds.

Anyone who can remember the Revie team of the 70s will always hate Leeds.

Harvey,Reaney.Cooper,Hunter,Charlton,Lorimore,Giles.Bremener,Gray,Jones,Clarke.

And no i never hated them. Infact i loved to watch them play, they had everything you could dream a Bristol City team could be.

• Like 2

9 hours ago, The Dolman Pragmatist said:

Leeds.

Anyone who can remember the Revie team of the 70s will always hate Leeds.

Only good things out of Leeds are two of my and our great heroes. Norman bites yer leg Hunter and Terry Cooper.

• Robin 1

1 hour ago, City oz said:

Only good things out of Leeds are two of my and our great heroes. Norman bites yer leg Hunter and Terry Cooper.

Jimmy Mann, Bob Taylor, John Shaw, A58 ?

I actually liked the 70's Leeds, I just liked football and whoever I could watch. It wasn't on every day back then. Took a while to develop my  football hatreds. 

3 hours ago, The dastardly red said:

Just in case anyone hasn't said it already Leeds have the most annoying fans. Villa a close second. Millwall have comedy fans, I don't think no one likes them, no one takes them seriously. Knees up muver braaaan raand the old joaaaana and all that. 

So you do think that someone likes them.........?

4 hours ago, The dastardly red said:

Just in case anyone hasn't said it already Leeds have the most annoying fans. Villa a close second. Millwall have comedy fans, I don't think no one likes them, no one takes them seriously. Knees up muver braaaan raand the old joaaaana and all that. 

Ah, but you see they don't care that no one likes them. As they insist on telling everyone. Repeatedly.

• Like 1