IGNORED

PL Relegation

chriskoi

1 hour ago, Swede said:

Just think of all those adorable Leeds fans gracing the Championship with their unbiased opinions and warm respect for the opposition. That's why everyone loves them. . . I can't wait

You forgot their overwhelming sense of humility and acceptance of the league they are in.

• Like 4

• The title was changed to PL Relegation
10 minutes ago, Barrs Court Red said:

They have a home game vs Brighton while Burnley are away at Spurs. I think that may well be key into how it shakes out. 

Leeds have Brighton H and Brentford A

Burnley have Spurs A Villa A and Newcastle H

Edited by Sir Geoff
Added Text

10 minutes ago, Sir Geoff said:

Leeds have Brighton H and Brentford A

Burnley have Spurs A Villa A and Newcastle H

I don't think it really matters who has who now to be honest (unless maybe the top 2 were involved). I know it sound cliche, but it's the end of the season. It's about who turns up on  the day, with fight, passion, agression, awareness.... balls. 

I think Leeds are down but it's not over yet. 

• Like 1

On 08/05/2022 at 10:32, Swede said:

Just think of all those adorable Leeds fans gracing the Championship with their unbiased opinions and warm respect for the opposition. That's why everyone loves them. . . I can't wait

To be fair to them, last time we played Leeds at home I was chatting to a few of their fans about an hour before the kick off and they pointed out that ‘Atyeo’ was spelled incorrectly on all the signs within the boundaries of the stadium which showed the layout of the four stands - they did it in a very respectful, pro ‘talking about your best ever player’ sort of way - and I was very grateful to them and thought very differently of the average Leeds fan after that - I passed on their feedback to the club ...

Was convinced it would be Everton joining Watford and Norwich but fair play fat Frank has proved he isn’t a complete waste of space as a manager.

If Leeds do come down I can’t see them being overly strong at this level - they always seem to be in disarray and never seem to have the ability to bounce back at the first time of asking after a relegation so from our perspective I’d rather Leeds than Everton to come down to be honest!

Edited by bris red

On 07/05/2022 at 21:48, The Dolman Pragmatist said:

Leeds.

Anyone who can remember the Revie team of the 70s will always hate Leeds.

I watched the 1965 FA Cup Final between Liverpool and Leeds (on black and white TV), and whilst I recall the match itself was quite boring, I was enthralled by Leeds' black South African winger, Albert Johanneson, and, from that moment, Leeds became my 'second team'.

I acknowledge I may be in the minority on this forum, but I really enjoyed watching that Don Revie team.

I can't stand them now, though, and started to go off them following their fans' outrageous behaviour to me during our fantastic FA Cup victory at Elland Road. 

22 minutes ago, PHILINFRANCE said:

I watched the 1965 FA Cup Final between Liverpool and Leeds (on black and white TV), and whilst I recall the match itself was quite boring, I was enthralled by Leeds' black South African winger, Albert Johanneson, and, from that moment, Leeds became my 'second team'.

I acknowledge I may be in the minority on this forum, but I really enjoyed watching that Don Revie team.

I can't stand them now, though, and started to go off them following their fans' outrageous behaviour to me during our fantastic FA Cup victory at Elland Road. 

The problem with Revie's Leeds is that he had them deploying tactics that were totally unnecessary given their talent. When they decided to play they could pass any team off the Park and they had goals a plenty in the team with Jones, Clarke, Lorimer and Gray, but for some reason they had to cynically target an opposition player who the Don had earmarked as a threat.

I was put off Leeds when I witnessed this in the 68 Cup game. They scored two brilliant goals against us with great play but had to resort to assaulting Quigley at every opportunity. This was in addition to Sprake getting sent off for punching Garland. The term dirty Leeds was never more apt than at that game and I've had real dislike for them ever since. 

That a large proportion of their fan base shows an undeserved arrogance doesn't lighten my mood towards them and I sincerely hope they get relegated. 

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, RoystonFoote'snephew said:

The problem with Revie's Leeds is that he had them deploying tactics that were totally unnecessary given their talent. When they decided to play they could pass any team off the Park and they had goals a plenty in the team with Jones, Clarke, Lorimer and Gray, but for some reason they had to cynically target an opposition player who the Don had earmarked as a threat.

I was put off Leeds when I witnessed this in the 68 Cup game. They scored two brilliant goals against us with great play but had to resort to assaulting Quigley at every opportunity. This was in addition to Sprake getting sent off for punching Garland. The term dirty Leeds was never more apt than at that game and I've had real dislike for them ever since. 

That a large proportion of their fan base shows an undeserved arrogance doesn't lighten my mood towards them and I sincerely hope they get relegated. 

Leeds cynicism was certainly disappointing, especially when, as you say, they had such a great team/squad - I know you were referring to out and out goal scorers, but they also had occasional scorers such as Giles and Bremner, Jack Charlton, Terry Cooper and, of course, our very own ? Norman Hunter.

I do agree, though, about the fans and, for that reason if no other, would have a wry smile were they to be relegated.

8 minutes ago, PHILINFRANCE said:

Leeds cynicism was certainly disappointing, especially when, as you say, they had such a great team/squad - I know you were referring to out and out goal scorers, but they also had occasional scorers such as Giles and Bremner, Jack Charlton, Terry Cooper and, of course, our very own ? Norman Hunter.

I do agree, though, about the fans and, for that reason if no other, would have a wry smile were they to be relegated.

Cynicism aside, I could admire most of the Leeds players of that era for their skill but I never took to Giles. For all his talent he was a nasty little ankle tapper who seemed to take delight in raking down the achilles from behind. 

30 minutes ago, PHILINFRANCE said:

Particularly as last season, when they actually played well,  they weren't allowed in due to covid.

On 12/05/2022 at 21:24, PHILINFRANCE said:

Our very own Terry Cooper too…