IGNORED

Last season

GrahamC

7 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

I hadn’t read the the 6 year bit, you gotta link anywhere please?  Ta.  (I can’t see anything in Annex F of the UEFA doc…is it a transitional arrangement?)

Will have a look, saw it in some media report but maybe it was just speculation.

Was in this article albeit paywalled.

https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/premier-league-clubs-set-to-benefit-uefa-s-new-spending-rules-explained-wfcjpshkx

Any income from selling players will allow clubs to spend more — but transfer income will be averaged out over the past six years.

I have a subscription so can look back. Assume it means profit not income? Although income is an odd use of words...unless they are measuring it by fees received instead of profit. Unsure if I've put 2 and 2 together and made 5 with the 70% of profit rule- may even have been an idea superseded by events.

Edited by Mr Popodopolous

From the excellent informative posts on here, allied to the comments made by R Gould,  I would not expect any points deductions... and I for one would be pleased if HNM went  for a decent fee and we held the other crown jewels to give the club more 'wiggle' room moving forwards. when it comes to incoming players.

I am not in the doom and gloom camp re the future of the playing side and would hope the sale of HNM and possibly Kalas would give us loads opportunity. Again enjoy the next few weeks or so.. 

• Like 1
  • Robin 1

On 08/05/2022 at 15:37, DT The Optimist said:

From the excellent informative posts on here, allied to the comments made by R Gould,  I would not expect any points deductions... and I for one would be pleased if HNM went  for a decent fee and we held the other crown jewels to give the club more 'wiggle' room moving forwards. when it comes to incoming players.

I am not in the doom and gloom camp re the future of the playing side and would hope the sale of HNM and possibly Kalas would give us loads opportunity. Again enjoy the next few weeks or so.. 

I do hope so. I'm not altogether sure how the circle is squared at this second- in recent months it was reported that we were losing £2m per month which unless the Covid allowances were markedly higher than usual would leave me concerned ahead of next year.

Put another way if it's £30m as the club claim then we are well and truly in the clear- if it's £17-18m in the 2 Covid years (a basic subtraction of revenue from 2018/19 to the 2 subsequent years) and another £2.5m this year then it's a bit touch and go and if it's only the £5m x 2 and £2.5m as voted on by EFL clubs- well we have an undoubted problem.

Fulham and Bournemouth are the latest clubs poised to bounce back to the Premier League on the back of a current distribution system that puts them at a significant advantage to their rivals. The current model leaves the likes of Bristol City and Cardiff City racking up losses of £2m-plus a month merely to remain competitive in the division.

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/football/2022/04/08/cost-controls-wild-west-championship-finally-sight/

The article is from April, the one about new wage limits at this level so it's not a new addition.

Remain competitive is a curious term too, expect in this context it means pulling off the odd shock, not losing too heavily too often and heads above water ie the relegation scrap.

Edited by Mr Popodopolous