IGNORED

FBC Pod

Davefevs

How can you say it was a typical away performance over the past 4 years?  Most fans would admit our away form has been our saving grace over that period, and those who travel have generally seen better performances than us who only go to home games (watching away on Robinstv).

World Cup break is November.

Why the rhetoric of Pearson will get until the World Cup break, like you’ve almost sealed his fate, that it’s going to bad next season?  Are you really siding with Ian that Pearson should go.

We shouldn’t judge an opposition on how many changes made, you should look at what players were changed, how good they are, etc.  it’s not like Corberan brought in 6 kids, all changes were established Championship players, although the keeper is most definitely second choice.  Mark called them “replacements”.  He brought back in his top-scorer (Ward if you were T aware) as one of those 6.  How do you reflect on that?  He brought back Daniel Sinani who has made 34 starts and 10 sub apps this season.  I don’t expect everyone to have an in-depth knowledge of Huddersfield’s team, but then it devalues comments made that it was a second string team put out.

To then move on to Benarous’s ACL and pose the question “unfortunate or symptomatic of the hamstring probability centre” is a pretty poor lead imho.  Well done Mark for not falling into the trap.  Do we not listen to the pre-match interviews.  Ian just went on his own agenda (again) about yellow cards for Scott.  So, Scott has got 12 yellows, yet hasn’t been suspended once, so I’d imagine he’s well aware of the suspension rules and the trigger points.

Then the comparison of last season to this…total failure to bring any context.

Yes, we all want City to do better, but there has to be some balance to the conversation, some challenge to the negativity.  It felt like “thank duck we lost, so we can all be doom and gloom again”.

I stopped listening at that point.  Seemed like a result influenced pod to use as a stick to bash Pearson / City.

• Like 10
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 1
  • Flames 3

1 hour ago, Davefevs said:

How can you say it was a typical away performance over the past 4 years?  Most fans would admit our away form has been our saving grace over that period, and those who travel have generally seen better performances than us who only go to home games (watching away on Robinstv).

Why the rhetoric of Pearson will get until the World Cup break, like you’ve almost sealed his fate, that it’s going to bad next season?  Are you really siding with Ian that Pearson should go.

We shouldn’t judge an opposition on how many changes made, you should look at what players were changed, how good they are, etc.  it’s not like Corberan brought in 6 kids, all changes were established Championship players, although the keeper is most definitely second choice.  Mark called them “replacements”.  He brought back in his top-scorer (Ward if you were T aware) as one of those 6.  How do you reflect on that?  He brought back Daniel Sinani who has made 34 starts and 10 sub apps this season.  I don’t expect everyone to have an in-depth knowledge of Huddersfield’s team, but then it devalues comments made that it was a second string team put out.

To then move on to Benarous’s ACL and pose the question “unfortunate or symptomatic of the hamstring probability centre” is a pretty poor lead imho.  Well done Mark for not falling into the trap.  Do we not listen to the pre-match interviews.  Ian just went on his own agenda (again) about yellow cards for Scott.  So, Scott has got 12 yellows, yet hasn’t been suspended once, so I’d imagine he’s well aware of the suspension rules and the trigger points.

Yes, we all want City to do better, but there has to be some balance to the conversation, some challenge to the negativity.  It felt like “thank duck we lost, so we can all be doom and gloom again”.

I stopped listening at that point.  Seemed like a result influenced pod to use as a stick to bash Pearson / City.

Some people are clueless Dave. 

• Like 1

Would be interesting to see the evolution of the Huddersfield side - but it just goes to show what you can do in a relatively short time with parachute payments and a good young(ish) manager.

Oddly this is their first season in the last TEN (at least) where they've finished with a positive goal difference - they got promoted to the Premier League 16/17 via the play-offs with a -2 goal difference.

• Like 1

https://foreverbristolcity.podbean.com/e/where-was-the-hope-for-next-season-bye-bye-hnm-have-a-nice-life/

An all too familiar display from City saw them end the season on a losing note rather than extend the unbeaten run to six games and send everyone into the summer break in relatively good spirits.

Ian, Mark & DaveP spend little time reviewing the match action where sloppy goals were again evident, instead talk is of the curse of the HPC with the ACL injury to Benarous, how do you accommodate Alex Scott in a midfield without breaking up WSM and was it crocodile tears from HNM at the final whistle as he said his goodbye to the fans. If you're that sorry to be leaving just sign the contract that's been in front of you for three months and whilst we all agree you really are a decent human as a player you really haven't kicked on in the three years you've been here.

Edited by Curr Avon

Not a good last podcast of the season, I like FBC 75% of the time but I thought this one was a chance to reflect on how far we've come in the last year and it was a really negative focus on the 90mins without context almost like we should have been perfect, no one went into the game thinking we were better than Huddersfield and we got beat by them - nothing unexpected.

• Like 3

45 minutes ago, Sleepy1968 said:

Would be interesting to see the evolution of the Huddersfield side - but it just goes to show what you can do in a relatively short time with parachute payments and a good young(ish) manager.

Oddly this is their first season in the last TEN (at least) where they've finished with a positive goal difference - they got promoted to the Premier League 16/17 via the play-offs with a -2 goal difference.

Yep, spot on, Still getting PPs this season.  Corberan doing a fine job, but easier for Cowley and now Carlos to reshape a squad with £90m to aide it.  They are set up nicely to “go again” if they don’t get up.

I do like the way they play, they “battered” us to 2 defeats (???) last season, you could see what he was trying to do.  They recruit splendidly too (Google Leigh Bromby).

I actually want them to go up out of the 4 PO teams.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

Yep, spot on, Still getting PPs this season.  Corberan doing a fine job, but easier for Cowley and now Carlos to reshape a squad with £90m to aide it.  They are set up nicely to “go again” if they don’t get up.

I do like the way they play, they “battered” us to 2 defeats (???) last season, you could see what he was trying to do.  They recruit splendidly too (Google Leigh Bromby).

I actually want them to go up out of the 4 PO teams.

I actually think they may be the best coached and organised team I have seen in the Championship this season. Corberan has a good pedigree, which shows.

They have a financial advantage over us for sure but we are not talking about Fulham level wages I suspect.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Davefevs said:

No doubt Ian Gay was the main voice. He’s the most dreary and negative ‘fan’ that I know.

Hes a perfect example of the Dunning-Kruger effect……..……..:sleeping:

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, chinapig said:

I actually think they may be the best coached and organised team I have seen in the Championship this season. Corberan has a good pedigree, which shows.

They have a financial advantage over us for sure but we are not talking about Fulham level wages I suspect.

Agree.

Agree.

3 minutes ago, Robbored said:

No doubt Ian Gay was the main voice. He’s the most dreary and negative ‘fan’ that I know.

@NcnsBcfcmentioned this last week…I googled it….indeed.

43 minutes ago, Curr Avon said:

https://foreverbristolcity.podbean.com/e/where-was-the-hope-for-next-season-bye-bye-hnm-have-a-nice-life/

An all too familiar display from City saw them end the season on a losing note rather than extend the unbeaten run to six games and send everyone into the summer break in relatively good spirits.

Ian, Mark & DaveP spend little time reviewing the match action where sloppy goals were again evident, instead talk is of the curse of the HPC with the ACL injury to Benarous, how do you accommodate Alex Scott in a midfield without breaking up WSM and was it crocodile tears from HNM at the final whistle as he said his goodbye to the fans. If you're that sorry to be leaving just sign the contract that's been in front of you for three months and whilst we all agree you really are a decent human as a player you really haven't kicked on in the three years you've been here.

I need to listen to this!  First i have heard of Benarous's'  ACL, THAT is sad news.  Can HNM be blamed for wanting to improve his career, get better coaching, and play within a higher grade of abilities?  It is extremely unfair to accuse a 21 year old of crocodile tears, when he   obviously has affection for the club....but quite reasonably wants to play at a higher level and be ambitious.  HNM could supply the funds to overhaul our very average midfield, which would be a great legacy for him to leave?.   He has never got a consistent run in the side, and was often switched position, so taking that into consideration,      i think he has performed well.  More knowledgeable coaches than you or I are willing to pay comparatively big money for him, so THEY can obviously see what he can eventually achieve..........I wish him all the very best, and believe he can leave with his head held high...............anyway off to this podcast...Ha!  

• Like 5
  • Flames 4

24 minutes ago, Robbored said:

And you make the same comment every week which is the Déjà vu effect. ?

Edited by Curr Avon
  • Haha 1

27 minutes ago, Robbored said:

Quite so. Plus motivated reasoning*.

* something else for people to google.?

Still banging on about leaving Martin out and breaking up our front 3 next season.

Oh and replace the entire midfield, which obviously would include Scott, Benarous, Williams.

Replace Pearson in September During the World Cup break ( guys the world cup isn't until November !!)

Gave me a good laugh for an hour, these guys really are a joke.

• Like 4
  • Flames 1

1 hour ago, maxjak said:

Yep we all seem so well informed, and and at times almost intellectual after Pheckin googling?  The Dunner-Kruger effect indeed?   .......What next? An expose of the Freudian id, ego and superego within the pre match dressing room?

Oi you, stop it…just concentrate on getting Han’s age right, before you confuse me with all this malarkey. ???

• Like 1

2 hours ago, maxjak said:

I need to listen to this!  First i have heard of Benarous's'  ACL, THAT is sad news.  Can HNM be blamed for wanting to improve his career, get better coaching, and play within a higher grade of abilities?  It is extremely unfair to accuse a 21 year old of crocodile tears, when he   obviously has affection for the club....but quite reasonably wants to play at a higher level and be ambitious.  HNM could supply the funds to overhaul our very average midfield, which would be a great legacy for him to leave?.   He has never got a consistent run in the side, and was often switched position, so taking that into consideration,      i think he has performed well.  More knowledgeable coaches than you or I are willing to pay comparatively big money for him, so THEY can obviously see what he can eventually achieve..........I wish him all the very best, and believe he can leave with his head held high...............anyway off to this podcast...Ha!  

Agree that HNM has the ability to play at a higher level and will no doubt kick on big time in the right team (a possession based team). The more knowledgeable coaches are paid to spot that. That team isn’t us. It says a lot about his time here that his “legacy” will be probably to get us out of the shit FFP wise rather than any goals or assists that we can look back on.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, maxjak said:

Completely agree on your comments about HNM. @Curr Avonplayers can be sad at leaving a club, maybe HNM feels he has outgrown city and feels for his career best to move on , despite liking it at the club and being happy living in Bristol. I think the comment of ‘crocodile tears’ extremely disrespectful and ignorant. Have you never changed employer, where a new employer offers better benefits,  wherever that be more income, working pattern etc but been sad to leave your current employer?

Please remember how young HNM was when he came to us, a new country, a new language possibly away from family and friends. I’m sure a number of people at the club both playing and non playing have helped him settle into the club and Am

Not everything is as black and white as you obviously want to portray it 

Edited by daored
  • Like 6
  • Thanks 1