IGNORED

Play Offs

Red Army 75

10 hours ago, Kodjias Wrist said:

This condescending comment just wasn't needed was it. He made an opinnion about a player like we all do. I am sure you have opinnions on all the worlds best players that you haven't physically watched. 

Fair enough - fair point - I always reserve judgement on a player until I’ve seen them play ‘live’ though - i’ve mentioned on here a few times that I didn’t really think Patrick Vieira was that good - but when I saw him ‘live’ my opinion changed instantly - he was immense and his ‘off the ball’ movement and intelligence was awesome - and that’s the kind of stuff you just don’t see on a tv screen when the cameras generally just follow the ball ...

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

Fair enough - fair point - I always reserve judgement on a player until I’ve seen them play ‘live’ though - i’ve mentioned on here a few times that I didn’t really think Patrick Vieira was that good - but when I saw him ‘live’ my opinion changed instantly - he was immense and his ‘off the ball’ movement and intelligence was awesome - and that’s the kind of stuff you just don’t see on a tv screen when the cameras generally just follow the ball ...

I was a bit like that with Elvis Costello (will pique @GrahamC’s interest)…liked his music, but had no idea how good he was until I saw him live. ???

Bit of a strange story, apologies for the digression.  We were on a skiing trip in Italy and in a bar at lunchtime enjoying a bit of apres ski!  Oliver’s Army came on the jukebox and we started singing along.  The bar owner who we called the Big Yin, because he looked a bit like Billy Connolly came over, we were expecting him to ask us to quieten down.  Instead he asked whether we liked Elvis Costello, to which a few of us said yes. He then told us he (EC) was playing a gig down the road (50km or so) the following night, and as he was driving there on his own, would any of us be interested in joining him.  To which a dozen of us said yes!!  He obviously couldn’t fit us in his car but he then went on to say that the tickets included a free bus from the cable car station.  So we went over bought our tickets, about €10, cheap as pasta!

The following evening we met at the cable car station with about 30 old women (70s at least), pink rinse, fur coats, and began to wonder whether we were really going to see Elvis Costello, or maybe some Italian tribute act, or something completely different and the Big Yin had stitched us up.

So, we got the bus, arrived at the town, and got dropped off outside an Opera House.  We were still all a bit “suss” at this point, but then the Big Yin arrived, and some others less than 70 years of age….and a poster of the Elvis Costello, so relaxed.

Elvis came on stage with Steve Nieve (pianist) and delivered an operatic set, which although wasn’t my cup of tea, really showed off his voice.  He came out for the second half and played all the stuff we liked.

image.thumb.png.6d804c895f24e6a5c25875553d0d9e45.png

image.thumb.png.82995899dec5c8c67dc3edf5ea46e811.png

One of my favourite gigs of all time.

• Like 4
  • Flames 1

21 hours ago, steviestevieneville said:

To be fair. You can’t appreciate a game on tv as much as you can live. You can’t see the whole pitch, runs off the ball , tactical switches etc 

But apparently you get great professional analysis on Robins TV up against someone in the Dolman.... Must just be a coincidence why I never got a reply to any of my questions.....

10 hours ago, RoystonFoote'snephew said:

Not saying that Mansfield didn't deserve to go through, they defended magnificently tonight, but how they ended up still with 11 players on the pitch only the ref knows. 

Couple of incredible decisions, even after that “tackle” how Quinn got away with deliberately punching an opponent in the face as he ran past him (only given a yellow) I have no idea.

Mansfield defended well, Northampton looked punchless but they didn’t get a single important decision in their favour, either.

3 minutes ago, Ronnie Sinclair said:

DC sent to the stands in extra time 

He tried to slow down his own ball boy from giving the ball back quickly, bit of argy bargy with a Swindon player, handbags everywhere, then he's off!

10 minutes ago, Gazred said:

He tried to slow down his own ball boy from giving the ball back quickly, bit of argy bargy with a Swindon player, handbags everywhere, then he's off!

Not so much “argy bargy” more like an attempt by Clarke to throw a punch followed by moving his head towards him, a clear red card.

I know he’s had some off field problems but no excuses for that, he’s a nasty piece of work.

4 minutes ago, GrahamC said:

Not so much “argy bargy” more like an attempt by Clarke to throw a punch followed by moving his head towards him, a clear red card.

I know he’s had some off field problems but no excuses for that, he’s a nasty piece of work.

Yep, seen the replay a couple of times since. It's a clear red, he totally lost it for no reason really.

6 minutes ago, GrahamC said:

I understand what you mean, but given his particular recent personal tragedy, I prefer to be gracious and say he is extremely hotheaded.