IGNORED

Play Offs

Red Army 75

Just now, phantom said:

Let's not over react too much, fortunately it's only happened at a few end of season games with a small minority of people, it's not every week or every month. 

It shouldn’t happen once. No player should be attacked by fans doing his job. If nothing is done you will be the first to moan when fences are reintroduced.

• Like 2

• Admin
1 minute ago, Numero Uno said:

It shouldn’t happen once. No player should be attacked by fans doing his job. If nothing is done you will be the first to moan when fences are reintroduced.

Random to say I'd be the first to complain 

It won't happen, typical over reaction, yes it's appalling but keep it in context 

• Admin
1 minute ago, Ronnie Sinclair said:

Only takes one idiot with a blade in a melée like that and we've got real bother then

On the basis that's never happened anywhere in the world its a very extreme example to use

Just now, Sheltons Army said:

With Vales reputation , I was wondering as the game went on what would happen if Swindon won it...

Would have been real problems 

Have they swapped the supporters ends? 

Have watched 4 shootouts in the past week and this was the first time the team I was rooting for won. Unlucky Swindon who play nice football and should be a good shout for automatic next season, as already mentioned horrible pen from McKirdy. I'm no Port Vale expert but I guess a bumper crowd at a club like that you could have confidently called that things like that would have happened with the Swindon players, shame that a minority are ruining pitch invasions I'm sick of hearing the media hype about this already.

Hope we don’t go back to fences, but because of the nutters/drunks, you have to move to no tolerance to anyone going on the pitch (bans, fines etc.) And I have some sympathy for Vieira tonight - why should he just take it from someone who should not be anywhere near him? 

Edited by eardun
  • Like 2

• Admin
8 minutes ago, Lrrr said:

Patrick Viera kicked an Everton fan on the pitch who was seemingly goading him

Just seen it, Everton fan sticking two fingers up right into his face for a good few seconds

Good to see the other Everton fans diffuse the situation 

1 minute ago, Northern Red said:

Not one of the cowards actually had the b**s to throw a punch or kick back at Viera

Surprise surprise - giving it plenty of mouth and posturing quelle surprise

He will be in trouble but it’s getting to the stage where players and managers striking first when fans get in their faces will occur more often , and have a reasonable defence citing recent incidents 

• Admin
7 minutes ago, steviestevieneville said:

For the third night in a row , fans have ran on the pitch & attacked players . That’s ok is it ? 

Point completed missed again 

Anyway my last post tonight. 

For anyone who missed sky coverage tonight 

From memory fences were only removed following Hillsborough, so with all seater stadia, no safety reasons not to put them back up? But maybe misremembering. Would be good if players/management could stop incessant goading of opposing fans, doesn’t excuse some things we’ve seen recently, but also can hardly help (not aimed at Vieira btw). 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, The Swan and Cemetery said:

From memory fences were only removed following Hillsborough, so with all seater stadia, no safety reasons not to put them back up? But maybe misremembering. Would be good if players/management could stop incessant goading of opposing fans, doesn’t excuse some things we’ve seen recently, but also can hardly help (not aimed at Vieira btw). 

Also, remember that fences at most grounds were restricted to the stands behind the goals. At the Gate, there have never been fences in front the Dolman or Enclosure (at least since I started going 44/45 years ago).

Edited by Sleepy1968