IGNORED

Play Offs

Red Army 75

13 minutes ago, Sweeneys Penalties said:

People complaining about Stewards...would I stand in the way of hundreds trying a pitch invasion on their wage? Sod that 

This is only about five seconds but it's the funniest example of Millwall stewards “trying to stop a pitch invasion” ever! I laughed long and hard ... 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Do wonder if there’s potential to change the play off format to avoid the scenes seen at forest and port vale and have a one off semi at a neutral ground.

It’s no coincidence that both penalty shootouts so far have been won by the home side who had a passive advantage (yes i know they earned that over the season)

2 hours ago, East Londoner said:

Do wonder if there’s potential to change the play off format to avoid the scenes seen at forest and port vale and have a one off semi at a neutral ground.

It’s no coincidence that both penalty shootouts so far have been won by the home side who had a passive advantage (yes i know they earned that over the season)

This sounded a bit off to me so I had a little look into the past records and play off semi's that go to pens are basically 50/50 whether or not the home team wins. Vale were 1st and 2nd to miss last night and were given a lifeline by the dreadful technique of the next Swindon player who stepped up. Might be interesting to hear what players would have to say about that but it seems to me that it's fairly random.

39 minutes ago, Baba Yaga said:

This sounded a bit off to me so I had a little look into the past records and play off semi's that go to pens are basically 50/50 whether or not the home team wins. Vale were 1st and 2nd to miss last night and were given a lifeline by the dreadful technique of the next Swindon player who stepped up. Might be interesting to hear what players would have to say about that but it seems to me that it's fairly random.

I actually meant more in connection to the fans coming on at the end. You never got it when fa cup semis were at neutral venues for example 

13 hours ago, The Swan and Cemetery said:

From memory fences were only removed following Hillsborough, so with all seater stadia, no safety reasons not to put them back up? But maybe misremembering. Would be good if players/management could stop incessant goading of opposing fans, doesn’t excuse some things we’ve seen recently, but also can hardly help (not aimed at Vieira btw). 

Agreed, Charlie Austin being a prime example.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Sheltons Army said:

0F3D56F1-6C7D-4989-82E3-7770C8FE2742.jpeg

Port Vale (Burslem) is a pretty dreadful place at the best of times & I must admit watching it last night I did worry for this bloke, as very unusually these days Vale had no black players in their squad last night at all (Malvind Benning is one of very few British Asians in the game) & I suspected that he would be targeted by their moronic Brexity fans.

People are criticising the likes of Vieira for his reaction but this stuff simply cannot be allowed to continue.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

9 minutes ago, GrahamC said:

Port Vale (Burslem) is a pretty dreadful place at the best of times & I must admit watching it last night I did worry for this bloke, as very unusually these days Vale had no black players in their squad last night at all (Malvind Benning is one of very few British Asians in the game) & I suspected that he would be targeted by their moronic Brexity fans.

People are criticising the likes of Vieira for his reaction but this stuff simply cannot be allowed to continue.

How the hell have you even brought Brexit into this?

• Like 9
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

4 hours ago, GrahamC said:

Would you care to elaborate on exactly what a “moronic Brexity fan” is please?

Edited by BS15_RED
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

20 hours ago, Red Shadow said:

As they do ?

I won't desert them and will be there next season. Not good enough on the night and yes we had our chance in the penalty shoot out and more than we could have hoped for after Power left us in the quagmire. Re-group  and start again with plenty of positives going forward and hopefully the fanbase will only get bigger.

• Like 1
  • Robin 1

Just now, Shaun Taylor said:

I won't desert them and will be there next season. Not good enough on the night and yes we had our chance in the penalty shoot out and more than we could have hoped for after Power left us in the quagmire. Re-group  and start again with plenty of positives going forward and hopefully the fanbase will only get bigger.

I was only jesting ?. Got nothing against your lot personally and all the best for next season. I hope for your fans sake your club is in better hands. PS get a roof over the Stratton Bank ?

• Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, Red Shadow said:

I was only jesting ?. Got nothing against your lot personally and all the best for next season. I hope for your fans sake your club is in better hands. PS get a roof over the Stratton Bank ?

None taken and I expect a little stick/humour?

Plans are In place to start work on the Stratton bank roof in a years time.

46 minutes ago, weepywall said:

I see Sunderland have sold 46k tickets for today, impressive numbers, almost as many as the Gas sold in their division 5 play off final a few years back.

They are already gushing over Sunderland on Sky. I think they just need to turn up to win ?

Brexiteers triggered! 

Anyway today’s game… Wycombe have got this. Big strong side that are used to turning over clubs three times their size. They will rise to the occasion and Sunderland will freeze amidst all the expectation and pressure from a fanbase that demand higher level football. I’m backing Wycombe, York and Dorking in today’s playoff finals (come on you DORKS… I really hope that’s their nickname)

Edited by Wanderingred
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, PhilC said:

They are already gushing over Sunderland on Sky. I think they just need to turn up to win ?

Never the case, but really hope they do.

Firstly it is ridiculous that a club of their size (& anyone who doesn’t think they’re huge, knows little about football) is in the third tier.

Secondly it would mean we don’t have to endure the prehistoric hoofball shite that Wycombe serve up as “football” next season.

Plus it will end the Akinfenwa media love in, a bloke who has made a career for the last few years by coming on as a sub in the last 5 minutes & pushing people over.

If he wasn’t the size of a bus as a limited lower division player he wouldn’t get any coverage at all.

It’s Wycombe for me, probably because I can’t stand Sunderland and Gareth Ainsworth is good fun, in an odd way. To make a perfect day I hope Akinfenwa comes on in the last 5 minutes, pushes a lot of people over, and scores the winner. 

• Haha 3

I’ve no idea who I want. Sunderland was a great away weekend experience, but I’ve done that. Wycombe would be a new ground for me, might be the only new one next season. Also Wycombe were shafted by cheating Derby, so maybe justice might be done. But yes I would be happy with either, although I hate watching games as a neutral.