IGNORED

Play Offs

Red Army 75

2 hours ago, Lanterne Rouge said:

Wycombe really are one-dimensional aren`t they? Just hoof it in and hope Vokes gets something on it.

Had visions of Stewart doing a Tomas Kalas v Blackburn there!

******* dreadful side, just kick it in the air, foul & bring Akinfenwa on to wrestle people to the floor for the last 5 minutes.

Delighted their shit “football” has stayed where it belongs, in the lower leagues.

• Like 3
  • Flames 1

Fair play to Sunderland - we as a football club know better than most what a hell hole the third tier is so hats off to them for finally getting out of it.

I did want Wycombe to win purely from a selfish point of view as they would be one less team to worry about next season for us but you cannot deny Sunderland and their huge following deserved it more than Wycombe on the day.

Edited by bris red
  • Like 1

39 minutes ago, pillred said:

What the Championship's not good enough for Sunderland comment, what an embarrassment he was cringeworthy. 

Commentators, pundits and journalists have a list of teams they like to say deserve to be in the Premier League. Sporting merit doesn't come into it for them.

Just as one day there will be a European Super League I wouldn't be surprised if at some point the PL becomes a closed shop of teams elected as members on the basis of their perceived size. Which is shorthand for how much money they can generate.

• Like 5

At least sunderland tried to play football today. Hoofball by Wycombe. For those that deny Sunderland are a big club did you see how many fans they brought today?

If they keep a few key players, make a few additions here and there I reckon they might surprise a few next year. I don’t see them struggling

1 hour ago, LondonBristolian said:

It's bittersweet but I hope he feels he's played a part in this. He pretty much built this team and was in charge for over half of the matches. Who  knows what would have happened if he'd stayed but he's given Alex Neil a foundation to build from.  

Having managed Sunderland for 2 years and 77 matches, departing with them in 3rd position - i'd say LJ would certainly feel he's played much more than just a part in their promotion. 

Neil having managed for 2/3 months and 18 games by comparison, that's very much LJ's team/squad and foundation - even if it was Neil who came in with the new manager sugar and spice that got them "over the line".

• Like 2

51 minutes ago, chinapig said:

Commentators, pundits and journalists have a list of teams they like to say deserve to be in the Premier League. Sporting merit doesn't come into it for them.

Just as one day there will be a European Super League I wouldn't be surprised if at some point the PL becomes a closed shop of teams elected as members on the basis of their perceived size. Which is shorthand for how much money they can generate.

Presumably for a few the debts they can generate will be overlooked?

17 hours ago, Sheltons Army said:

Love it when people like Hinchcliffe (Who often appears to come out with crap) criticises a keeper for pushing away a ball like that (Especially considering Walton had a mare for the goal)

And your experience of playing in goal is  ? Andy?

if he tries to catch and spills it and leaves a tap in ‘Why didn’t he just push it away’

Some poor Co commentators around atm 

I can’t stand Hinchcliffe, he tends to criticise a lot without having a clue. I’m amazed he played the game with what he says!

There is another EFL main commentator that his name escapes me. Often sits with Hinchcliffe actually, and he spouts absolute crap just to fill in the gaps of the game.

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, Lew-T said:

I can’t stand Hinchcliffe, he tends to criticise a lot without having a clue. I’m amazed he played the game with what he says!

There is another EFL main commentator that his name escapes me. Often sits with Hinchcliffe actually, and he spouts absolute crap just to fill in the gaps of the game.

Hinchcliffe isn't alone when it comes to criticising keepers from a position of ignorance. Souness is constantly saying the keeper should have done better when a goal is scored.

If I want to learn about goalkeeping I listen to Ben Foster, Rob Green or David Preece not some aging outfield player with no expertise.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, 22A said:

So we say goodbye to away games at Fulham & Bournemouth and gain ones at Norwich and Sunderland.

We have also gained Watford & lost Barnsley, so not quite the full picture you’ve tried to paint, is it?

In the Scottish play offs, Lowland League winners Bonnyrigg beat the winners of the Highland League and then played Cowdenbeath who were bottom of League 2 over two legs, so next season Bonnyrigg are in the Scottish league. Bonnyrigg only qualified for the Lowland League in 2019. Another Gretna perhaps?

On 20/05/2022 at 14:33, GrahamC said:

Port Vale (Burslem) is a pretty dreadful place at the best of times & I must admit watching it last night I did worry for this bloke, as very unusually these days Vale had no black players in their squad last night at all (Malvind Benning is one of very few British Asians in the game) & I suspected that he would be targeted by their moronic Brexity fans.

People are criticising the likes of Vieira for his reaction but this stuff simply cannot be allowed to continue.

More Brexity behaviour from those Stokies today…..

https://news.sky.com/story/staffordshire-police-investigate-claims-van-driver-drove-straight-over-family-of-ducklings-crossing-road-12618903

???

National League playoffs are underway tonight with Notts County v Grimsby, who have Ryan Taylor up front. Winner goes to Wrexham on Saturday.

Then tomorrow it's Halifax v Chesterfield, now managed by Paul Cook, with the winner playing Solihull on Sunday. The Final is a week on Sunday at the London Stadium.

Edited by Northern Red
  • Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, Northern Red said:

National League playoffs are underway tonight with Notts County v Grimsby,

I'm impressed by the quality of the pitch. Youl'd think it was the start, not end of the season. In the other televised game, St Johnstone's pitch is also in good condition.

Gasheads might be disgruntled. In the Notts / Grimsby games the commentator mentioned these teams are trying to get back into the EFL. he then continued; "Both these teams are as big a club as any in League 1".

9 minutes ago, 22A said:

I'm impressed by the quality of the pitch. Youl'd think it was the start, not end of the season. In the other televised game, St Johnstone's pitch is also in good condition.

Gasheads might be disgruntled. In the Notts / Grimsby games the commentator mentioned these teams are trying to get back into the EFL. he then continued; "Both these teams are as big a club as any in League 1".

Haha, yes that did raise an eyebrow!