IGNORED

Play Offs

Red Army 75

Could be wrong, but was that the lesser spotted Ian Holloway giving Darrell a hug just then?

Haven't seen or heard from the bloke for years, but since Rovers have become a ridiculously successful football club, he seems to be popping up again more and more.

Can't think why.

BTW, contragfulations to DC, I feel happy for him today too.

Edited by AppyDAZE
  • Like 2

5 minutes ago, AppyDAZE said:

Could be wrong, but was that the lesser spotted Ian Holloway giving Darrell a hug just then?

Haven't seen or heard from the bloke for years, but since Rovers have been a ridiculously successful football club, he seems to be popping up again more and more.

Can't think why.

Yeah it was, dressed like a UB40 tribute band. Price us up a chicken hutch boossssssss, Neeeeyyymaaaarrrrrr

Edited by Wealwayseatcheese
  • Haha 1

45 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

I knew Darrell Clarke was off due to a family bereavement and assumed it was obviously someone close.  I hadn’t appreciated it was his 8 year old daughter.  Well done Darrell today.

Absolutely, so pleased for the guy, can’t imagine the emotions he’s going through 

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, Wealwayseatcheese said:

Put aside all gas connections, he has my upmost respect and many congratulations to him and team. He had a photo of his daughter on his watch that he was kissing ?. Congrats Darrell Clarke. 

I saw him kissing his watch, but had no idea why.

Poor man.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, PHILINFRANCE said:

I saw him kissing his watch, but had no idea why.

Poor man.

Yes, when I found out about that, I really felt sad and I do believe it took a real lot of balls to do that after match interview. A LOT of balls.

Had anything as totally devastaing happend to me, I'm not sure I'd have even had the strength to have gotten up in the morning.

It was one of those moments watching football finals and stuff that will stay in the memory.

I wish the man all the luck in the world from now on, because he thoroughly deserves some.

Again, well done to Darrell Clarke and to Port Vale FC.

Edited by AppyDAZE
  • Like 5

28 minutes ago, AppyDAZE said:

Yes, when I found out about that, I really felt sad and I do believe it took a real lot of balls to do that after match interview. A LOT of balls.

Had anything as totally devastaing happend to me, I'm not sure I'd have even had the strength to have gotten up in the morning.

It was one of those moments watching football finals and stuff that will stay in the memory.

I wish the man all the luck in the world from now on, because he thoroughly deserves some.

Again, well done to Darrell Clarke and to Port Vale FC.

I was aware of Darrell Clarke's very personal loss, painfully aware, but didn't know why he was kissing his watch.

I share your thoughts as to how it must have affected him, but, unfortunately, I didn't see his interview.

I am so pleased for him, though, that he was able to have this wonderful day, and I hope he enjoys further success. 

• Like 3

14 minutes ago, PHILINFRANCE said:

I was aware of Darrell Clarke's very personal loss, painfully aware, but didn't know why he was kissing his watch.

I share your thoughts as to how it must have affected him, but, unfortunately, I didn't see his interview.

I am so pleased for him, though, that he was able to have this wonderful day, and I hope he enjoys further success. 

It was a hard watch, but I'm glad I saw it and it was one he should be very proud of. The tears started towards the end of the game when it was clear that his side had won. He has gained a lot of respect from me today. It must have taken so much courage to talk about his loss live on TV. I saw him kiss the watch at the time and I started feeling very emotionall myself. He's clearly never going to get over it, but it was a beautiful football moment. It's corny to say it, but football is a family at times like these.  Nigel Clough was great too.

Edited by AppyDAZE
  • Like 2

12 minutes ago, AppyDAZE said:

It was a hard watch, but I'm glad I saw it and it was one he should be very proud of. The tears started towards the end of the game when it was clear that his side had won. He has gained a lot of respect from me today. It must have taken so much courage to talk about his loss live on TV. I saw him kiss the watch at the time and I started feeling very emotionall myself. He's clearly never going to get over it, but it was a beautiful football moment. It's corny to say it, but football is a family at times like these.  Nigel Clough was great too.

Indeed.

Very warm, humble and respectful.

• Like 1

Well done Solihull Motors; 3-1 winners today.

For years the two local rivals Solihull Borough and Moor Green Rovers played in the Southern League. Like the two Inverness teams, they merged and climbed up their respective football pyramids.

Any suggestions for non league teams in our area who might benefit from merging?

Looking back through history, Bristol South End and Bedminster merged and achieved more success that had they not. At that time the biggest teams in Bristol were Warmley and St George. Rivalry was slowly killing the two clubs but they refused to merge and both disappeared.

38 minutes ago, 22A said:

Well done Solihull Motors; 3-1 winners today.

For years the two local rivals Solihull Borough and Moor Green Rovers played in the Southern League. Like the two Inverness teams, they merged and climbed up their respective football pyramids.

Any suggestions for non league teams in our area who might benefit from merging?

Looking back through history, Bristol South End and Bedminster merged and achieved more success that had they not. At that time the biggest teams in Bristol were Warmley and St George. Rivalry was slowly killing the two clubs but they refused to merge and both disappeared.

So , are you suggesting City should merge with the gas, in order to prosper ?

• Haha 1