IGNORED

Play Offs

Red Army 75

2 minutes ago, WolfOfWestStreet said:

Either of these teams will be fodder in the prem

Wouldn’t be so sure.  Cooper is a very good manager. If they can make a few good signings then I reckon he might get them close to survival.  Depending on who they sign I might be more confident of Forest under Cooper than Bournemouth under Parker 

• Like 1

Just now, And Its Smith said:

Wouldn’t be so sure.  Cooper is a very good manager. If they can make a few good signings then I reckon he might get them close to survival.  Depending on who they sign I might be more confident of Forest under Cooper than Bournemouth under Parker 

We'll see, don't fancy Bournemouth much either 

7 minutes ago, The Gasbuster said:

So Notts have had to wait 23 years (as we have been told numerous times this afternoon).

How many more ******* years are we going to have to wait ?

Depends how long Steve “it’s my club” Lansdown continues to own it. 

Edited by Barrs Court Red

30 minutes ago, 2015 said:

Championship 22/23

Birmingham City, Blackburn Rovers Blackpool, Bristol City, Burnley, Cardiff City, Coventry City, Huddersfield, Hull City, Luton Town, Middlesbrough, Millwall, Norwich City, Preston, QPR, Reading, Rotherham, Sheffield Utd, Stoke, Sunderland, Swansea, Watford, West Brom, Wigan

That is the most Championship line up you could get imo

It’s very uninspiring compared to previous

32 minutes ago, 2015 said:

Championship 22/23

Birmingham City, Blackburn Rovers Blackpool, Bristol City, Burnley, Cardiff City, Coventry City, Huddersfield, Hull City, Luton Town, Middlesbrough, Millwall, Norwich City, Preston, QPR, Reading, Rotherham, Sheffield Utd, Stoke, Sunderland, Swansea, Watford, West Brom, Wigan

Looking forward to some new grounds for me next season…well I've only been to four of those (apart from City, of course).

Bring it on!

37 minutes ago, 2015 said:

Championship 22/23

Is this a whoosh? 

Sheffield Wednesday, Portsmouth, Bolton, Ipswich, Plymouth - all in the division below - Bradford are 2 divisions below. All should be Championship clubs and, personally, I can't say the same for Blackpool, Luton, Millwall or Rotherham. 

Edited by Merrick's Marvels

34 minutes ago, The Gasbuster said:

So Notts have had to wait 23 years (as we have been told numerous times this afternoon).

How many more ******* years are we going to have to wait ?

I’ve got to be honest I don’t usually get jealous/envious of teams getting promotion to the Prem but watching the Forest fans celebrate then really did make me feel a sense of envy. 

Not sure if it’s because we have had so many battles with Forest over the last 10-15 years both in League 1 and the Championship but it just feels yet another club have got there before we have. 

Granted Forest are a bigger club than ourselves but it just goes to show no matter how much of a basket case a club can be it only takes an inspired appointment or getting the foundations right at a club and you can go a long way. Lets hope we are on the right path and can at least get back to challenging for a play-off spot in the coming seasons..

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, Merrick's Marvels said:

Is this a whoosh? 

Sheffield Wednesday, Portsmouth, Bolton, Ipswich, Plymouth - all in the division below - Bradford are 2 divisions below. All should be Championship clubs and, personally, I can't say the same for Blackpool, Luton, Millwall or Rotherham. 

Charlton too, far bigger than those 4 & arguably bigger than Preston or Millwall.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, bris red said:

Granted Forest are a bigger club than ourselves but it just goes to show no matter how much of a basket case a club can be it only takes an inspired appointment or getting the foundations right at a club and you can go a long way. Lets hope we are on the right path and can at least get back to challenging for a play-off spot in the coming seasons.

This is exactly right. Say what you like about Derby, they've done it in reverse, but have to be considered a big Club, similar to Sunderland. Bournemouth (yes they got very lucky but) right manager at the right time, they are much smaller Club than say Sheff Wed. Burnley, prime example, small one club town , they've done it brilliantly until this year.
I think SL has realised he needs to trust the football process. It may not work, but it's our only chance. If Nige gets it right, who knows.

1 hour ago, Merrick's Marvels said:

Is this a whoosh? 

There will always be a couple of clubs in L1 who should be higher and a couple in Championship who are historically lower. However, in the last 15 years Blackpool and Millwall have mainly been Championship clubs in that period. Rotherham and Luton are punching though

2 hours ago, 2015 said:

Championship 22/23

The majority there are typically 2nd tier clubs, in fact 12 of next season's opponents were in the equivalent of the Championship with City in my first season over 50 years ago. 

https://www.footballstatisticsresults.co.uk/english_1970_division_2_football_table.html

Edited by Nogbad the Bad

No doubt Cooper has gone a good job there but I think it’s been overstated.

He took over after a few games and not many points off the play offs at that stage. He was well backed with money in Jan.

Its not quite the same had the job Dowie did when he took Palace up.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Henry said:

No doubt Cooper has gone a good job there but I think it’s been overstated.

He took over after a few games and not many points off the play offs at that stage. He was well backed with money in Jan.

Its not quite the same had the job Dowie did when he took Palace up.

Or Phil Brown and Hull City 

Holloway and Blackpool.

Still its a great achievement.

Edited by Kodjias Wrist