IGNORED

Play Offs

Red Army 75

On 30/05/2022 at 12:17, Red-Robbo said:

Er, two FA Cups, old First Division runner-up in the mid 60s.  They've spent more of their life as a club in the top flight than out of it.

I'm not a big fan of the living-in-the-past Forest fans, but Nottingham is a big enough city to deserve at least one club in the Premier League. As is Bristol of course. 

I agree and wonder why it’s taking so long for you to get in the premiership 

1 hour ago, Shaun Taylor said:

I agree and wonder why it’s taking so long for you to get in the premiership 

I think City (and Swindon) are proof that when you fall, it takes a hell of a long time to get back up that ladder if you don't do it in your first one or two seasons.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, johnbytheriver said:

Roy Dwight (Eltons cousin) was also carried off after 33 minutes with a broken leg.

Couldn't sing " I'm still standing " then. :shocking:

• Haha 4

55 minutes ago, Red Army 75 said:

Solihull Moors v Grimsby Town play off final 3pm today. For anyone interested 

Grimsby hold the record of clubs waiting longest to get back to Div 1. City took 65 years, Grimsby were relegated from Div 1 in 1948; 74 years ago. Will today  be a steping stone for them?

From a Grimsby supporting friend

Division 2 next season, now we can play proper teams such as Sutton United, Crawley Town and Salford City instead of Notts County, Wrexham Halifax and Chesterfield. I can see record crowds already

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, 22A said:

Division 2 next season, now we can play proper teams such as Sutton United, Crawley Town and Salford City instead of Notts County, Wrexham Halifax and Chesterfield. I can see record crowds already

They must be gutted that with the Gas being promoted they've missed out on their cup final. Not often they get to play against such a huge club.

9 hours ago, 22A said:

It’s certainly getting to the stage now where the national league has bigger clubs that league 2 and even league 1. Forest Green and Morecambe two divisions above Oldham and Notts County is pretty insane! 

On 30/05/2022 at 15:32, East Londoner said:

Is a classy comeback and implies the players attitude is what caused him to be loaned out in the first place 

Or it shows he's no longer able to manage younger players maybe as they're 50 years younger. Cooper clearly understands how to manage players that age. 

14 hours ago, 22A said:

They should merge league 2 and national league and make it north & south.

There is **** all difference in standard. It would increase attendance and away following for sure. Grimsby v Scunny rather than Grimsby v Crawley 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, The Bard said:

They should merge league 2 and national league and make it north & south.

There is **** all difference in standard. It would increase attendance and away following for sure. Grimsby v Scunny rather than Grimsby v Crawley 

Whenever this comes up I always think would not East/West be better? With the road network in this country I`m sure Swindon would rather travel to Salford than Gillingham and Grimsby would sooner go to Cambridge than Carlisle.

4 hours ago, Lanterne Rouge said:

Whenever this comes up I always think would not East/West be better? With the road network in this country I`m sure Swindon would rather travel to Salford than Gillingham and Grimsby would sooner go to Cambridge than Carlisle.

It's a line isn't it? It will never be perfect 

18 hours ago, The Bard said:

It's a line isn't it? It will never be perfect 

I know and there will always be clubs who win and lose. Short of going to four regional divisions of twelve (which I don`t think anyone would want) there always will be, My point was more about the motorway network in England making it easier (if sometimes further) to go north/south  rather than east/west.