IGNORED

Play Offs

Red Army 75

6 minutes ago, TheReds said:

Because you literally cannot see the whole game, you cannot see movement off the ball in the main, how players pull other players out of position solely down to their movement, whilst making space for others. Chalk and cheese watching a TV game up to a live game. If you watched the same team/players week in week out live, then you will have a better understanding of what they do and bring to the team overall.

Doesn’t stop you having an opinion though does it? 

Just now, Dottie said:

Don’t know what the alternative is but really don’t think a game of this importance should be decided by penalties. 

Rock, paper scissors?

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, TonyTonyTony said:

Doesn’t stop you having an opinion though does it? 

No it doesn't and I never said it did, but I would argue it is overall less valuable up against an opinion of someone who has watched the game live in a Stadium - providing they know what they are talking about! 

15 minutes ago, TheReds said:

Because you literally cannot see the whole game, you cannot see movement off the ball in the main, how players pull other players out of position solely down to their movement, whilst making space for others. Chalk and cheese watching a TV game up to a live game. If you watched the same team/players week in week out live, then you will have a better understanding of what they do and bring to the team overall.

You can still get a good opinnion from tv. I am sure you have an opinnion on the best England starting 11? Would I begrudge you because you haven't seen them play? No that would be silly. On the flip side of what you are saying watching a player a couple of times love against different sides having with different set ups doesn't give you a great insight either.

Edited by Kodjias Wrist
Bad typos

2 minutes ago, TheReds said:

No it doesn't and I never said it did, but I would argue it is overall less valuable up against an opinion of someone who has watched the game live in a Stadium - providing they know what they are talking about! 

The professional analysis you get during a TV game is probably superior to the live comments from some farmer in the Dolman but yeah…

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Kodjias Wrist said:

You can still get a good opinnion from tv. I am sure you have an opinnion on the best 12 starting 11? Would I begrudge you because you haven't seen them play? No that would be silly. On the flip side of what you are saying watching a player a couple of times love against different sides having with different set ups doesn't give you a great insight either.

I am not begrudging anyone an opinion. I am 1000% certain that you will see a lot more if you are watching a live game in a Stadium. You will see more movement, runs, positioning, marking, switching etc etc from players who would not even be in camera shot on a tv game.