IGNORED

Play Offs

Red Army 75

5 minutes ago, Malago said:

“We’re not in the business of developing other teams players”.  A quote from an interview with RTV a few months back. 

I remember him saying before that loan players have to improve on what we have - we're not going to take a player from another club who doesn't. I don't think he's against loans, but he just doesn't want to bring in loans for the sake of it - which is what I think the quote above means. Do you have a link to the interview?

"I think everybody’s assumption is just because we’re talking about there might not be the opportunity to add permanent deals to go out and buy players, they automatically assume loan players just fall off trees and it doesn’t work like that because they’ve got to be the right players for us.

It doesn’t just work like the loan market is now important, the loan market is always important but I would prefer, wherever possible, to bring in players that are going to be our players."

Edited by IAmNick
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, Malago said:

“We’re not in the business of developing other teams players”.  A quote from an interview with RTV a few months back. 

That’s the way it should be. In my opinion, a loan should only be signed if you think you have a chance of the play offs and the correct loan might get you over the loan. To sign a loan to finish 12th instead of 15th is madness. We have a long term plan and good to see Pearson not wavering to fans calls for loans 

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, East Londoner said:

I’m torn, with the arrogance forest’s fans have shown I’d love to see them stay down but if they do sky will spend all next season fawning over them

That's the way of it. Of course if we were in Forest's position we would be in no way arrogant and be totally modest showing great decorum. 

3 minutes ago, And Its Smith said:

That’s the way it should be. In my opinion, a loan should only be signed if you think you have a chance of the play offs and the correct loan might get you over the loan. To sign a loan to finish 12th instead of 15th is madness. We have a long term plan and good to see Pearson not wavering to fans calls for loans 

Exactly this. If you are top 6 in January and the option to sign a player like Nketiah or someone of that ilk became available, it could be what you need to get over the line. It's not a signing for the long term, but a player who can deliver what you need. By bringing in 17-20yo's from the Premier League with no game experience for a season, you aren't guaranteed to be getting anyone who is better than your own youngsters and it stands in the way of them improving. The same as taking on a 30 something player who was classy and has been off with an injury, no point bringing in to get them fit for someone else, but if you need to add quality and there is a player in the premier league in January not getting games and wants football, and they could have the quality to help get a top 6 side into the Prem, then its a risk worth taking and I would imagine thats the only sort of loan Pearson would look at, unless one of the big boys buys Massengo or Semenyo and offers us a player on loan as part of the deal who might play in the same position, as it means you dont have to rush into getting a replacement. 

2 minutes ago, Midred said:

If Forest go up how many of this team will playing next season?

Prob 8/9 will ne squad players, but I think 4 or 5 of those in today's squad are out of contract in a few weeks, so could easily end up seeing players who win promotion today released.

6 minutes ago, robin for life said:

Prob 8/9 will ne squad players, but I think 4 or 5 of those in today's squad are out of contract in a few weeks, so could easily end up seeing players who win promotion today released.

I remember thinking this back in 2008. There were a lot of our players who were basically going to get themselves the sack if we`d won!

2 minutes ago, Lanterne Rouge said:

Difficult to say. If they go up they could keep Johnson and sign Spence but most would just  be squad players I think. Samba for instance is a very good Championship keeper but good enough for the PL?

Can’t see them signing nearly a new XI so would expect 5-6 of this team to be first teamers for next season with 5-6 new players added.  Would be surprised if they prioritised a new number one 

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, robin for life said:

Exactly this. If you are top 6 in January and the option to sign a player like Diony or Kent or someone of that ilk became available, it could be what you need to get over the line. It's not a signing for the long term, but a player who can deliver what you need. By bringing in 17-20yo's from the Premier League with no game experience for a season, you aren't guaranteed to be getting anyone who is better than your own youngsters and it stands in the way of them improving. The same as taking on a 30 something player who was classy and has been off with an injury, no point bringing in to get them fit for someone else, but if you need to add quality and there is a player in the premier league in January not getting games and wants football, and they could have the quality to help get a top 6 side into the Prem, then its a risk worth taking and I would imagine thats the only sort of loan Pearson would look at, unless one of the big boys buys Massengo or Semenyo and offers us a player on loan as part of the deal who might play in the same position, as it means you dont have to rush into getting a replacement. 

Fixed that for you.

19 minutes ago, Lanterne Rouge said:

I remember thinking this back in 2008. There were a lot of our players who were basically going to get themselves the sack if we`d won!

That WAS the case in 2004. IIRC, in 08 contracts were done in a way that cast offs who were OOC in the summer would not lose out.

• Thanks 1