IGNORED

Released players announcement..

PFree

Don't forget Palmer's not going to be on it as he is under contract.

My memory is there are six players out of contract in the summer.  (There were eight but Martin has signed and Simpson has left).

I think there are six players we are waiting to hear on:

• Bakinson (seems certain to be released)
  • Britton (strongly rumoured to be being released)
  • Cundy (my guess is we want him to stay but we'll see)
  • King (Not really sure what to expect. Guessing he'll be released but not sure if the Benarous injury changes anything.
  • Klose (my guest is we want him to stay but we'll see)
  • O'Dowda (I think he'll be released but a poster claiming to be ITK reckons he is being offered a new deal on reduced terms)

Other players - such as Palmer, Vyner and Moore - might have been advised to find new clubs but won't be leaving unless they do so or we negotiate a settlement. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, LondonBristolian said:

My memory is there are six players out of contract in the summer.  (There were eight but Martin has signed and Simpson has left).

• King (Not really sure what to expect. Guessing he'll be released but not sure if the Benarous injury changes anything.
  • O'Dowda (I think he'll be released but a poster claiming to be ITK reckons he is being offered a new deal on reduced terms)

Other players - such as Palmer, Vyner and Moore - might have been advised to find new clubs but won't be leaving unless they do so or we negotiate a settlement. 

Bakinson had his contract exercised in Nov.

2 minutes ago, LondonBristolian said:

Bakinson had a years option in his contract. We activated it when he was in the team (around the time of the Stoke home game, where he scored the winner). 

He then left for Ipswich on loan, and they have an option to buy.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

Bakinson had his contract exercised in Nov.

1 minute ago, AshtonRobin21 said:

Bakinson had a years option in his contract. We activated it when he was in the team (around the time of the Stoke home game, where he scored the winner). 

I forgot that. Bet he's delighted! 

15 hours ago, AshtonRobin21 said:

Listening to the pre-game presser NP doesn't like him one little bit !

Bit off topic, but has Cundy been as good as people are suggesting on this forum? Or is it a case of "expensive to replace". I haven't seen him play live apart from highlights. 

I thought his loan last season in L1 was fairly unsuccessful? Can't believe hes been loaned out 9 times! 

Edited by Sturny
  • Confused 1

2 minutes ago, italian dave said:

Didn’t Bakinson tweet something when he went to Ipswich that suggested the feeling was mutual?! 

Yup. I remember this. 

I think it's between him and NP, not city. We should get rid.

Edited by Sturny

16 hours ago, LondonBristolian said:

Thanks LB. 

King: I was expecting he’d be on his way, but if that’s what NP has in mind why bring him on on Saturday? 

Klose: personally I’d go for something a bit stronger than guess! If we don’t want to keep him we need our heads examining. 

• Like 4

6 minutes ago, Sturny said:

Bit off topic, but has Cundy been as good as people are suggesting on this forum? Or is it a case of "expensive to replace". I haven't seen him play live apart from highlights. 

I thought his loan last season in L1 was fairly unsuccessful? Can't believe hes been loaned out 9 times! 

Been ok, been part of a defence that’s looked tighter. If he was 21 instead of 24 we’d probably be more glowing…but he’s taken his chance.  You are right though, it’s a low cost contract extension ultimately.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Sturny said:

Yup. I remember this. 

I think it's between him and NP, not city. We should get rid.

Yes, agree 100%.

I think he’s a decent player but a) suits a style of football that’s the polar opposite of Pearson’s, and b) not sure it’s championship level decent.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, italian dave said:

Yes, agree 100%.

I think he’s a decent player but a) suits a style of football that’s the polar opposite of Pearson’s, and b) not sure it’s championship level decent.

He's not football smart enough off the ball to be a champ player yet. I want to call him lazy but on the ball he can be decent, we've seen it. 

His level is L1

Edited by Sturny
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Sturny said:

He's not football smart enough off the ball to be a champ player yet. I want to call him lazy but on the ball he can be decent, we've seen it. 

His level is L1

He needs runners - as we saw early last season. I do wonder what he’d look like behind our current front three.

I also feel that he’s one of those players who is quite clever at drifting into space - a significant attribute in central midfield. But one that needs hard workers/runners/tacklers alongside you and prepared to do that hard work in order to feed you - and I think NPs game expects everyone to be doing their share of the hard work! 

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Sturny said:

His level is L1

His general passing stats (percentage successful) are low, well below Champ average, his through passes are high in terms of completed attempts and average in terms of percentage successful.

At Lg1 level he is amongst the top group of Centre Midfield passers.

Lets not forget, he’s playing in a struggling City side and a decent passing Ipswich side.  I don’t think he’s the worst player in the world, on his day he can cut it at Champ level, but his middling performance is shy of what we require imho.  I hope we receive offers for him.

• Like 1
  • Flames 1
  • Robin 1

16 hours ago, PFree said:

Any idea when it is? Palmer, O Dowda etc...

Won’t be Palmer as he’s under contract unless it’s been terminated.

Think we’ll release Britton and O’Dowda

Be in talks with/retain Klose and Cundy

Unsure on King, clearly a good player off the pitch and when he’s played I don’t think he’s been bad. Not sure he’ll get much games next season though

16 hours ago, LondonBristolian said:

Bakinson is not out of contract - He did however hand in a transfer request last Summer that was denied and had is contract extension triggered by this Manager in November.

Cundy was told to find a new club last month but now has been offered a new contract which he has already signed.

Britton to be released.

Edited by Waconda

2 minutes ago, Charlie BCFC said:

Unsure on King, clearly a good player off the pitch and when he’s played I don’t think he’s been bad. Not sure he’ll get much games next season though

I reckon O’Dowda, Klose and Cundy will be mentioned as something like “contract discussions ongoing” like we did for Simpson and Weimann.  Maybe King too.

Britton the only senior players released is my guess.

Hoping we hear something on Josh Owers, not seen anything that his contract goes beyond this summer, but I’d be amazed if he was released.  With Ayman’s injury, although different in style, it’s a chance for him to jump up a position in the queue.

Let’s also be mindful of the chance that several Academy players might be part of this news too, and hope that although their time with City might be up, that they go onto to be successful elsewhere or in whatever they pursue next.

• Like 1

At this point I’m expecting us to keep King for another year. With HNM likely off, and Williams injury problems, it leaves us short in the middle. My guess would be he’s not on a big wage given his previous injury problems and he’s a City fan and settled in the area so would probably accept less playing time. If we are planning on recruiting younger less experienced players then someone like King is good to have around. 

Unless there’s another free agent out there NP has his eye on. 

My hunch is that it will be announced tomorrow.

Expect Andy King to get another year (there’s absolutely no logic to him being involved recently otherwise), Klose & Cundy to both be offered new terms, but I have no idea as to whether the former will say yes, & that O’Dowda & Britton will both be let go.

Then presumably Baker’s situation will become much clearer over the next fortnight.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

I reckon O’Dowda, Klose and Cundy will be mentioned as something like “contract discussions ongoing” like we did for Simpson and Weimann.  Maybe King too.

Britton the only senior players released is my guess.

Hoping we hear something on Josh Owers, not seen anything that his contract goes beyond this summer, but I’d be amazed if he was released.  With Ayman’s injury, although different in style, it’s a chance for him to jump up a position in the queue.

Let’s also be mindful of the chance that several Academy players might be part of this news too, and hope that although their time with City might be up, that they go onto to be successful elsewhere or in whatever they pursue next.

Cundy has already signed !

1 hour ago, Charlie BCFC said:

King and James id release two slow for championship football .

• Like 1
  • Haha 2