IGNORED

Released players announcement..

PFree

23 hours ago, bcfc01 said:

Having options is like making love to a beautiful woman.

As you know, I'm a very keen fisherman myself. You know, I've often thought that going fishing was very much like making love to a beautiful woman. First of all, clean and inspect your tackle, carefully pull back your rod over, and remove any dirt or gunge that may have built up whilst not in use. Then, extend your rod to its full length, and check that there are no kinks or any wear. Particularly at the base, where the grip is usually applied. Make sure you've got a decent float, the appropriate bait, and that there's plenty of shot in your bag.

• Like 1
  • Haha 12

14 hours ago, harrys said:

As you know, I'm a very keen fisherman myself. You know, I've often thought that going fishing was very much like making love to a beautiful woman. First of all, clean and inspect your tackle, carefully pull back your rod over, and remove any dirt or gunge that may have built up whilst not in use. Then, extend your rod to its full length, and check that there are no kinks or any wear. Particularly at the base, where the grip is usually applied. Make sure you've got a decent float, the appropriate bait, and that there's plenty of shot in your bag.

........then drop it in and let it soak?????

:facepalm:

6 hours ago, Redtucks said:

........then drop it in and let it soak?????

:facepalm:

- Making a cup of coffee is like making love to a beautiful woman. It's got to be hot. You've got to take your time. You've got to stir gently and firmly. You've got to grind your beans until they squeak. And then you put in the milk. 

• Haha 7

On 10/05/2022 at 20:18, Red-Robbo said:

Sithole will be leaving a shithole. 

That brought back memories of Jules on one midweek Sky Soccer Special when the aforementioned player scored or got sent off or something. Seeing him being so careful over saying his name was priceless and not helped by the pundits chipping in with comments!

• Haha 1

On 10/05/2022 at 20:18, harrys said:

That’s a good analogy . One I heard one about angling from a non angler was  ‘it must be like waiting for a late bus’ …….:rofl2br:

17 hours ago, Sir Geoff said:

Think in his last press conference NP said the released list will be out as soon as possible once the season is over including the U23's matches.

Which makes perfect sense . And seems the obvious from what NP has said. So how has a 4 page forum topic thread happened in conversation about what what we knew already.

2 hours ago, Rocking Red Cyril said:

Which makes perfect sense . And seems the obvious from what NP has said. So how has a 4 page forum topic thread happened in conversation about what what we knew already.

32 minutes ago, Galley is our king said:

Are you new to this?

Clearly didn’t participate in the 199 page Nketiah thread ??

• Haha 5

4 hours ago, Rocking Red Cyril said:

From memory he didn’t mention the u23s in that interview, he said he’d made his mind up, he wouldn’t be seeing them again after the Huddersfield game, etc.  However those involved in the 23s he might.  It does make sense to hold back until after this match though, although no OOC players will be involved.

15 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

From memory he didn’t mention the u23s in that interview, he said he’d made his mind up, he wouldn’t be seeing them again after the Huddersfield game, etc.  However those involved in the 23s he might.  It does make sense to hold back until after this match though, although no OOC players will be involved.

That’s the part I don’t get in that the academy players have known for weeks if they are being retained & there isn’t one starter from last game v Sheff U who like you say isn’t under contract.  

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Shuffle said:

That’s the part I don’t get in that the academy players have known for weeks if they are being retained & there isn’t one starter from last game v Sheff U who like you say isn’t under contract.  

Can only think that perhaps they thought one or two they’ve offered contracts to would’ve decided one way of the other by now, and therefore could do a more definitive press release.

• Like 2

https://www.bcfc.co.uk/news/city-announce-retained-list/

? CITY ANNOUNCE RETAINED LIST

MONDAY, MAY 16TH 2022

City today announced its Retained List following the conclusion of the 2021/22 Sky Bet Championship season. 

image.png.f9af618716ba9df860bb172b544866cc.png

Callum O’Dowda (pictured above) has been released following the end of his contract while discussions with Will Buse, Robbie Cundy, Timm Klose and Andy King – about a player-coach role – are ongoing.

All our released players leave with the club's best wishes and thanks for their contributions.

Players Over-24 released
Callum O’Dowda

Players Under-24 released
Khari Allen
Louis Britton
Barney Soady
Nathaniel Williams

Contract discussions ongoing
Will Buse
Robbie Cundy
Andy King
Timm Klose

Under contract in 2022/23

Players Over-24  

Rob Atkinson
Nathan Baker
Dan Bentley
Jay Dasilva
Matty James
Tomas Kalas
Chris Martin
Taylor Moore
Max O’Leary
Kasey Palmer
Cameron Pring
Zak Vyner
Andreas Weimann
Nahki Wells
Joe Williams

Players Under-24
Ben Acey
Tommy Backwell
Tyreeq Bakinson
Sam Bell
Zac Bell
Ayman Benarous
Mac Boyd
Tommy Conway
Owura Edwards
Marlee Francois
Prince Henry
Duncan Idehen
Saikou Janneh
Dylan Kadji
Jamie Knight-Lebel
Harry Leeson
Joe Low
Han-Noah Massengo
James Morton
Josh Owers
Seb Palmer-Houlden
Sam Pearson
Joe Porton
Alex Scott
Antoine Semenyo
George Tanner
James Taylor
Omar Taylor-Clarke
Ryley Towler
Harvey Wiles-Richards
Callum Wood

Edited by CiderJar
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 4

No huge shocks here overall. I think a lot of us called King becoming a player-coach (erring on the latter), and O’Dowda was always going if we didn’t take his contract option - like it or not, he’ll have suitors at this level.

Soady is the only minor one for me as I always thought he was highly rated historically but seems to have dropped off radar.

Now for the more interesting game of who we extend or sell 

• Like 1