IGNORED

Released players announcement..

PFree

8 minutes ago, Merrick's Marvels said:

I think the fact we've made Klose an offer and put feelers out to Curtis Davies, tells you what's going on with Baker. It's just a matter of time. 

If you listen to the Richard Gould interview pre Hull where he says that he still cannot take part in training & “a decision will be reached soon”, it is pretty obvious, especially as the concussion was sustained 6 months ago at the end of May.

Even if we can’t resolve this through insurance he’s clearly not going to play again, even if that means he stays on the payroll for one more year until his contract expires.

Edited by GrahamC
  • Like 4

Glad COD has gone, had been here too long IMHO and gone stale - more than anything else he needed a new challenge if he is going to progress. 

I certainly hold no ill feelings towards the chap it was just the circumstance I didn't like but if we offer stupid contacts then players aren't going to turn them down so another MA master class IMHO.

I expect him to turn up in a championship squad (and probably tear us a new one).

• Like 4

12 minutes ago, Roadrunner said:

Hopefully that might be good news re Nathan Baker, in that he may be available for the first team again next season. Good luck to Callum. Interesting that around  two thirds of our team are u 24. A question for you out their why are they still talking to Will Buse is contract is up in June. I have not seen him play is he any good.

Assuming Will wants to see the plans for him. Very good young keeper.  3rd best at the club I would say. 

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Roadrunner said:

Hopefully that might be good news re Nathan Baker, in that he may be available for the first team again next season. 

If that is the case, I don't understand why we've offered the bloke brought in as short term cover for Baker a new contract or why we're rumoured to have spoken to another tall, experienced ball-winning centre-half.  

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, MC RISK77 said:

Thanks for the memories!!

What memories?  I don’t have any good ones of CoD. He did very little despite his undoubted skills and decent pace. Never skinned a full back or took on defenders. He was largely a waste of space.

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Robbored said:

What memories?  I don’t have any good ones of CoD. He did very little despite his undoubted skills and decent pace. Never skinned a full back or took on defenders. He was largely a waste of space.

Don’t hold back mind. Why don’t you tell us what you really think?

• Haha 1

45 minutes ago, Roadrunner said:

Hopefully that might be good news re Nathan Baker, in that he may be available for the first team again next season. Good luck to Callum. Interesting that around  two thirds of our team are u 24. A question for you out their why are they still talking to Will Buse is contract is up in June. I have not seen him play is he any good.

Baker is under contract no matter what so he wouldn’t be on there. If he decides to cancel his contract then it will be announced separately I’d imagine

• Like 1

It’s interesting how many U24s we have, though not surprising considering the number of age related teams. I wonder how many, who aren’t currently in the first team squad, will make it at Championship level, Leagues  1&2, or National League. 

1 hour ago, Silvio Dante said:

No huge shocks here overall. I think a lot of us called King becoming a player-coach (erring on the latter), and O’Dowda was always going if we didn’t take his contract option - like it or not, he’ll have suitors at this level.

Soady is the only minor one for me as I always thought he was highly rated historically but seems to have dropped off radar.

Now for the more interesting game of who we extend or sell 

Yep. A number to consider.

Bentley

O'Leary

Kalas

Dasilva

Massengo

Either new contracts or sold. I think we sell 1 keeper, Massengo and Kalas, keep the other keeper and Dasilva. 

Klose signing would be great, especially if rumours about Baker's departure/retirement will be confirmed.  Cundy seem to have impressed too.

About COD...I think that he lost himself a bit, but he was also unlucky to get injured after he hit form. Anyway, I understand the choice of releasing him.

Edited by Dan Robin