IGNORED

Released players announcement..

PFree

4 hours ago, LondonBristolian said:

I think he's good enough for the Championship but not good enough to make allowances for attitude and temperament, if that makes sense.

It does make sense, but that’s the case with many footballers playing Lg1, Lg2, NL.  You need both sides of that coin, unless you are supremely talented.  I know you’re not saying this, but you can’t just take the good bits.  I believe he got his first warning / man-management from Nige after last seasons loss to Bournemouth, when he scored but lost his man at the corner last minute.  I suspect he’s been given at least one more “chance” since then. He hasn’t grasped it.

For me, Nige wants the youngsters to be influenced by model pros and winners, not have players around who aren’t prepared to have the right habits.

As one of our posters keeps writing, he handed in a transfer request in the summer. For me (outsider looking in), that is the first sign of a player who’d rather walk away than knuckle down.  My gut feel is that it will be his loss not ours.

2 hours ago, RedM said:

I cannot imagine for one moment we will see Kasey Palmer retained. I’m told that according to social media, not his, that whilst we were closing off the season at Huddersfield he was free to watch Liverpool v Spurs at Anfield. 

Does that make anyone think he will be here next season!?

He has a contract M so it’s not a matter of being retained. However I hope he finds a club and wants To go and play football somewhere. 

At least Wells was featuring in the match day squad at least, and even making a few appearances. I believe he asked to play in recent under 23 games too.

Whatever has gone wrong with Palmer sees him watching Premiership football in his free time when he is contracted to us. That seems very odd, especially as he once played for Huddersfield a few years ago.

I’m not explaining it very well, no doubt people will say he can do what he likes in his free time. But it just shows he has no interest in us, many current and ex players regularly watch us in their own time. Like I said, something has gone very wrong.

4 minutes ago, REDOXO said:

He has a contract M so it’s not a matter of being retained. However I hope he finds a club and wants To go and play football somewhere. 

Yes, I meant that he wouldn’t be here and that his contract is sure to be terminated one way or another. I guess I haven’t totally missed the fact that he is injured or something?

On 08/05/2022 at 17:22, AshtonRobin21 said:

Bakinson had a years option in his contract. We activated it when he was in the team (around the time of the Stoke home game, where he scored the winner). 

He then left for Ipswich on loan, and they have an option to buy.

It doesn't half show how bloody naive (stupid) we are. Could quite easily have been left until now. I suppose on the plus side COD's option wasn't exercised.

32 minutes ago, Sleepy1968 said:

It doesn't half show how bloody naive (stupid) we are. Could quite easily have been left until now. I suppose on the plus side COD's option wasn't exercised.

By activating the option it means Ipswich have to buy him rather than get him on a free ooc signing. That's the theory, of course a fee might put them off but we can make it a nominal amount - it just gives us options.*

*To quote Mark Ashton " I always have options during the window, options give you power,  options give you control and at this football club I always have several options, I fish in every pond, river, and lake to ensure those options are the best options - I have a world class data wall of every movement or action by every club and agent and that gives me a head start.   Information, options, power are the key to my success"

Don't you miss him?

Edited by CodeRed
  • Haha 5
  • Flames 2

1 minute ago, CodeRed said:

By activating the option it means Ipswich have to buy him rather than get him on a free ooc signing. That's the theory, of course a fee might put them off but we can make it a nominal amount - it just gives us options.*

*To quote Mark Ashton " I always have options during the window, options give you power,  options give you control and at this football club I always have several options, I fish in every pond, river, and lake to ensure those options are the best options - I have a world class data wall of every movement or action by every club and agent and that gives me a head start.   Information, options, power are the key to my success"

Don't you miss him?

What a manual manipulator!

46 minutes ago, RedM said:

Yes, I meant that he wouldn’t be here and that his contract is sure to be terminated one way or another. I guess I haven’t totally missed the fact that he is injured or something?

He had been injured (knee) for quite a while (February???), but has recently returned to training, albeit his own bespoke programme.  This was mentioned by Nige

• Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

He had been injured (knee) for quite a while (February???), but has recently returned to training, albeit his own bespoke programme.  This was mentioned by Nige

Did I hear his home life took a nose dive or was that my imagination/rumour. 

36 minutes ago, CodeRed said:

Don't you miss him?

Austin Powers Movie GIF

1 hour ago, RedM said:

Whatever has gone wrong with Palmer sees him watching Premiership football in his free time when he is contracted to us. That seems very odd, especially as he once played for Huddersfield a few years ago.

I’m not explaining it very well, no doubt people will say he can do what he likes in his free time. But it just shows he has no interest in us, many current and ex players regularly watch us in their own time. Like I said, something has gone very wrong.

He came to a Bristol Flyers game a few weeks back along with Massengo, O'Leary, Dasilva, Semenyo, Wells and Vyner if that changes anything for you?

2 minutes ago, TBW said:

He came to a Bristol Flyers game a few weeks back along with Massengo, O'Leary, Dasilva, Semenyo, Wells and Vyner if that changes anything for you?

At least he likes basketball and seems to be on good terms with his team mates ?

51 minutes ago, CodeRed said:

Don't you miss him?

You forgot the bit where he thanks the Lansdown family.

• Haha 7

1 hour ago, CodeRed said:

Don't you miss him?

Having options is like making love to a beautiful woman.

• Haha 7
  • Hmmm 1

5 hours ago, RedM said:

At least Wells was featuring in the match day squad at least, and even making a few appearances. I believe he asked to play in recent under 23 games too.

Odd

12 hours ago, CodeRed said:

Don't you miss him?

And sell ons presumably?

Did he really say that? Thanking my lucky stars I never used to read or listen to him! 

2 hours ago, Bristol Rob said:

See FGR have released Opi Edwards, didn't we have high hopes for him at one point?

Some did, but in truth others (like Jon Dolman) rightly pointed out he had already been on loan at the likes of Taunton without doing that much when loads of injuries gave him his chance & he was 21 or 22 already.

Another like Liam Walsh, in the list of “we’ll regret releasing him” that ends up much lower down the pyramid.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, GrahamC said:

Some did, but in truth others (like Jon Dolman) rightly pointed out he had already been on loan at the likes of Taunton without doing that much when loads of injuries gave him his chance & he was 21 or 22 already.

Another like Liam Walsh, in the list of “we’ll regret releasing him” that ends up much lower down the pyramid.

In fairness that was only @Fordy62?

• Haha 1

21 hours ago, LondonBristolian said:

I think he's good enough for the Championship but not good enough to make allowances for attitude and temperament, if that makes sense. A couple of years ago I was sat in a barbers listening to the two Italian men who worked there talking indiscreetly about another customer (who was not present). Basically their view of him was that they liked him and valued him as a customer but his attitude and assumption of how much they liked and valued him overstepped the extent that they actually did to a point where he was annoying them and they'd both rather he never returned.

It was a very weird and nuanced conversation to be listening to in a hairdressers but I also feel it may be an accurate analogy for Bakinson. 

Are you sure you weren't watching Coming to America?

• Haha 1