IGNORED

More pundit bashing, but I think they deserve it.

1960maaan

When Fulham went up a few years ago, the Championship side they had was brilliant, they went up and spent about £100m on an entire new squad and crashed and burned. Yesterday on Soccer Saturday , and I admit I think all they new boys are shit, Tim Sherwood said that Fulham would have to basically sign a new team, that squad cost about £158m apparently. They used to give Promotion winners a chance, when did that end ? 
I'd love to know if there is anyone that enjoys, or is impressed with Sherwood and Lee Hendrie ?  
I thought the old line up was good, didn't agree or particularly like them, but they were a good balance. Sherwood annoys the crap out of me, and Hendrie seems to do the bare minimum research to get by. Don't mind bright too much but the new batch really don't have much going for it.

1385085796_Screenshot2022-05-08at21_13_25.png.d67879ca856722587e704f829b66a5a9.png

• Like 2

Lee Hendrie is ******* rubbish, one of the worst co-commentators out there. He did one of our games during lockdown & must have said that he was cold about 5 times, no one is interested in that, you ****.

I saw him on Soccer Saturday this week & he just looked a complete mess, I know he’s had a few issues so genuinely wonder if they gave him the job because they are feeling sorry for him, it certainly isn’t based on any ability.

• Like 3

They're just pundits and silly asses that sit alongside the opinionator (they're not commentators anymore) who I rarely listen to as I prefer to make my own mind up. Few of them are any good but I don't know if these are any worse that we had before. At least I longer have to listen to Keith (never had a bad game) Andrews. 

They’re former professional footballers and TV companies seem to think that qualifies them to talk about how to build a newly promoted club to capable of surviving in the PL.

Fulham basically created a brand new squad of ‘better’ players and that got them relegated so I seriously doubt that they’ll make that mistake again.

The only pundit that I have anytime for is Don Goodman. I like to see him on Soccer Saturday instead of the muppet Sherwood

• Like 4

23 minutes ago, Robbored said:

They’re former professional footballers and TV companies seem to think that qualifies them to talk about how to build a newly promoted club to capable of surviving in the PL.

Fulham basically created a brand new squad of ‘better’ players and that got them relegated so I seriously doubt that they’ll make that mistake again.

The only pundit that I have anytime for is Don Goodman. I like to see him on Soccer Saturday instead of the muppet Sherwood

The same Don Goodman who just said we underachieved this season without any research into our budget and situation?

• Like 3

23 minutes ago, SBB said:

From afar? He’s a football pundit, it’s his job to know what he’s talking about. 

Goodman will know the intricacies of most of the midland clubs but not necessarily know about City - the injuries to senior players for example or the shambles that Nige inherited.

I recall this season Soccer Saturday had Cameron Jerome covering a game. Bloke looked like he had a gun pointed at his head the entire time. Looked so uninterested, hardly analysed the game and was almost like he was forced to be there!

Don’t think he’s been back on since. 

1 hour ago, SBB said:

From afar? He’s a football pundit, it’s his job to know what he’s talking about. 

And there in lies the problem. They look like they are just out for a day watching football, quick look at the current table, quick look at last years table, that's enough when do I get paid?
Lazy at best, but the makers of the program don't help. I have never seen anyone say a good word about Savage or Owen when it comes to punditry , and yet week in week out they're there. Whatever you thought of the Sky team as people, Merse, LeTiss, Nicolas and Thompson were good, the new line up are barely watchable. 

• Like 3

Seen bits of them on Soccer Saturday and have to agree, they're awful. In all honesty though, Sky Sports has become unbearably awful the last couple of years and for a variety of reasons. I unsubscribed a while back, absolutely not worth my time or money any more.

I have to say however the pundits on Quest's EFL show have seriously impressed me. The knowledge, the articulation, the personality. They are far and away a superior product to what Sky are putting out. The presenter too (forgot his name) is top notch, he knows his stuff and is entertaining. Big shame Quest has lost the rights to broadcast EFL highlights next year, or so I heard.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, ExiledAjax said:

Nedum Onuaha has been brilliant on the podcasts I've heard him on. 

If your referring to guardian football weekly then he is superb on that, would like to see them add a few more ‘head screwed on’ ex pros to their rotation like nedum to compliment the top contributors they have. Lars sivertson and philippe Auclair in particular are brilliant. If UK tv wasn’t so obsessed with names there are plenty of reporters out there who would do 10x the job on analysis rather than the glib rubbish we see most of the time

Edited by Fjmcity
  • Like 4

7 minutes ago, Fjmcity said:

If your referring to guardian football weekly then he is superb on that, would like to see them add a few more ‘head screwed on’ ex pros to their rotation like nedum to compliment the top contributors they have. Lars sivertson and philippe Auclair in particular are brilliant. If UK tv wasn’t so obsessed with names there are plenty of reporters out there who would do 10x the job on analysis rather than the glib rubbish we see most of the time

Yeh I think it is Guardian that Onuaha has been on. He's great as an ex-pro, actually honest about his career rather than just trotting out the same old platitudes about his old clubs. He's great (and much better than Jordan Jarret-Bryan). Auclair is great on the ethics/governance side of stuff, but tbh I find his comments on actual matches a little too PSG-or-nothing.

Sivertsen is great as well, IMO he and Vish have basically saved the Football Ramble from eating itself.

You're absolutely right that there are quality pundits out there beyond the hyperbolic ex-Liverpool and ex-Man Utd guys that the BBC and Sky seem obsessed with.

• Like 1
  • Flames 1